Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Im having issues with two patches that wont delete or update. Everytime I try to delete or update them, I keep getting an IPKG error. I dont know what to do next. Any help would be great. Im trying to avoid using webosdoc because I read it deletes everything on the phone. Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    yes the volume changing is the " no alert during call patch " remove it until further notice !
    That may be one reason, but my pre was doing that and I never had that patch.
    my phone and music app wouldn't open. The volume was going up and down by itslef. And I too had some patches that would not uninstall. If the phone would work it kept popping into headphones. Some of my other apps, like Need For Speed never opened.

I took it to Sprint and they gave me a brand new phone, thank God. It was perfect and I finally got to play ?5-! But that's because it hadn't been updated to 1.4 yet. So I uninstalled my theme but left @ 35 patches for the update. Afterwords I reinstalled all my patches effortlessly, but now if I have two cards open and try for another I get the "too many cards" crap. When is 1.4.1 gonna get here already?
    Screen still shuts off when I make a call and cant disconnect
    Apps still freezing!! It is frustrating
    Palm is Sucking right now...
    Cant wait till my contract expire so I can torch this phone
    Quote Originally Posted by Wirecane View Post
    Screen still shuts off when I make a call and cant disconnect
    Apps still freezing!! It is frustrating
    Palm is Sucking right now...
    Cant wait till my contract expire so I can torch this phone
    Do you have the sprint pre? If you can duplicate these things (especially the screen shutting off), sprint should exchange it without a problem. If you haven't tried doctoring yet, you should try that first.
    Kkumar 99 Yes I have The Palm Pre with Sprint as my carrier..
    Every time I make a call,, the screen either goes blank or it turns on and off and its hard to disconnect. I have to catch the screen while its on the "on" and i have to tap the disconnect several times to end the call
    hmmm weird,, I just tested my phone and it seems like its working OK now.. The screen is staying on till i put on my ear and i can disconnect with 1 tap. Did they auto fix it? lol
    We'll see if it stays this way :P
    Well this is just great, I just bought the phone (yesterday) and in that time I have semi-bricked two palm pres. Wow palm how did you manage to mess this one up?

No sprint person could tell me what I/they did wrong so they replaced it, heck they even told me to upgrade to the most current webos. Before I upgraded to the new webos my tv and navigation worked now I get sqwat.

For TV I get this beauty:
    Error - An Error was encountered when launching this application. Please contact Sprint Customer Care. (4001)

-- but wait it gets better because occasionally it will throw this error out there too --

Error - Sorry, this channel is temporarily unavailable. Please Try again later or contact Customer Care. (7000) -- This happens to all the channels --

I know this is not a Sprint error, this is a Palm error.

As for the Nav, it just laughs at me now and points and won't do anything.

I guess my hopes were to high for you Palm. I loved my last phone by you (Palm Treo 750) and I thought you were ready to jump back in the game, shame on me.

Thankfully Sprint has given me a 30 day trial period to stay with them or not. If I can't undo this error I think I'm going to go with the "or not" option.

Stay classy Palm.
    Quote Originally Posted by rosedog View Post
    Well this is just great, I just bought the phone (yesterday) and in that time I have semi-bricked two palm pres. Wow palm how did you manage to mess this one up?

No sprint person could tell me what I/they did wrong so they replaced it, heck they even told me to upgrade to the most current webos. Before I upgraded to the new webos my tv and navigation worked now I get sqwat.

For TV I get this beauty:
    Error - An Error was encountered when launching this application. Please contact Sprint Customer Care. (4001)

-- but wait it gets better because occasionally it will throw this error out there too --

Error - Sorry, this channel is temporarily unavailable. Please Try again later or contact Customer Care. (7000) -- This happens to all the channels --

I know this is not a Sprint error, this is a Palm error.

As for the Nav, it just laughs at me now and points and won't do anything.

I guess my hopes were to high for you Palm. I loved my last phone by you (Palm Treo 750) and I thought you were ready to jump back in the game, shame on me.

Thankfully Sprint has given me a 30 day trial period to stay with them or not. If I can't undo this error I think I'm going to go with the "or not" option.

Stay classy Palm.
    I also have these problems. I had my Pre for a while, I have liked it for the most part but this update sucks. I need a fix for this. I want my Sprint TV and my navigation to work. At the least.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123