View Poll Results: +1 if you have had the random luna crash /restart. -1 if you haven't.

Voters
401. You may not vote on this poll
  • +1

347 86.53%

52 12.97%
  • forget this option :P

2 0.50%
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Quote Originally Posted by Audemars02 View Post
    Correct...Preware is not the cause of the issue, but rather it's a bug that Palm has identified... however, preware is one thing that can set it off. but also note that there are people with Stock Pres that have had this problem, too.. so, the best bet is really to just do a Luna Restart on your own after you use Preware and it should be good to go from there
    I am seeing this to be the truth since I just verified it myself. I've been avoiding running preware all day just to verify and things are MUCH more stable then it was but had this issue crop up again about 10 mins ago. Was surfing the net using the Palm "Facebook" app, Foursquare beta and other sites. Let my PRE goto sleep. Luna restart again. So dissapointed.
    Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    Has anyone tried a three way call with the pre? If so you probably noticed that if you want to end the call with one of the participants on the line, you have to hang up the entire call. Some say that its because of the sprint network, but more and more i am finding that not to be true. All blackberry phones have the ability to hang up on only one of the participants of the 3 way call. Why can't we do this for the pre? Is it something that can be fixed with a patch? Seriously who would design three way like that
    Quote Originally Posted by biggynbp View Post
    Has anyone tried a three way call with the pre? If so you probably noticed that if you want to end the call with one of the participants on the line, you have to hang up the entire call. Some say that its because of the sprint network, but more and more i am finding that not to be true. All blackberry phones have the ability to hang up on only one of the participants of the 3 way call. Why can't we do this for the pre? Is it something that can be fixed with a patch? Seriously who would design three way like that
    I think you've posted this in the wrong thread
    Thought I would report my findings on the luna restart issue so far. Had uninstalled Facebook App, Foursquare app and found stablity returned to my pre. One other app that was causing an issue is the wlmg uploader after a few uploads also causes luna restarts. Starting to think memory leaks as primary causes with specific appos.

Also, preware but aslong as I reboot after an instal with preware there are no issues. Hope this new update fixes this issue.
    Don't remember having a single crash/restart before 1.4. Now I have 2-4 per week or so.

Regarding what was said in prev. message - I never installed Facebook nor Foursquare.
    Global Posts
    144 Global Posts
    This is ridiculous. I thought my pre was having massive [unique] issues, but each time I google for an issue I have, surprise surprise there's tons of people with the exact same issue. Complete BS imo. This device has so much potential, but random/frequent crashing/reboots etc. make it quite annoying.

Last night I had another different issue occur - I opened my browser, and my phone completely froze. No random restart, the screen was completely ON, but it was frozen and would not respond to anything other than a battery pull. So annoying. Random reboots ftl. I think I will doctor my pre tonight and not add preware, but just add stuff through WOSQI. Looking forward to the next webos update...
    Last edited by staeit; 05/06/2010 at 12:51 PM.
    Also starting to think that some corrupt files when overclocking were causing issues. I may delete and re instal apps that were previously causing issues with my luna restart and see what happens in the future.
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345