1.    #1  
    I am really surprised that there was no coverage of the actual GDC Palm session. Lots of talk about it going to happen but I can't find anyone that went and posted a summary. Was it that boring?

Did I miss it? Can anyone point me to a place where I can read more about what actually happened in the session?
    Palm 1000 > Palm Pro > Palm III > Palm IIIe X 3 > Palm IIIc > Palm TT > HTC Wizard > HTC Blue Angel > Palm TX > Zier 31 > Palm T3 > Palm Pre > FrankenPre 2 > TouchPad/Droid/Ubuntu > TP/ICS
    I know...lol nothing like ces..we had coverage summaries live
    It was kind of a technical presentation-- they just showed off the PDK (programming apps) I think, so nothing that would be interesting to the general public.
    Sprint Palm Pre - WebOS 2.1 > Sprint HTC Arrive
    Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
    I was just wondering the exact same thing. I thought they were going to show porting of games.
  5.    #5  
    I was hoping to hear more about the technical capabilities of the PDK APIs. Are they the same as Mojo or do they have more restrictions or more access to hardware? Can they get to the mic, etc.?
    Palm 1000 > Palm Pro > Palm III > Palm IIIe X 3 > Palm IIIc > Palm TT > HTC Wizard > HTC Blue Angel > Palm TX > Zier 31 > Palm T3 > Palm Pre > FrankenPre 2 > TouchPad/Droid/Ubuntu > TP/ICS
    Global Posts
    442 Global Posts
    Yeah, I don't think they had a big keynote presentation. I believe GDC is more of a technical oriented conference, unlike CES which is all flashy and high publicity.

I saw engadget and gizmodo do posts about the PDK entering public beta. Also, I believe it was announced that Mojo and C/C++ code could by integrated together into one scene. Which wasn't available before, even for EA, Gameloft, etc. So we will perhaps be seeing some more powerful C/C++ apps that still have the WebOS look/feel.
    Quote Originally Posted by japomani View Post
    I was hoping to hear more about the technical capabilities of the PDK APIs. Are they the same as Mojo or do they have more restrictions or more access to hardware? Can they get to the mic, etc.?
    No mic, but you get quite a bit of access. Apps are created in C, C++, not the same as Javascript that Mojo uses.
    Sprint Palm Pre - WebOS 2.1 > Sprint HTC Arrive
  8.    #8  
    So can we expect more than just games ported? I would really like to see a high powered PIM. Or is the PDK specialized for just games?