1.    #1  
    Somebody Help!!

I'm not sure if this is happening to everyone else or if it's just me. But I stupidly did the Emergency Patch Recovery before I updated my phone. I had no idea that you could leave the patches this time. Anyways, after that was all done, I got back on my computer and download Preware and Package Manager Service onto my phone; restarted it. And now when I open Preware, this is what it says:

"The Package Manager Service is not running. Did you reember to install it? If you did, first try restarting Preware, then try rebooting your phone and not launching Preware until you have a stable network connection available."

I have done every, restarted, removed the battery, I've made sure that PMS was installed, and that I had a good connection.

I've even tried to install patches through tweaks on WebOS QuickInstall, and when I try to click on any patch, it says

"ERROR: Unable process patch to /usr/llb/luna/system/luna-application/app/controllers/launcher-assistant.jsjsjs

difflib.PatchFailedException: Incorrect Chunk: the chunk content doesn't mat the target:"

And then my phone shuts down.

OH AND YES I HAVE DOCTORED THE PHONE SEVERAL TIMES. AND I DO HAVE THE NEW VERSION.
    Whats the deal?
    Last edited by Gemmy2005; 03/08/2010 at 04:56 PM.
    Have you tried running WebOsDoctor 1.4, reinstalling Package Manager Service, then Preware? That technique has worked for me on a number of Pres.
    Global Posts
    488 Global Posts
    Ok try this....what I did after the update....I went online to getpreware.org. downloaded to desk top. erased preware from my phone. open devel mode and downloaded from my pc the phone. You will see both preware and the package service manager on your phone. On first run the preware updated itself to the current version...and mines running fine
    preware works for me... But all of a sudden everything I have installed via preware (patches, theme, apps) don't show up in prewares list of "installed". It's like I never installed anything. I dunno what the heck went wrong, but ima have to take an unexpected trip to the doctor now
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by vel7wil View Post
    Ok try this....what I did after the update....I went online to getpreware.org. downloaded to desk top. erased preware from my phone. open devel mode and downloaded from my pc the phone. You will see both preware and the package service manager on your phone. On first run the preware updated itself to the current version...and mines running fine

Yes I've even tried that and I'm still getting the same exact messages.
  6.    #6  
    Ok, I just got my phone replaced by Sprint for some other reasons. So now I have a brand new phone (not refurb) and it's still running on the previous OS. I downloaded Preware and PMS onto it.

SAME DANG PROBLEM!!!!!!