1.    #1  
    I could not find the file that contains all my music. And when using music synch feature...novacom (which is already on the PC) wants to install.....which fails...which in turns does not allow me to synch to delete music through ITunes or Doubletwist...and suggestions? I rather just delet the mp3 files directly

Thanks
    GIVE DEBBIE THE CHIMP.....GIVE DEBBIE THE CHIMP!!!
  2. ay
    Global Posts
    772 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by IGoDwnTwn34 View Post
    I could not find the file that contains all my music. And when using music synch feature...novacom (which is already on the PC) wants to install.....which fails...which in turns does not allow me to synch to delete music through ITunes or Doubletwist...and suggestions? I rather just delet the mp3 files directly

Thanks
    I'm sorry - I'm not sure I understand with the half sentences and typos, but, from what I gather, it sounds like you synced music to your phone with iTunes, but want to delete it all now without using any software, but rather do so via USB mode. Is that right? If yes, you need to enable hidden folders, and then you can navigate to the iTunes folder and delete the music manually. I hope that answers your question.
  3.    #3  
    Sorry for the typos...where do or how do I get the files.."un-hidden"?
  4. ay
    Global Posts
    772 Global Posts
    Sorry for the typos...where do or how do I get the files.."un-hidden"?
    Are you using a PC, Mac, or Linux computer? What operating system? More info is needed to help you....
  5.    #5  
    I know how to enable hidden files in Windows.....that does not solve the problem. All I want to do is erase all the music files off my PRE....period!!! That should be easy. Any assistance is appreciated!!

Thanks
    How did you get the music on there in the first place?
    Can't you just put it in USB mode and go in and delete them? That's all I do. I don't synch. I manage the music manually.
  8.    #8  
    Can't remember how I got them there....probably ITunes and/or DT. so....again...how do I locate and delete this music?
  9. ay
    Global Posts
    772 Global Posts
    Can't remember how I got them there....probably ITunes and/or DT. so....again...how do I locate and delete this music?
    Well since you know how to enable hidden folders (I know how to enable hidden files in Windows), do so, go to the iTunes folder, and delete the contents....I'm not sure what your question is if you indicate you know how to enable hidden folders? It should be very simple and straight-forward once you can see the iTunes folder...What's the question? Is it that you don't see the songs listed when you enable hidden folders? That's because iTunes jumbles up the names, but the contents of the iTunes folder is the music you're trying to delete....
    The question of how you locate the files depends on how they got there. It's kind of like asking the forum "Where did I put my car keys?".

You can put music files anywhere in the media partition and the Music app will find them. If you simply copy them into a folder, then it's easy because you know where they are. If iTunes does it then it's harder to find them because iTunes sucks ... jk . If it's iTunes, then I believe they should be in a hidden folder called "itunes" ... except (as someone else said) they won't look like music files (MP3) because iTunes has it's own (stupid) format. You probably will just need to delete the whole folder.