Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    I need help. After we received the 1.4 update last week, my phone wouldn't ring. I called Sprint and they Refreshed the phone and it started ringing.

This afternoon, I checked my phone because I was expecting a call and after starting up the phone app I noticed that I missed 3 calls. Then I opened the email and text message program and I saw I missed some of them also. It never once notified my to any of them. Has anyone seen this or did I get a bad install? Suggestions for fixes would be welcomed.
    yup, me toooo
    Do you have the patch "no alerts during phone calls"? This caused a problem for me, after the call it would not turn the volume back up.
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    When did you update? Has it been that way since the update? What programs do you have installed since it stopped working? I updated Preware and Quick Contacts today. I wonder if they have issues?
    wow glad to know about that dude!!!! thanks netwrkr
    lol just looked at my phone and it was turned all the way down wow thats messed up !!! ha ha
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    Network9, No, but I have the feeling it has something to do with one of my patches.
    Yeah, it wasn't actually me that discovered it, another member posted it. I had noticed I was missing phone calls and could not figure out why and then I read a post in another thread so I tested it out on my Pre and sure enough that was the problem. I think is was in the Preware thread right after the 1.4 update where I read it. I posted this issue in the AUPT thread.
    Global Posts
    303 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by netwrkr9 View Post
    Do you have the patch "no alerts during phone calls"? This caused a problem for me, after the call it would not turn the volume back up.
    I don't have this patch, but I do have these issues. Text and phone call never ring or even have a notification. Then I go to open either text or the phone app hours later and it takes FOREVER to open. When it does (if it does not crash Luna) the notifications come through.

This has only occured since 1.4. My wife is starting to think that I am ignoring her...

Are there any other threads were this is discussed with a solution? The 1.4 issues thread is getting pretty jumbled and for some reason search is not working for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by cdjh View Post
    I don't have this patch, but I do have these issues. Text and phone call never ring or even have a notification. Then I go to open either text or the phone app hours later and it takes FOREVER to open. When it does (if it does not crash Luna) the notifications come through.

This has only occured since 1.4. My wife is starting to think that I am ignoring her...

Are there any other threads were this is discussed with a solution? The 1.4 issues thread is getting pretty jumbled and for some reason search is not working for me.
    ha ha thats funny ... well not really but..... what patches do you have? you may need to do a partial reset of your phone.
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->

This just happened to me last night when I was waiting for a call to pickup my boss from the airport. He sent me two messages and one voice mail and I didn't get any of them until I launched my message and phone apps today. I thought it was his phone since he was coming in from out of the country. But after reading this thread it's probably mine. I don't have the "no alert during call" patch but I have a lot of other patches. I'm at a loss to know how to find the problem.
    same thing happened to me. did a full reset on my phone and now it works fine
    I noticed that after a restart/battery swap that the phone would not receive txt messages or calls. If I restart and launch the message app and then close the message app txts would work fine. I tried the same with the phone app and it also worked. Now, whenever I restart I mannualy launch and then close the message and phone app.

I guess that's how palm extended battery life... Don't "auto run" basic phone functions.
    if you have the " no alert during calls " patch it is the problem. Remove it and calls work again because the patch is not working properly.
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Global Posts
    303 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lawdawgmon View Post
    I noticed that after a restart/battery swap that the phone would not receive txt messages or calls. If I restart and launch the message app and then close the message app txts would work fine. I tried the same with the phone app and it also worked. Now, whenever I restart I mannualy launch and then close the message and phone app.

I guess that's how palm extended battery life... Don't "auto run" basic phone functions.
    I never paid attention, but maybe that's it. After every restart (or Luna/Java restart) I'll try launching these apps, then closing them. See if that does anything. I just need to remember to do it even after the random Luna crashes that happen since 1.4...

Shadavis08, the only patch I have related to the phone app is hangup on slider close. It just seems too random to be patch related. If the phone/text apps were broken by patch, they should never work. Thing is, they work sometimes.

We need to know for sure when they don't work. Maybe it breaks after every restart or after using preware or while the web app is open, etc. There has to be some pattern here.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    if you have the " no alert during calls " patch it is the problem. Remove it and calls work again because the patch is not working properly.
    I've never had that patch...
    I never paid attention, but maybe that's it. After every restart (or Luna/Java restart) I'll try launching these apps, then closing them. See if that does anything. I just need to remember to do it even after the random Luna crashes that happen since 1.4...

Shadavis08, the only patch I have related to the phone app is hangup on slider close. It just seems too random to be patch related. If the phone/text apps were broken by patch, they should never work. Thing is, they work sometimes.

We need to know for sure when they don't work. Maybe it breaks after every restart or after using preware or while the web app is open, etc. There has to be some pattern here.
    Since I've started doing this, I've noticed that sometimes the phone app will freeze and not load on the first attempt. I'll close it and then launch again and it loads fine. I've also noticed that the splash screen displays for an extended period time on the first launch and does not display at all on every subsequent launch of the phone app. That seems to indicate that something is causing the background functions of the phone app to not load at start up. There maybe other events that are causing those background functions to terminate but for now, simply launching the apps at startup seems to be working for me.
    I am having these same issues too on my Sprint Pre. Mostly missing texts, but some phone calls. I do not have the patch you are referring to.
    Global Posts
    20 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    I don't have this patch installed and I'm having the same issues - no notifications of text messages, emails or phone calls.
    +1. Palm needs to get this figured out and send out 1.4.1 ASAP. It's pretty bad when the most basic phone features stop working....
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    Do any of you ever have your WI-FI on? I've noticed on days I don't turn on my WI-FI, I'm fine. On days that I use it (until I do a restart) I have these notification issues. I think there is a bug with the new WIFI sleep settings that they added with 1.4 but cannot be sure that it is just a coincidence. Mine is set to "Keep Wi-Fi on". There are other threads on this but I cannot locate them at this moment to link.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast