1.    #1  
    I always see those apps in the catalog where you pay $1.99 to read a single book. Well those books usually happen to be public domain anyway, so you are really throwing your money away.

Feedbooks has a whole catalog of public domain books. Both older ones out of copyright and newer ones authors have put in the public domains.

Now they have an HTML5 based reader so you can read the books right in the browser:
    Welcome | Ibis Reader ™

You use your feedbooks account so it keeps your reading in sync. The book you read gets listed in your account and the next time you visit it takes you back to where you left off.
    Global Posts
    340 Global Posts
    Except there's no webOS version, and there's already a great free multi-format reader for webOS out there: pReader.
  3.    #3  
    Its a web based reader. Unless you are reading where you don't have internet it will work.
    Quote Originally Posted by kuoirad View Post
    Except there's no webOS version, and there's already a great free multi-format reader for webOS out there: pReader.
    OK is there a primer/guide for pReader anywhere? I have downloaded tons of books, even in formats supported, from gutenberg, memoware and so on. None of them seem to be recognized by pReader at all. If I have to download them at home and convert again, it kinda defeats the purpose and the mobility idea, but it would be better than nothing :-/ My old Treo would download books from any of these sites, even in .zip and unpack and read them with whatever worked (I had about 6 readers, one of them would pick it up).

Thanks in advance