Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Some of you may be aware of the 1.3.5.1 Overclock Kernels which were in closed Alpha Testing.

These have now been released by the developers! (Caj2008 & Unixpsycho).

Due to some differentiation between the released source and the actual source of the 1.4.0 Kernel the release will be slightly delayed.

However, in the meantime, if you're feeling curious, feast your eyes on a Prototype Modded Kernel running on 1.4.0 in the video link give in the thread below.

Overclock Kernel information. Please give thanks to the devs here

Video Link of the Palm Pre on 800Mhz Running 1.4.0 in thread here

Please redirect discussion to the thread above where appropriate. Leave thanks where its due, and stay tuned!

EDIT: Apologies for the low quality, video still processing, will improve!
    First Evar 1.4.0 Screenshot's Leaked By Your's Truly
    i cant watch it right now have to wait till i get home
    awww I can only view from pre..and it's not an option yet...ill look forward to this
    o great I watched da utube..niiiiiiiice!!!!! Great works here!!!
    Cant wait till this is finished being developed.
  6.    #6  
    Youtube takes longer to Encode for mobile, sorry about the delay guys! Just tried and working on my Pre now so all should be ok
    First Evar 1.4.0 Screenshot's Leaked By Your's Truly
    Global Posts
    483 Global Posts
    Pretty sure I will try this once a 1.4.1 (or whatever they number it) updates its and this thing shows up in Preware sometime after that.
    I'm more interested in these overclocks than I was for the 1.4 release...can't wait till they hit preware!
    *drool* We got front page status boys!!!! I'm waiting with anticipation to have this running on my phone. Are the alpha testers from 1.3.5.1 going to be receiving this to test eventually Caj? But anyways, AMAZING speed on 1.4. It's nice.
    Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    WOW this looks incredible.
    does this patch improve boot time?
    This is amazing!
    Are bad people born that way? Or did something go terribly wrong?
    I really appreciate the work that all the devs do but I wish they would stop with the restrictive betas. We are all adults here - explain the risks frankly and let the users decide if those risks are worth it. You'll get more eyes out for bugs and the forums can handle the added support load.
    proof that palm needs to use snapdragon or better in their next handset.
    Quote Originally Posted by zelet View Post
    I really appreciate the work that all the devs do but I wish they would stop with the restrictive betas. We are all adults here - explain the risks frankly and let the users decide if those risks are worth it. You'll get more eyes out for bugs and the forums can handle the added support load.
    No, we're not all adults here. I am, but there are younger users and people who quite frankly can't handle reading all the IMPORTANT information. Releasing it without beta testing is the worst possible thing that could be done, especially something like a Kernal Mod. Without getting too upset or angry sounding it's just unintelligent to release something like this without the proper testing. I for one commend the devs (unixpsycho and Caj2008 specifically) for doing the release how they are, they're taking there own unpaid time to make sure we don't end up with a bunch of Pre paperweights.
    Quote Originally Posted by xome1983 View Post
    No, we're not all adults here. I am, but there are younger users and people who quite frankly can't handle reading all the IMPORTANT information. Releasing it without beta testing is the worst possible thing that could be done, especially something like a Kernal Mod. Without getting too upset or angry sounding it's just unintelligent to release something like this without the proper testing. I for one commend the devs (unixpsycho and Caj2008 specifically) for doing the release how they are, they're taking there own unpaid time to make sure we don't end up with a bunch of Pre paperweights.
    I understand your point - and there was subtlety in mine that you missed - I said "restrictive" beta. Meaning, I understand the testing and a closed alpha but once the patch proves to be mostly safe if the instructions are followed then user beware. We'll just have to agree to disagree I'm sure.
    Quote Originally Posted by caj2008 View Post
    Ask RWhitby if you guys are responsible. He has experience that you are not! I am following strict safety guidelines out of respect for WebOSInternals and the community at large. We have opened testing with safe software with incredibly ***** proof instructions if read, what more do you want?
    I don't understand why you are getting touchy. I was just expressing an opinion, yours is different. Okay, I got that. And testing isn't opened as far as I can tell. Open testing means it's available to anybody that wants to test. Maybe I'm wrong but it seems like closed testing to me. Lastly, I made it very clear that I appreciate everything that you guys are doing. It's great for the phone and the community. Thanks.
    Global Posts
    273 Global Posts
    I definitely would never speak for "the people". I can barely vouch for myself.. let alone everybody else.

lol...
    Quote Originally Posted by Mhunterjr View Post
    does this patch improve boot time?
    yes this patch does improve boot time, by quite a bit. There is a thread out there that has a lot of our data posted for review, boot time was included in our testing. Without looking i think i saw a 40 second improvement from 500mhz to 800 mhz
    Most people would love to have this mod RIGHT NOW but you are completely correct in not allowing the masses to potentially implode their phones... hehe.

Thanks again for all the good work fellas.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast