1.    #1  
    O2UK have done a dreadful job with the Pre. Now if SFR (part of the Vodafone Group) do a good job with it they should try and find a way of dumping o2uk and using VodafoneUK.

No adverts for it, o2uk havent even made an o2 app for it yet........not everyone is an iPhone user! I wanted to buy a touchstone charger and they had none in stock and wouldn't even order one in, sell no cases for it and don't even have it out on display!

The pre is one of the best phones i have used and o2uk have made a right Royal **** up with it.
    Where do you live? I bought mine in Milton keynes. I also bought two different cases for it and a pack of screen protectors. Granted, they didn't have any batteries but it is still new over here and the iphone does have a huge market. I bought mine because I've always used palm devices, most people are just buying a new phone not an organiser so they tend to buy what all their mates have. To O2, it's just another phone and gets no more room on their shelves than any other phone. It's catch 22 that it wont get full support until it gets as popular as the iphone. That's why we have the internet, I guess.
    It's not just another phone though. it's THE iPhone alternative. And much better than the iPhone in so many ways.

I've seen approximately 4 Palm/O2 ads since Launch, and if theyre supposed to be targeting the young-ish demographic, than theyre not going a very good job of it.

Though i bought mine on launch day, so naturally had a plentiful supply of accessories, but granted, marketing is terrible.

Judging from his username, id hazard bournemouth
    I agree. However, all my friends have either iphones or Blackberry's. When I tell people I have a Palm the general reply is "A what?"
    As for O2, that's a crucial factor for me. O2 have a deal with the company that I work for that allows me to dial directly into the company exchange with a four digit prefix and then the extension number rather than the full std number. Really handy!
    As I said though, it's catch 22, O2 wont push it until it becomes worth pushing. Mobile phones come in and out of fashion so quickly that they don't want to be caught with huge stocks of stuff they can't sell. Until it's marketed as something other than just another phone......
    Everyone i've shown my phone to think it's an iphone,
    And when i mention palm,you can tell they have no clue,
    it needs to be in public view 24/7.
    whether it's 02 or palm or even "TEAMWORK".
    something needs to happen or i fear the pre will die a death in UK.
    Pre|central Peacekeepers
    O2 have been lazy with the Pre but they're still the best carrier in the UK. I went with Vodafone once, I never will again.
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by RickyFriend View Post
    Where do you live? I bought mine in Milton keynes. I also bought two different cases for it and a pack of screen protectors. Granted, they didn't have any batteries but it is still new over here and the iphone does have a huge market. I bought mine because I've always used palm devices, most people are just buying a new phone not an organiser so they tend to buy what all their mates have. To O2, it's just another phone and gets no more room on their shelves than any other phone. It's catch 22 that it wont get full support until it gets as popular as the iphone. That's why we have the internet, I guess.

I wouldn't say the Pre is new over here, it has been out in the UK for not far off 6 months, another 12 and my term is up and i hope Palm and the Pre will still be around within that time.

I reckon Palm are going to regret using O2 in the UK.