1.    #1  
    I deleted this file directory:
    usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/app/controllers/chatview-assistant.jsjsjs

And now my messaging doesnt work, how do I add this back into the directory?
    Global Posts
    72 Global Posts
    Why did you delete in the first place?
  3.    #3  
    I had a stuck patch and I thought I had the right file
    Which carrier do you have? I can send you that file through PM if you'd like...
    Here is a copy of the file. Replace it in the folder using a similar method to the one you used to delete it. If you need help transferring the file let me know.
  6.    #6  
    ok I will try it thanks, I have Sprint as my carrier
  7.    #7  
    How do I do this?
    1) Put your Pre into developer mode. To do this, press the Center button to go into card view. Now type the following precisely like this: upupdowndownleftrightleftrightbastart - you actually have to type that out, letter for letter. Now a 'secret' app will reveal itself called 'Developer Mode Enabler' - just click it and turn it on. It'll ask you to reboot your device - do so.

2) Download WebOS Quick Install 3.02

3) Install the latest version of Java

4) Connect your device to your computer using the USB cable and select "Just Charge"

5) Run WebOS Quick Install - it will prompt you to download WebOS Doctor, which will take some time.

6) When WebOS Quick Install is ready and open, click File -> Options and select 'Attempt Novacom (re)Installation'

7) Now click Tools -> Send File

8) Browse for the file I linked you to in the above post.

9) Copy and paste the following into the Destination Folder text box: /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/app/controllers/

10) Press Send To Device
  9.    #9  
    You are the best!! Worked perfect, thank you very much, I appreciate it! Saved me from doing the webos doctor.
    Glad I could help
    Quote Originally Posted by rpd189 View Post
    You are the best!! Worked perfect, thank you very much, I appreciate it! Saved me from doing the webos doctor.
    If you appreciate it so much the least you could do is hit the thanks button when somebody goes to the trouble of typing a very concise instruction tutorial as is the case here!
    Please hit the thanks button if I helped you

If you've enjoyed my patches please feel free to donate towards further development.

Follow the link below.