Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    Palm please fix this!
    This Pre is now useless in my 2007 335XI w/ nav. The BT worked perfectly BEFORE update 1.4, and now, it's kaa - put! --- FIXED! :-)
    Last night I used Webos Doctor on my Pre and just like that the BT is now workinging perfectly w/ my BMW. I can access the phone book and dial. Works great! For all of you having problems since update 1.4, I sugest you go to:
    palm.com/rom and doctor your phone.
    Don't forget to do a backup first!
    Last edited by guitarguy; 03/13/2010 at 06:56 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by guitarguy View Post
    Palm please fix this!
    This Pre is now useless in my 2007 335XI w/ nav. The BT worked perfectly BEFORE update 1.4, and now, it's kaa - put!
    Same here. Mine worked perfectly before, too. Now, it's crazy. After pairing the Pre to my 545, the car indicates it's searching for the Pre. Yet, I can make a call from the phone over the car's speakers. But after 45 seconds, the Bluetooth connection breaks, cancelling out the car speakers and forcing me to use the phone in order to continue a conversation. What is going on?
    not working here in a 08 528
    this is a PIA...
    My 2006 BMW 650 Bluetooth is 90% inoperable with my Palm Pre- WORKED PERFECTLY BEFORE 1.4..... -tech support online and via phone could not roll be back to 1.3.....the Sprint store was ZERO help.....PALM fix this major issue.....dialing a touch phone in 4 lanes of traffis is dangerours...........
    Global Posts
    148 Global Posts
    Seems that Blue Tooth and WiFi is now not working in 1.44.......... Hello Palm! Can you hear me NOW!
    temp solution go back to 1.3.5.1 using webos doc.. Thanks Jason
    i paired my bluetooth with my 2007 535xi and bluetooth seemed to work with 1.4 but i couldnt get the music to be played through the bluetooth? is it able to ?
    Global Posts
    162 Global Posts
    Already a long thread on this....

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...ter-1-4-a.html
    Sanyo 8100 => Palm Treo 650 => Palm Pre (all on Sprint)
    Global Posts
    483 Global Posts
    You guys should get better cars.
    "06" 330i I have the same issue as everyone else!! Worked fine before the update. I've been monitoring this issue on the forums. No fix yet. Maybe the next update?
    Global Posts
    169 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Cringer View Post
    You guys should get better cars.
    HAH!
    Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    FIXED! Last night I used WebOS Doctor on my Pre and now the BT works perfectly w/ my 2007 BMW 335xi. I can access the phone book from the iDrive and dial, just like before update 1.4. I sugest everyone having issues, to go to palm.com/rom and Dr. your phone. Don't forget to backup first! :-)
    BTW - the PASTE feature is not working in this "Reply Box" from a Pre.
    Did you doctor back to 1.3.5 or did you doctor to 1.4?
    Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    Doctored to 1.4.
    1.4 does not affect the blue tooth in a 2010 bmw 7 series
    @berliner, nice car you got there...what color?
    Did you do a full overwrite or just look for errors? I tried the standard scan, it did not find any errors. I might try deleting the bluetooth related file and let it reinstall just those.
    Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    I did a full reinstall of 1.4 and that worked for me.
    Still no bluetooth

Tried reinstall, full erase, partial erase, doctor, reboots, nurses, lawyer letters, battery pulls, beatings, and phone molestations. Even promised to clean up after myself for a whole month.

Also tried to replace the bluetooth files in the 1.4 doctor files with the ones from a previous version, but couldnt get the doctor to accept my hacked 1.4. Anyone else handy with remixing compressed files willing to give it a shot? zip7 will read the compressed .jar files.