1.    #1  
    If in fact palm does create a WiMax phone for sprint, would we have to pay a lot for 4g, what if our area doesn't have 4g, or what if they require it for a 4g phone? What's your thoughts on it?
    Global Posts
    751 Global Posts
    Well, so far the mobile broadband plans are the same price for both the 3G only and the 3G/4G devices. Plus you get unlimited 4G data instead of being limited to 5GB on 3G.
    Sprint wants to encourage as many users as they can to switch to 4G as asoon as it is available to open up bandwidth on the 3G network, increasing the user experience for all data customers. I don't think we will see a charge for 4G until the other carriers have 4G and it is an industry standard to charge more, but I will remind you that when the 3G networks were launched the fluctuation in pricing was due to the industry standard of price more than the upgrade of the data network. So if we do see a change I imagine it will relate more to what the competition is charging and less to the data speed of the network.
    hopefully once 4g is widespread it will drop in price due to the fact that 4g will be able to support more customers with it's stronger network
    I just got 4G thru Sprint today and OMG it's fast! I am loving this. I live in Boise so I feel for everyone that doesn't have this available yet. It's $40 less than I was spending for DSL thru Qwest (when you count land line) and that includes a free Samsung Ace running WinMo that they ported my landline number over to. WOOHOO!! Tip for anyone who gets the Sprint Overdrive (fits in my pocket, lol!) put it close to a window for best reception. I'm going to experiment with a few different ideas for location...I love how mobile this baby is. Holds a charge for 10 hours so lots of possibilities.
    If "If's" and "But's" were candy and nuts we'd all have a Merry Christmas!

well actually look at sprints pricing now its the same. Usually things tend to get cheaper not more expensive with everything that is, in the technology field. For example the palm pre plus was the same price as the palm pre, if not cheaper when the pre first came out.

The same thing with 4G, plans will most likley stay the same price and eventually go down in price. For example when t-mobile started rolling out 3g their plans stayed the same. 4G is just another perk, so more people will go with sprint, not something for them to charge more for. Especially Sprint they cant afford to lose more customers by raising prices.

so in conclusion most likey expect the same prices.
    Quote Originally Posted by crimsonarmor View Post
    If in fact palm does create a WiMax phone for sprint, would we have to pay a lot for 4g, what if our area doesn't have 4g, or what if they require it for a 4g phone? What's your thoughts on it?
    I would imagine it woudn't cost anything extra; as long as you have a Simply-Everything plan. The WiMax network is better able to handle a lot of data usage; so that would actually help Sprint in freeing up their CDMA/EV-DO Networks.