Global Posts
    170 Global Posts
    ‚€œVideo For Everybody‚€Ě Test Page

Palm WebOS 1.4 HTML5-MP4 Some glitching with scrolling. WebOS versions <1.4 show fallback text, download link plays video
    it plays so smooth inside the browser (once you can slide out the glitch)

... more html5 canvas fun

http://9elements.com/io/projects/html5/canvas/
    Last edited by flea; 03/12/2010 at 09:32 AM.
    Scrolling glitch is driving me crazy. Also, the video stays in the orientation that you loaded the page in. (if you load it horizontal and then flip to vertical, the video stays horizontal)
    Global Posts
    86 Global Posts
    It's glitchy at best but very cool hopefully they can get this working smoothly!
    very cool
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

would be nice to get a few html5 canvas games out before adobe gives us flash that will show adobe they need to get there **** together
    Super glitchy to the point of being stupid. The video insisted on loading in the landscape orientation even if the rest of the page loaded properly in portrait. There was no clear box that the video was supposed to be within, either. Scrolling up and down floated text in front of the video. It was really weird. I'll try it in my computer browser tomorrow.

While the video that I could see was very smooth, this demonstration shows it is a looong way from being attempted by any company and an even looooooonger way from becoming the standard. Flash video streaming has nothing whatsoever to worry about in the short term.
    I've used a very select few html5 sit and they seemed to render finei think the code might be ****ed on this one
    nice
    Global Posts
    170 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Kernel View Post
    Super glitchy to the point of being stupid
    this demonstration shows it is a looong way from being attempted by any company and an even looooooonger way from becoming the standard. Flash video streaming has nothing whatsoever to worry about in the short term.
    WebOS has more html5 support at the moment than it does Flash, just saying.
    worked great for me. I even chenged the orientation. I'm impressed.
    Global Posts
    60 Global Posts
    its runs so freakin smooth.. it surprised me
    Quote Originally Posted by flea View Post
    WebOS has more html5 support at the moment than it does Flash, just saying.
    Just sayin', but that's changing soon enough.
    Super glitchy to the point of being stupid. The video insisted on loading in the landscape orientation even if the rest of the page loaded properly in portrait. There was no clear box that the video was supposed to be within, either. Scrolling up and down floated text in front of the video. It was really weird. I'll try it in my computer browser tomorrow.

While the video that I could see was very smooth, this demonstration shows it is a looong way from being attempted by any company and an even looooooonger way from becoming the standard. Flash video streaming has nothing whatsoever to worry about in the short term.
    If you want an example on your PC of what full HTML5 support looks like then go to YouTube - Broadcast Yourself. and load it up with Chrome or Safari. You can use the entire youtube site without flash plugins. Its still feature limited though, but uses a lot less CPU in some cases, especially on a mac.

Once they get WebOS to properly handle video embedding and video control examples work, support will be better. Its pretty cool to see a video playing at all for something that isn't even an advertised feature yet. They have the basic underpinnings of HTML5, it just has to be fleshed out.
    Global Posts
    2,071 Global Posts
    Just sayin', but that's changing soon enough.
    lol... yeah right.
    Like we'll EVER get flash.
    Understand that streaming video via Flash vs. HTML5 on a Mac is not a fair fight. You see, Apple is lazy. Where Microsoft has done the work to allow Flash to utilize both the CPU and GPU, Apple restricts Flash to just the Mac's CPU. The Engadget article linked below didn't mention this part, but how much you wanna bet that the Mac allows HTML5 to make use of the GPU?

Again, the little video I could see was fluid, but without a proper container, the image was a mess. If HTML5 can steal Flash's double-tap full screen mode, then much of that will be solved.

http://www.engadget.com/2010/03/10/html5-vs-flash-comparison-finds-a-few-surprises-settles-few-de/
    Quote Originally Posted by Kedar View Post
    lol... yeah right.
    Like we'll EVER get flash.
    I ain't holding my breath, but it's coming.