Global Posts
    291 Global Posts
    I've searched and haven't seen any mention of whether this is possible: Is there a way to adjust the brightness scrubber precisely (i.e., move it right or left by one unit)? It would be nice if there were a keystroke to do this, but I haven't been able to find one yet.

I'm not interested in using Brightness Unlinked, though it's a fine app. I just want to be able to accurately change the number of the brightness when the mood suits me.

Rob
    Rob Robinson
    Treo 600 >> Treo 650 >> Treo 755p >> Palm Pre
    There has been recent talk of Palm changing the sensitivity of the touch-and-drag process in WebOS. There was a big thread about it somewhere - it turned out that Palm decreased the sensitivity for a reason, but I can't remember what it was or where the thread is.

At the moment when you touch the screen and drag left or right you need to travel an inch or so before the screen responds - this latency can be adjusted by Palm, and the last I heard they intended to do so. I'm afraid I can't find the original thread so I can't tell you any more than that - but this would be the best fix for your problem.
    Global Posts
    291 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SqyArc View Post
    There has been recent talk of Palm changing the sensitivity of the touch-and-drag process in WebOS. There was a big thread about it somewhere - it turned out that Palm decreased the sensitivity for a reason, but I can't remember what it was or where the thread is.

At the moment when you touch the screen and drag left or right you need to travel an inch or so before the screen responds - this latency can be adjusted by Palm, and the last I heard they intended to do so. I'm afraid I can't find the original thread so I can't tell you any more than that - but this would be the best fix for your problem.
    Thanks a bunch. I've noticed since my original post that it's easier to control the accuracy of the scrubber than I realized. I just tap and hold to get control of the scrubber ball, and then I drag my finger down the screen, away from the horizontal scrubber line. Without taking my finger off of the screen, I can then move the scrubber ball horizontally very precisely. Since my finger is no longer obscuring my view of the ball, I can be pretty accurate. This seems to work for any scrubber. Sometimes it's necessary to drag your finger up, rather than down, if the scrubber is near the bottom of the screen.

Rob
    Rob Robinson
    Treo 600 >> Treo 650 >> Treo 755p >> Palm Pre