View Poll Results: +1 if you have had the random luna crash /restart. -1 if you haven't.

Voters
401. You may not vote on this poll
  • +1

347 86.53%

52 12.97%
  • forget this option :P

2 0.50%
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    +1, i never had seen this before, since 1.4 3-6 times per day!

damn you palm!
    Global Posts
    79 Global Posts
    noticed this problem one or twice a day especially after using preware...did not use/update preware since my last restart (friday) and havent had a random reboot yet
    Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    i thought it was preware, but doctored my phone and worked great (1.35) after a few days i updated to 1.4 worked fine, then i updated an app from the sprint app store (yelp) and its been crashing since
    +1, it happens on my phone a couple times a day.
    since doctoring again this time without preware no restarts!
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by IcerC View Post
    since doctoring again this time without preware no restarts!
    This is true I doctored my phone and have gone an easy 5 days so far and no luna restarts, Whereas I would have gone maybe a half a day at most with 1 restart at least!
    I had luna reboots but it was because I was running the SR 500 patch, for some reason 1.4 and this patch conflict. I removed the patch and since then have not experienced any reboots.
    If you are having this problem, PLEASE send your log files to Palm. here is how:

Quote Originally Posted by HardBeatZ
    Below you will find instructions on creating a log file so we can see what is hopefully causing the issue.

1. Wait for the phone to reboot on its own
    2. As soon as the problem occurs launch the phone application
    3. Type ##LOGS# on the virtual dialpad
    4. Select quick log create
    5. Email log file to weboslogs2@zensap.com

Also please include in the email what the log file is for so I can match your log file to your issue.

Thank you,
    HardBeatZ
    This will help them diagnose the problem!

Adam
    Last edited by Audemars02; 03/09/2010 at 09:29 PM.
    Usually happens a few times a day.
    The ##LOGS# doesn't seem to work in the UK. Im not surprised as the GPS codes don't work here either.

Despite the bugs, on balance i'd still rather have v1.4 over 1.3.5. I'm sure Palm must have known about some of these problems when they released it. i wonder what this says about the O2 acceptance process that we suspect caused us Europeans such a wait such a long time for 1.3.5
    Global Posts
    387 Global Posts
    is this a patch related problem with 1.4 or a 1.4 specific issue?
    definitely a 1.4 issue. Rarely ever saw this in any other release. I've had this happen more times on 1.4 than all the other releases combined.

For some reason, it will not come out of sleep mode. Eventually it will restart after several tries of trying to wake the screen.
    Global Posts
    511 Global Posts
    After the update I had issues with Luna restarting but haven't had problems for about a week.

/knock on wood
    I'm a man, but I can change, if I have to, I guess.
    Device history: *free feature Phone*x3 -> LG Rumor -> Palm Pre -> HTC Arrive (3days) -> Samsung Nexus S 4G (28 days) -> Samsung Galaxy S II Sprint Epic 4G Touch -> Palm Pre -> Pre 3
    Global Posts
    260 Global Posts
    Rod mentioned a bug with Luna. Possibly the "Borked" line showing up in JsTop that shows up with any app. We'll be seeing a 1.4.1 update soon.
    Like others here, Luna crashes on me nearly every day, where it would only happen maybe every 10 days before 1.4. I even saw it on a friend's unpatched Pixi while I was trying to reapply his patches. AUPT worked, though, after the reboot.

I sure hope a 1.4.1 update is coming soon.
    Palm history: II, IIIc, Kyocera 7135, Treo 650, Centro, Pre, FrankenPre+, (legit) Pre+ & TouchPad.
    I used to get this twice a day until I did a full reset on my phone. This wasn't the reason I did it, I don't even think it would be worth the time to get rid of this problem.(about two hours for full reset and getting setup again).
    I was getting freezing and restarts on 1.3.1 (I'm on Bell), mostly due to Youtube videos grinding my Pre to a halt. The 1.3.5 update had solved the issue, then 1.4 introduced the Luna restarts. The first day of the update everything was fine, then the second day on 1.4 I had 3 or 4 Luna restarts. Now it's intermittent; fine yesterday, but I remember at least one restart the day before.

Since it's now Luna restarts and not full system restarts, I'm assuming the issue is graphics related. Thankfully a Luna restart doesn't take as long as a full boot, but I'm hoping an update is released to address the issue.
    Global Posts
    97 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lswartz33 View Post
    noticed this problem one or twice a day especially after using preware...did not use/update preware since my last restart (friday) and havent had a random reboot yet
    Quote Originally Posted by Achill3s View Post
    definitely a 1.4 issue. Rarely ever saw this in any other release. I've had this happen more times on 1.4 than all the other releases combined.

For some reason, it will not come out of sleep mode. Eventually it will restart after several tries of trying to wake the screen.
    I believe this is a Preware/1.4 issue. If I update any packages using Preware, shortly thereafter, my phone becomes unresponsive (I "drag up to unlock" but it keeps the screen there but without the yellow token) and then a short moment or two later Luna restarts.

I'd go through the Preware thread but it's so many pages long making it next to useless.
    Quote Originally Posted by estockda View Post
    I believe this is a Preware/1.4 issue. If I update any packages using Preware, shortly thereafter, my phone becomes unresponsive (I "drag up to unlock" but it keeps the screen there but without the yellow token) and then a short moment or two later Luna restarts.

I'd go through the Preware thread but it's so many pages long making it next to useless.
    Please stop blaming Preware for this. It's a Palm issue that has been reported on stock Pres that never had Preware or any homebrew installed. Could preware be making it worse? I don't know, but Preware is not the cause of the issue..it's a known Bug. Please see my posts a few posts ago about how to generate a log file to send to Palm so they could research the issue. Only by getting lots of people sending in the logs can we truly diagnose the problem!

The post I am refering to is post #28 .. here the link: http://forums.precentral.net/showthr...=1#post2294295
    +1
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast