Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    53 Global Posts
    So I've been having issues with signing into any of my Messaging accounts for a while now. I figured it was something to do with a patch or something and hadn't bothered to post about it. However, I just received a new replacement Pre today and am having the same exact issue. Has anyone had this happen to them:

- Adding any messaging account(AIM,GTalk,Yahoo) and hitting sign in leaves the phone sitting there saying sign in. It doesn't matter how long you leave it, it never actually signs in to update the account. If you go back out to the Account screen the account shows up however. If you click on the account and try to sign in after its been added instantly takes you back out to the Accounts screen

- When attempting to sign in to my messaging accounts by switching to Available or Busy, it says Signing In for about 3 seconds and then reverts back to Offline.

Any help or advice anyone can provide would be greatly appreciated.
    Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    Bump. I am having the exact same problem.
    I'm having the same problem, but thought it was related to the messaging plug-ins I installed a while ago. My IM didn't work since then, but it was also just after I installed 1.4. I don't use IM very much, so I might not have noticed the difference.

I uninstalled the plug-ins and just ran the RepairUtility which found a lot of problems in Messaging. It's still not working. Might be something different altogether then.
    < M105 - M130 - M515 - T|T3 - Clié UX50 - T|x - Pré - Pré 2 - TouchPad 16GB>
    [url]
    same here ....i have try'd everything to get it to work but nothing.....even after a complete wipe still nothing.....plzzzzzzzz help somebody
    Since it was a rainy sunday here, I decided to doctor my phone for the first time. Did a complete erase, the doctored, all went smmoth. Now messaging is working fine again.
    Facebook chat patch is working great as well, but I'll steer clear of the other messaging patches for now. I also noticed some other things on my phone have improved. Seems it was time for a little clean up! Probably been installing/uninstalling too many patches and apps the last couple of months.
    < M105 - M130 - M515 - T|T3 - Clié UX50 - T|x - Pré - Pré 2 - TouchPad 16GB>
    [url]
    Global Posts
    53 Global Posts
    I'll have to try the webOS repair utility tonight - I'm not very optimistic about it though. Since I've had this issue I've done webOS doctor, gotten a replacement pre due to other issues I had with the phone and done a full erase on the replacement pre twice. None of these has resolved the issue and I'm starting to wonder if my Palm account has some sort of problem that may be causing it.

Searching through google I found someone else posting who had the issues on some other forums that said turning off and deleting their backup file worked. It didn't work for me but for those of you still having the issue you can try that as well.
    Global Posts
    53 Global Posts
    No luck with WebOS repair utility; it fixed a version file and thats it.
    sprint sent me a new pre because of all the failures of the original one (including messaging app not working unless i put the homebrew patch on it) - It came out of box, I activated it, updated to 1.4 and my yahoo/gtalk do the same thing still - nothing! so so frustrating!
    smiles for your day ~ pixielee
    In a love/hate relationship w/my PalmPre(s) 6/6/09 3/22/10 4/12/10 and 5/5/10 (ops yes I lost one!)

Its Life - Live it, Love it, PLAY in it
    try logging on with EVDO, and not wifi..
    Global Posts
    53 Global Posts
    I don't use wifi on my Pre really.
    I have had the same problem on my pre since I first got it back in September. What I've found is that the phone is trying to enter the password for my Palm profile, instead of the password for my IM account. When I sign in, if I go to accounts, and choose the offending acount, (Yahoo!) and enter the proper password for that account, then it signs me on, and I'm ok, till the next time, I try to sign in again. I think that it should store the new password when I log in, but it seems to want to revert back to the profile PW every time the ap starts...
    same... mine is telling me unable to log in and i know my username and password by heart

thank you mytether
    I am having the same issue. Had to get my palm pre replaced due to it shutting off if i moved it (something shorting inside i suppose) and the new phone is doing the same thing with messaging as the old one was. The op's description may as well be about my phone.

This also seems like the same problem, and I posted there as well to see if they can do something for me.

forums.palm.com/t5/webOS-Software/Pre-WebOS-IM-messaging-not-working/m-p/296020#M17077
    Last edited by Godsbane; 03/27/2010 at 02:27 AM. Reason: added other forum link
    Global Posts
    20 Global Posts
    Currently I can only sign into Gtalk...everything else keeps me logged out. On basic EVDO and not wifi... Buyers remorse is setting in fast...
    Did anyone ever figure out a solution for this?
    Global Posts
    53 Global Posts
    My solution was to give up on the Pre and get a different phone, last straw with a number of different issues I've had.
    Quote Originally Posted by pixielee View Post
    sprint sent me a new pre because of all the failures of the original one (including messaging app not working unless i put the homebrew patch on it) - It came out of box, I activated it, updated to 1.4 and my yahoo/gtalk do the same thing still - nothing! so so frustrating!
    This is my problem for today. I finally got my replacement phone from sprint because of this issue and while I was at the store, I tried logging into Yahoo, and nope, that didn't work either.
    I worked with palm tech support on this and they said I had a bad phone. It was the only thing wrong with it and I don't im a ton so I decided to just bite the bullet and keep this one. I've done 2 full erases, 2 doctors and tried the messaging plugin and still no luck
    i'm on my 3rd Palm Pre (refurbished)...this is the only problem i'm having with this one, i may just bite the bullet as well, it's been too frustrating going through 2 replacements, dealing with tech support each time and then having to wait several days for my replacement to come in
    After multiple attempts, my conclusion (based on what I've seen thus far) is that there's something stuck on the account profile that is backed up to Palm and it's preventing the successful login of instant messaging. So in the end, I am now using a new profile I created after doing a hard reset since it successfully can log into instant messaging. Still though, I wish I knew exactly what was causing this problem. Here's a breakdown of what I've done, hopefully it helps others with the same problem or maybe they can see something that I may have missed:

performed the following:
    1. hard reset
    2. boot up
    3. created new profile
    4. boot up
    5. hard reset
    6. logged into original profile
    7. attempted to log into messaging
    result: problem still exists (signing in forever)

then tried the following:
    1. hard reset
    2. boot up
    3. logged into new profile
    4. was able to successfully log into messaging

so i then logged back into the original profile and tried the following:
    1. deleted all of the old profile accounts - contacts, calendar, email and facebook
    2. performed the full backup
    3. hard reset
    4. boot up
    5. logged into original profile (all profile contacts, email, calendar and facebook are now gone so it's as if it's a new profile)
    6. attempted to log into messaging

so i then did a full webOSdoctor wipe:
    1. logged into original profile
    2. attempted to log into messaging

so i then did another hard reset:
    1. logged into the new profile i created
    2. will use this from now on (unfortunately) since i'm able to log into instant messaging with it
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast