Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    I searched the threads already and found several posts confirming my issue:

my alarms, despite being set to the correct time, are not going off consistently (the ones that are marked daily). i've tried deleting and re-adding and that helps for a little bit, but the problem comes back.

i had the pre a month ago for a few weeks, and returned it due to build issues. i am trying it again because i really like the phone. i don't recall having this problem with my previous phones, so i'm not sure if exchanging the phone itself would help? (and am afraid to exchange the phone because this is the only problem i've had so far!)

is there a way to repair it through webos? I already reset/cleared the device once, and that did not help. i am on web os 1.4.

any thoughts/suggestions? is there a solution that i missed somewhere when searching the threads? i use phone alarms like its my job, and not always near an alarm clock when i need one so buying an alarm clock isn't really a solution. thanks
    umm do you have the patch called " no alert during calls " if so then that is your problem . If not I'm not sure what it is . I do know that after a doctor you have to go in and reset all ringers and alarms to get them to work properly.
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    I have this problem also. It got to the point where I have 4 different alarms setup within a 5 minute period, just to make sure that one of the alarms goes off. With all the unemployment around, I don't think it would be smart to be late for work.

I also have this problem with many of the timer apps available.
    did you doctor your phone or did this happen right after the update . Like I stated in the above post about resetting alrms and other stuff in the phone after a doctor . It may require the same thing . So try deleting your alarm and make a new one and see if it works.
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    i actually haven't doctored or patched or prewared this phone at all, it is stock.

i'm not sure if it happened before or after the 1.4 update, because i only had the phone for 2 or 3 days before the update came out. i don't know if i used the alarms during that period or not.

faderrific: have you found any pattern to if/when which alarms go off? or is it completely random?
    Last edited by aferlynn; 03/11/2010 at 07:30 AM.
    Global Posts
    560 Global Posts
    After 1.4 I had issues with both of my alarms only being half-reliable even after running webOSDoctor and a Partial Erase. The solution for me was to change both alarm times by 1 minute. Something funky about the times they were at after being pulled down from the Palm Profile. So instead of 6:15am and 6:45am, I use 6:14am and 6:44am and all is fine.
    like I said they just should need to be reset is all or deleted and redone .
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Global Posts
    180 Global Posts
    there is already a thread at palm's bug reports forum about this. It seems powerd is responsible for this:

https://developer.palm.com/distribut...hp?f=20&t=5781
    Global Posts
    560 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    like I said they just should need to be reset is all or deleted and redone .
    Nope. At least for me, deleting and re-adding them didn't work (with or without a reboot in between). Renaming them didn't work. Changing the time slightly did. I haven't looked into whatever the power management issue is, but so far my alarms have been 100% since changing the times by one minute.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    umm do you have the patch called " no alert during calls " if so then that is your problem . If not I'm not sure what it is . I do know that after a doctor you have to go in and reset all ringers and alarms to get them to work properly.
    my phone is completly stock as well. The problem qas well after the latest update. Seems like the alarm decides to go off when it likes to.
    Global Posts
    180 Global Posts
    read my post. the powermanagement doesn't allow the device to wake up in time, thats the issue. you need a very low level fix.
    Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    yea, deleting the alarms and remaking them did not work for me either, as i stated in my first post.

dr suse, how did you change the alarms by 1 minute when they only change in increments of 5? is that a patch? maybe i'll try your idea of adjusting the times slightly..
    The issue I have with Alarms, is that they get corrupted overtime. I have not opinpointed the exact steps to reproduce it though.

Let say I set up an alarm to Ring Once at 7:00 and name it "Wake Up". At some point in time (after rebooting the device I think), then the alarm revert to "Alarm" at 00:00 Daily.

If multiple alarms are setup, then the first one is getting messed, but sometime, the others are also messed up.

Anybody else with that weird behavior?
  14. xtn
    Global Posts
    711 Global Posts
    My single alarm, which was and has been since last July, a 6AM/Weekdays alarm, worked about half the time since 1.4 update.

I tried the tip to delete all alarms, reboot the phone completely, and only then add them back. I did this for my one alarm.

So far I've got three days straight of it working correctly. Not enough to tell for sure though, as I did have instances of 3 days straight prior to implementing the tip. I'll report back if/when it's gone a week without failing.

xtn