1.    #1  
    so how do I disable the browser from loading the mobile sites - I only want the real sites and I cant figure this out

3 sites

hack-a-day - this has an option on the bottom of the page to turn off the mobile site, but it isnt permanent

wikipedia - this also has the option for turning off the mobile site but again its not permanent

homedepot.com - there is no way to turn off the mobile site and as far as I can tell no way to see the normal page
    Quote Originally Posted by leftkidney View Post
    so how do I disable the browser from loading the mobile sites - I only want the real sites and I cant figure this out

3 sites

hack-a-day - this has an option on the bottom of the page to turn off the mobile site, but it isnt permanent

wikipedia - this also has the option for turning off the mobile site but again its not permanent

homedepot.com - there is no way to turn off the mobile site and as far as I can tell no way to see the normal page
    if you loaded the iphone spoof patch just uninstall it! if not then theres nothing you can do !
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
  3.    #3  
    I have not loaded anything iPhone at all

but there has to be a way to change the thingie that reports what type of browser you are using so it loads the normal page
    if you want to dig into the phone you can lol . but alot of those sites have a button to go to the full site and you can just save that page in your bookmarks if you like !
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
  5.    #5  
    yea I save them on the bookmarks as a normal site but after a day or so it loads the mobile site

and not all sites have the option to turn this off - try homedepot.com there is no way to turn it off that I have found
    maybe find out who made the iphone patch and ask them to help you
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
  7.    #7  
    why would the iphone patch have anything to do with this?
    because they (iphone spoof guy)know how to change what the servers read when your phone accesses the web sites and thats whats happening . the server read the signature of your phone which tells it that your on a phone and not a regular computer
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Global Posts
    631 Global Posts
    I agree with OP. Google Voice is another site. When I need to change settings, I cant because the Pre's browser keeps directing me to the mobile version with limited settings.
    I just save regular sites in browser,,does not change to mobile sites in a few days,,dont know why yours does that.
    I hate this also. I finally sorta figured out how to get to cbssports.com the full version, had to add /index to the address, but anytime i click to go back to the main page, it sends me to the useless mobile site. Not sure why palm just didnt have an option for this
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by zmann View Post
    I just save regular sites in browser,,does not change to mobile sites in a few days,,dont know why yours does that.
    well it changes on my phone so you are mistaken or have done something to stop this

someone please figure this out, I cant stand it at all
  13.    #13  
    last nite I called palm and talked to someone who knew what I was talking about but told me that there was no way to stop this from happening - then again they are mostly stupid as it is so maybe he was just saying that to get me off the phone
    Global Posts
    751 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by leftkidney View Post
    last nite I called palm and talked to someone who knew what I was talking about but told me that there was no way to stop this from happening - then again they are mostly stupid as it is so maybe he was just saying that to get me off the phone
    No, he wasn't just saying that to get you off the phone. As far as Palm is concerned, there isn't any way to stop it from happening. The only way to stop it is by spoofing your user agent, which involves hacking. Palm is NOT going to tell you to hack your Pre.

Many websites read your user agent and if they see you are using a phone they will redirect you to their mobile site. Many also redirect you to an iPhone specific site if they see an iPhone user agent. Some sites won't even allow you to access them if they see anything other than an iPhone user agent. This is where the iPhone spoof comes in handy because it makes the site think you are using an iPhone.

If you want these sites to stop redirecting you, then you would need to spoof your user agent so that sites will think you are using a computer with a browser like Internet Explorer or Firefox.

If you use Firefox, you can see how sites react to different user agents if you install this add-on:

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/59
  15.    #15  
    yea this is f-ing stupid, there is no reason why this couldnt be something that is an option in the browser - after all they let you go to normal web sites just fine - my last phone didnt have a normal browser or even a good mobile one, so web sites looked like text only no matter what - but now that I have a phone that can do this I keep getting redirected to a mobile site because of some stupid a-hole that programed this stuff

and people always wonder why someone would hack something that they own, this is why - because it dont f-ing work as its sosposta and the makers and service providers are unwilling to do anything about it
  16.    #16  
    any luck on this one yet
    I would really like it if someone could create a patch which allows custom user-agent definitions so you could just set it to Firefox or chrome to get full-on pages all the time if you so desired.
    Quote Originally Posted by alex.dobeck View Post
    I would really like it if someone could create a patch which allows custom user-agent definitions so you could just set it to Firefox or chrome to get full-on pages all the time if you so desired.
    Requesting it the patch forum would be your best bet.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    if you want to dig into the phone you can lol . but alot of those sites have a button to go to the full site and you can just save that page in your bookmarks if you like !
    Not all sites have an easy link to access the full HTML site. What's really annoying about this problem, is even though I am signed into the full site; when I open a link for that site in Google or some other site; it loads the mobile version instead. So I have to keep changing the site format and redoing the sign-in. I would rather just use HTML all of the time. Carriers have vendors often times make their phones use the mobile sites instead, because they use less data. But Palm shouldn't need to do this, and not on Sprint's network.
    Last edited by the2ndflood; 03/16/2010 at 09:59 PM.