1.    #1  
    Here we go again with the rumors, and I know there are already a bunch of threads out there about the next update, but it looks like it is Palm once again saying that there will be an update "in the next few weeks". Check out this posting https://developer.palm.com/distribut...p=23218#p23218 from the Palm Developer Center.

I originally saw this from a twitter post from @unwiredben (Palm's own Ben Combee) where he said: "Palm's Grey Norton gives a better explanation of background app change in webOS 1.4 & our future plans. Forums webOS • View topic - (1.4) GPS getCurrentPosition timing out and app dies ", but more importantly, the first bullet in the posting said the following:

OK - I have some information to share. I'll start with the nuts and bolts of what we're planning to change in the next update, then delve into a deeper discussion.

* In a webOS update to be released within the next few weeks, we'll increase the amount of time an app with no active stages has to perform background operations, from 15 seconds to 60. This should allow most apps to return to their pre-1.4 behavior.
    * When an app performs a background operation that may take longer than 60 seconds, it will need to open a dashboard stage to avoid being shut down. By opening a dashboard stage but not issuing a banner notification, this can be made minimally obtrusive. No sound or vibration will occur and the display won't turn on. The only visible effect will be the appearance of an app-specific notification icon in the "negative space" at the bottom of the screen. If the user taps the icon, your dashboard panel can explain the nature of the operation you're performing (and advise users not to dismiss the panel while the operation is in progress). Once the operation is complete, you should close your stage and the notification icon will disappear.

so, let the guessing game start!
    I doubt it'll be 1.5. It sounds like it'd be bug fixes mostly, so maybe 1.4.1 or 1.4.5, but 1.5 seems highly unlikely.
    true that
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    bug fixes.
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    NOOOOO! quick close this thread before the 1.4.1/1.5 anticipation threads start
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by 063_xobx View Post
    NOOOOO! quick close this thread before the 1.4.1/1.5 anticipation threads start
    I know...i hate all those threads, which is why it KILLED me to start this one...but it seemed like it was from a reliable source!
    This makes sense. This update will also supposedly fix the battery life issues some people are having after 1.4. From a thread I posted yesterday:

I sent Palm an email on Monday about our battery problems after 1.4. Today, I received a voicemail from customer service in which the tech said Palm will be releasing an update "soon" to address the issues. I hope it's true! I didn't notice the voicemail until a couple of hours ago so I will call his callback number on Monday to see if I can squeeze more info from him.
    did you ever call them back on this?
    Should be any day now, really. I'd guess (and this is only a guess, no countdowns or anything please ) tonight after midnight is most likely, with it needing to really be out before 3/31 to replace the NFL app since Sprint no longer has that deal.
    Quote Originally Posted by graffix31 View Post
    did you ever call them back on this?
    Yes, all he could say was "this month", so I agree, any day now, hopefully tonight!