1.    #1  
    I have a haptic feedback manager patch that I can not get to uninstall no matter what I do. Here is the error message I receive through Preware:

ERROR: An error occurred while attempting to run /tmp/ipkgScript.sh

Check for md5sum in /usr/lib/ipkg/info
    /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/ca.canucksoftware.patches.haptic-feedback-manager-webos14-1.prerm: line 197: syntax error: end of file unexpected (expecting "fi")

When I click on OK my Pre resets and when it comes back up I still see the "Haptic Feedback Manager" patch in device manager of WebOs Quick Install

I'm just curious if I need to Doctor or if someone knows of a way to solve this...
    THANKS!!!
    Handspring Visor Deluxe - Palm V - Palm Vx - Treo 600 - Treo 650 - Treo 680 - Centro- PRE!!!
  2.    #2  
    Update: After running EPR I see about 7 remaining patches in preware (including the devil haptic feedback manager). When running EPR again I receive an error saying there are no patches installed. I then ran Emergency Reconstruction Utility, reset, and tried to run EPR again. Again I receive IPKG Log error saying no patches installed
    Handspring Visor Deluxe - Palm V - Palm Vx - Treo 600 - Treo 650 - Treo 680 - Centro- PRE!!!
    Well if your not experiencing any negative effects you probably don't have to, but there is the partial erase.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by alex.dobeck View Post
    Well if your not experiencing any negative effects you probably don't have to, but there is the partial erase.
    Well it's kind of anoying.. It produces vibration everytime I type a key on the keyboard.. Kind of over-kill.

Partial Erase? What does that entail?
  5.    #5  
    Partial Erases -erases all installed apps and their data but not personal files stored in Mass USB drive mode.

Oooo that does not sound like fun I have alot of apps and data in my apps and virtually nothing in the USB portion
    have you tried to install them again? If not try to install them and then uninstalll. If that does not work load the emergency migration patch then the emergency reconstuction patch and then try to install and uninstall again .
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    if you need any help just message me
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    shadyvis....i had the same problem i tried what u said but still no good? any ideas? thankx
    Global Posts
    91 Global Posts
    Try running Jason's WebOS Repair Utility. That might help get it back to normal without doing a wipe.
    would that harm any of my current patches that are still on my pre?
    Quote Originally Posted by neoncorey View Post
    Try running Jason's WebOS Repair Utility. That might help get it back to normal without doing a wipe.
    I have a stuck patch,,tried most of stuff here,,yr suggesting is my next step. No biggie,,its not affecting my phone in anyway(tones per contact).
    The default setting in WebOS Repair utility will not overwrite patches & with the partial erase you have, it will likely erase the fragment. Ultimately, you may have to use WOSRU to completely reset all patches.

BLiip1234