1.    #1  
    Hello forum,

there must be a lot of people trying their new video recording feature, so I though to ask you what kind of rating you're giving it.

I think for phone camera, the quality and frame rate is amazing. Few things that bug me though, videos are time lmited (about 2 minutes) and way too heavy, on average 170 mb per shot.

I think we'll see alternative video apps from homebrew community allowing wider range of options.

what you think?
    Global Posts
    109 Global Posts
    "Videos time limted"? I've just done about three 30 min videos. Took me down about 1Gig though. Next Pre needs more memory or use of a memory card.
    Global Posts
    631 Global Posts
    slow, can't really multitask while video is recording, unless you want pixelated videos. And oh yea, videos disappear at random. I am really upset with the 1.4 update, brought a lot of glitches, which imo is unacceptable. Updates should make the OS better, not less reliable.
    why would you need to multitask while videoing?
    Global Posts
    334 Global Posts
    Yes we should expect more from each update, especially realiabilty.
    Last edited by 27scoob; 03/07/2010 at 09:14 AM. Reason: .
    I knew this would happen. People ***** about getting 1.4 out too slowly, then they ***** that it is too buggy.
    Global Posts
    236 Global Posts
    I do agree and the new camera app does have bugs with the video. but it will be fixed in time. I like it and don't have a problem with it. as for a rating ill give it a 7/10
    Je fais ce que je veux avec mes cheveux!!! Sprint: Pre+ 2.1
    Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    I am amazed at the quality of both the video and sound. Is the time limit really 2 minutes?
    Quality is good and the audio is fantastic considering it's a phone.

I do find that the editing doesn't always work quite right and I can't seem to send 30 second videos via MMS to folks not on Sprint.
    Sprint|Samsung Epic
    To add, I'm pretty satisfied with the update. Palm needs to code the app so the video camera launches faster than it does now.

Also, I did a 2 minute video last week that I uploaded to youtube (through my computer because it took too long to do it directly even over wifi) and I noticed that as the video went on, especially in the last 30 seconds, that the sound was misaligned with the video. Anybody else have that problem?
    Global Posts
    20 Global Posts
    I would love to see a seperate icon for the video app. Its a minor thing, but having to launch the camera, wait for it to load and then switch over to video is a little annoying. You never now when you'll need to start recording quickly. Like a hike in the woods when bigfoot suddenly appears and you missed the chance to film him because webOS was too slow getting to the video app.