Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1.    #21  
    Just a teaser to MSB

I have implemented the initial M3U feature for both URL and local file support, and it works with Internet Audio Archive files

I will soon release a new version, but I have to finish some other features first.
  2.    #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by MSB View Post
    So, let me throw this out there. While I know it's not directly related to importing media files on your PC to the Pre for use in drPodder, I was wondering if you would consider adding the ability to load a streaming audio playlist (i.e. .m3u file) and create a drPodder-capable "feed" file?

For example, over at the Internet Audio Archive there are literally hundreds of thousands of digital recordings - from Grateful Dead live shows to wax-cylinder recordings from the 1800s to FDRs fireside chats.

Anyway, just about everything there is stream-able and a .m3u link is provided. It would be awesome to be able to add this .m3u file in drPodder and have it be treated as essentially a "podcast", with each file in the stream as an episode.

I can't seem to get the Music player to handle .m3u files very well (plays the first file in the playlist and stop) and drPodder seemed like a nice alternative. And it seems like converting the playlist.m3u file into a podcast.xml would be rather simple.
    release 0.2.0.1 beta now has the m3u playlist feature you asked about
  3. msb
    Global Posts
    114 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by runebune View Post
    release 0.2.0.1 beta now has the m3u playlist feature you asked about
    Holy 5h1t, dude! You're awesome!

... as I quickly leave here to download the latest version...

Really, though... thanks!
  4.    #24  
    The Local RSS feed server is almost done.

To get this relative big feature implemented, the application needed some extra features as save configuration, some extra threading layers, running in tray on startup.

I started to implement a RSS feed truncation feature, which can take an existing RSS feed from the web and parse it to only return the top X items.
    This feature works now and so does the configuration feature. I only need some more testing with the local files on the RSS feed. Feed image/art is supported along with the already implemented features like media file tags. Streaming media is also supported via the local RSS Server.

Release will come soon.
  5.    #25  
    released version 0.3.0.0 with RSS server support, see the entry post (first post)
    Where can I find this app? Tried searching under "list of everything" and couldn't find it. Is it somewhere under the web or beta app feeds?
  7.    #27  
    Quote Originally Posted by jjeffcoat View Post
    Where can I find this app? Tried searching under "list of everything" and couldn't find it. Is it somewhere under the web or beta app feeds?
    it's not a webOS app, it's a windows application
    Quote Originally Posted by runebune View Post
    it's not a webOS app, it's a windows application
    ah..... Out of town right now, will try to check into it when I get back home & can get to my own computer. Have my laptop with me but can't get mytether to work.

My desktop has XP and my laptop has Windows 7. Which is better for your media file importer?
  9.    #29  
    Quote Originally Posted by jjeffcoat View Post
    ah..... Out of town right now, will try to check into it when I get back home & can get to my own computer. Have my laptop with me but can't get mytether to work.

My desktop has XP and my laptop has Windows 7. Which is better for your media file importer?
    it should work either way, but I have tested most on windows 7.
  10.    #30  
    drPodder Media Importer 0.3.1.0 released

Change log:

0.3.1.0 (Beta)
    -Fix database with Not existing album art on device
    -Detect album art files on restore and clear in db if not existing (eg. restore on full erased USB partition)
    -Clear downloaded flag if media files (episodes) are missing on device
    -Clear downloaded and new flag if media files (episodes) are missing on device. Can be used if the restore (from eg. wobOS Internals Save/Restore
    -Downloading files flaged as downloaded but does not exist on device if drPodder is capable of deleting (does not work if the download tickets in downloadhistory.db in webOS are erased eg. data erease, firmware flash I think).
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12