1.    #1  
    I use opera on my desktop for years now and I was wondering if there is any
    official word on if and when we can expect opera for webos? I want it if nothing else for the scroll bar, and if it is as fast as they say, cool.
    Always surprises me when people ask about Opera. I don't have any first hand experience, but I've always thought the webOS browser was terrific. And almost every review I've seen has it highly rated, either equal to or just behind the iPhone browser (which is always rated the best). Oh well ... to each their own.

The new Mini 5 version has been in the news for other smart phones (Android and Blackberry), but I haven't seen anything for webOS. I suspect the strength of the built-in browser and the relatively small audience for webOS would make it a lower priority. But the release of the PDK beta would seem to make it more feasible.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by davis.rob View Post
    Always surprises me when people ask about Opera. I don't have any first hand experience, but I've always thought the webOS browser was terrific. And almost every review I've seen has it highly rated, either equal to or just behind the iPhone browser (which is always rated the best). Oh well ... to each their own.

The new Mini 5 version has been in the news for other smart phones (Android and Blackberry), but I haven't seen anything for webOS. I suspect the strength of the built-in browser and the relatively small audience for webOS would make it a lower priority. But the release of the PDK beta would seem to make it more feasible.
    Fully functional interactive demo here Opera Mini | The most popular mobile phone browser in the world

You can test it side by side with the pre browser (turn off wifi on pre) on your pc with keyboard and mouse. According to engadget it is five times as fast as iphone browser. Maybe, but choice would be nice
    Quote Originally Posted by laingman View Post
    Fully functional interactive demo here Opera Mini | The most popular mobile phone browser in the world

You can test it side by side with the pre browser (turn off wifi on pre) on your pc with keyboard and mouse. According to engadget it is five times as fast as iphone browser. Maybe, but choice would be nice
    It's faster because Opera Mini uses server side compression, which is a fundamental difference. I've used Opera mini, and always reverted back to Opera mobile, I personally don't like it. Opera Mobile OTOH, is more comparable to the Pre's browser, but in my experience, the Pre's is significantly better.