I recorded a video on my pre and emailed to my self... i cannot seem to play it.. the extension is .mp4... does any one know what type of player I should use??

thanks
    I tried to find a video via usb I searched everywhere and only found some files none of my video players could read. I've also uploaded a video to youtube twice now and neither work
    vlc for instance?
    vlc and quicktime youtube doesn't show a raw file but it shows the thumbnail so I dunno what's going on
    I prefer VLC. Quicktime SUCKS!! I don't know about Vista, but Widows 7 can play mp4 out of the box. I believe I played back a Precorder video on 7, but I haven't tried since the 1.4 update -- though I don't imagine the video codec is any different.
    I just deleted precorder for this update. The recording is great but I can't export the files. I could with the precorder files. I don't care what your using to watch the video that's not an issue.

has anyone else tried uploading a vid to youtube or even just to their pc since 1.4? Did it work? Maybe I need to run doctor to clean my phone up?
    QuickTime can play mp4 files - A free version is located on the following link:
    Apple - QuickTime - Download
    I recommend that you edit file associations so Quicktime only plays MP3 files then click on a MP4 file and chose Quicktime as the player.
    Quicktime can be invasive, so limit the file types it plays
    Windows Media Player plays MP4 files just fine for me.
    My device history:

- Jim J.

(On Sprint for many years)