Global Posts
    623 Global Posts
    My employer just moved to Exchange and Outlook (from Groupwise).

I'm trying to access the OWA page, but am getting "401 - Unauthorized: Access is denied due to invalid credentials."

It's never prompting me for my login and password.

When I go to the same OWA site from a desktop computer, using Firefox or IE, I get a dialog box when I go to the site, asking for ID and password.

Does the Pre's browser not support dialog boxes, such as this? I've tried turning ON popups, but that didn't help.

Ideas?

This is Outlook Web Access version 8.2.234.1 (Outlook 2007). Also, it says the the authentication type associated with this Outlook Web Access session is "NTLM," if that helps.
    Global Posts
    85 Global Posts
    Are you trying to access through the palm browser or trying to setup a mail account?
    I think all Outlook Web Access accounts can be accessed via outlook.com or m.outlook.com (you'll have to use your full e-mail address though). Try doing that from a computer, if your able to access your e-mail I can provide further instructions on how to setup this domain on your WebOS device.
    Pre|central Peacekeepers
    Share your Mizzou pride:
    - wallpapers/boot themes - here
    - Black n' Gold theme - here
    Quote Originally Posted by squeff View Post
    Does the Pre's browser not support dialog boxes, such as this? I've tried turning ON popups, but that didn't help.
    It does. My wife's employer has OWA (2003) setup with a dialog box as well rather then the usual web page login. You could have your IT admin turn forms on (on the server) and that should get rid of the dialog box but even so that isn't likley your problem.
    Sprint|Samsung Epic
    Did you try to add them in your email preferences using the manual setup Exchange (EAS) you need your webmail server address as well?

https://xxx.server.xxx it is usually the same address you use to login into the web browser
    Global Posts
    623 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by csquare View Post
    Are you trying to access through the palm browser or trying to setup a mail account?
    Browser.

In terms of setting up a mail account, I can't do that either. However, I'm pretty sure that they don't have EAS turned on.
    Global Posts
    623 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    Did you try to add them in your email preferences using the manual setup Exchange (EAS) you need your webmail server address as well?

https://xxx.server.xxx it is usually the same address you use to login into the web browser
    I tried an EAS setup (manual), but I get "Unable to validate incoming mail server settings. Check the settings and try again."

I'm pretty sure that they don't have EAS setup. My employer feels that Blackberry and web browser access are the only acceptable methods, therefore they see no need to enable EAS. Or so I've been told.
    our company feels the same way and only officially supports the iphone. I had set my Treo up before my pre and several people's blackberry's. I would think if the blackberry is supported you should be able to setup your Pre unless they are using the Blackberry Enterprise Server(BES). Do you know someone that has a blackberry setup with the company and you could get their server settings and make the changes to your pre unless it is a BES.
    Global Posts
    623 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    our company feels the same way and only officially supports the iphone. I had set my Treo up before my pre and several people's blackberry's. I would think if the blackberry is supported you should be able to setup your Pre unless they are using the Blackberry Enterprise Server(BES). Do you know someone that has a blackberry setup with the company and you could get their server settings and make the changes to your pre unless it is a BES.
    BES, definitely.
    just pm'ed you squeff
    Global Posts
    623 Global Posts
    I've sent this to my IT department. Here's what I found out:

The problem may be caused by this bit of the apache config:

Header always unset WWW-Authenticate
    Header always set WWW-Authenticate "Basic realm='xxx'"
    Header onsuccess unset WWW-Authenticate

We need this to fix a bug/feature of IIS that would otherwise assume Integrated Authentication for all external clients.
    They say there is a bug in the Palm implementation of the WebKit browser, since the iPhone does not have the problems I've described (although they confirmed what I'm seeing with the WebOS Simulator). Therefore, I'm dead in the water.