Global Posts
    79 Global Posts
    is there a problem with my phone or profile, or is the search function on the app catalog seriously bugged? I searched for Facebook and I got 44 apps. And about 3 were facebook related. The search for Need for Speed yeilded 129 results, with the actual game buried somewhere in the middle. The search NFSU yielded 0 results. This could, IMO, be off putting to many people who will assume the application simply does not exist.
    Funny you should post this, I just had a similar experience. Seems to be completely random.
    Yeah, the app catalog search function is a joke. Well, not even a joke because it's not funny. I guess "useless" is a more accurate term.
    the search in the app catalog is not broken , it just works too well... for some reason palm decided to change the way it worked it used to be, (1.0-1.2.1) it searched titles and developer names.... now (since 1.3.1-1.4) it searches descriptions , and titles.

i hate this, because even when i know the exact name of the app i still have to search... i need a search for the search
    It does kinda suck, which is funny considering that the phone's search function is pretty damned good.

I would like it to be like the Preware search.
    It should at least put the apps that match the title up top. Definitely needs some work.
    Quote Originally Posted by nyquistJack View Post
    It should at least put the apps that match the title up top. Definitely needs some work.
    +1

i always thought it was just me cuz i never saw anyone mention the app catalog's search function issues lol
    THE CHAMP IS HERE!!
    is there anyway we can contact Palm and get this taken care of? An update just to fix this would be amazing