Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Im missing all of my icons in my Launcher as of last night?
    I think I saw a thread on this yesterday?
    Global Posts
    53 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Faerie View Post
    I'm getting this same issue. Was wondering why I didn't get any messages last night, only to load my messaging app this morning and find 54 new messages =(

Just found out that several people called me last night... my phone never rang. This is not good at all.
    Having this issue myself, although sometimes I will wake the device up, a message will come in and cause the phone to reboot. It actually has done this every morning since the update and several times throughout the day. The phone is completely unreliable now Others have reported that using webos doctor to 1.4 does not fix the issue (while many people apparently just don't have the issue at all!)
    Quote Originally Posted by n.larue View Post
    My battery is draining really quick with the update. Anyone have any suggestions? I don't know if one of the patches is causing it or what.
    i am having the same issue.. fixes please
    I just received this SMS:

"From 900070003867

-- Free msg form VZW: Palm webOS has been upgraded and will be delivered to phone within 10 days. For details go to:
    support.vzw.com/system_update/pre_plus.html"

If they hadn't misspelled "from" I'd not worry at all . But at least they are listening
    Alright, just a short time after I doctored my phone to 1.4 all went well. Now I installed the new Facebook App for two days all is well.

Since today though whenever I start calling someone the screen goes black and starts flickering on and off...now I cannot end calls and have to take out the battery to end calls...***...anybody had this too?
    Quote Originally Posted by cshrader View Post
    Did anyone figure out what is causing the volume randomly changing problem?
    yes the volume changing is the " no alert during call patch " remove it until further notice !
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Quote Originally Posted by gsonspre View Post
    Im missing all of my icons in my Launcher as of last night?
    I think I saw a thread on this yesterday?
    a partial reset will fix this for you!
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Quote Originally Posted by cbellevie View Post
    Having this issue myself, although sometimes I will wake the device up, a message will come in and cause the phone to reboot. It actually has done this every morning since the update and several times throughout the day. The phone is completely unreliable now Others have reported that using webos doctor to 1.4 does not fix the issue (while many people apparently just don't have the issue at all!)
    do you have the no alert during calls patch? If so remove it. It is not returning volume to correct setting when it activates.
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Since updating to 1.4.0 My ringtones in sounds won't play. The phone will ring, but there's no way to preview the ringtone... anyone else?
    Anyone having problems in the ROW on unlocked phones?
    Global Posts
    65 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nbmatt View Post
    My carrier name at the top left corner has disappeared. I always get ahead of myself when there is an update and forgot to take off my patches (although I've heard you didn't have to with this version)...

Has anyone else experienced this problem?
    Same for me and my phone is no longer working. Makes me crazy. Yesterday all day trying to fix this with at the end went back to my initial factory settings thoug keeps me always asking to update again. I need an urgent solution. Tomorrow monday I canot imagine being with a mobile phone.
    Hmm this aint' good, I wasn't planning on updating until things get figured out but I plugged my phone to charge and now it's updating. I'm pretty sure I ddi'nt hit the update button.... Has anyone reverted to 1.3.x?
    Global Posts
    65 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pansovic View Post
    Same for me and my phone is no longer working. Makes me crazy. Yesterday all day trying to fix this with at the end went back to my initial factory settings thoug keeps me always asking to update again. I need an urgent solution. Tomorrow monday I canot imagine being with a mobile phone.
    To continue figuring out why my phone is not working under 1.4 (I know I can webos doc to get to previous version which indeed works), I found out that 1.4 doesn't recognize my APN settings. Tells me each time it is invalid. Maybe this can help the programmers
    Global Posts
    343 Global Posts
    Not exactly what is causing this... my phone radio (and data) are turning themselves off at somewhat random times. (It does seem to happen when I'm charging using the car charger, but it's happened when that wasn't the case).
    When I try to turn the radio(s) back on using the device menu or the phone settings, it shows that it's turning on, but never does.
    A complete phone restart fixes it (but Luna restart does NOT).
    Global Posts
    90 Global Posts
    I figured out what was happening with my mail app after updating to 1.4.0. Somehow, my Yahoo account got corrupt OR webOS 1.4 doesn't play well with Yahoo. I removed the account and now the mail app is much faster. However, trying to re-ad Yahoo back in brings the same results every time. My Mail app slows to a crawl. I will likely have to do a full erase unless Palm releases a fix. In my case, Gmail is my main account so I'm okay for now.

I still cannot get the Mail app to open directly to my default account's box.
    After upgrade, on touchstone, no time displayed> What is displayed is last card used. Any help?
    Also anyone know where to find the loud ringtones?
    Quote Originally Posted by Juize View Post
    Alright, just a short time after I doctored my phone to 1.4 all went well. Now I installed the new Facebook App for two days all is well.

Since today though whenever I start calling someone the screen goes black and starts flickering on and off...now I cannot end calls and have to take out the battery to end calls...***...anybody had this too?

The light thing happened to me. I had sprint send me a new one free.. but it CAN be the screen protector. I found out about that after I got a replacement.
    Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by drfenster View Post
    Since updating to 1.4.0 My ringtones in sounds won't play. The phone will ring, but there's no way to preview the ringtone... anyone else?
    ..and no text notifications....Pandora will not completely load [accradio won't either] and TeleNav quit working.

Web Doctored phone right before upgrading to 1.4 and now have more problems than ever.
    When I launch an app, I frequently see the splash screen sort of "hang", and the app will never load until I swipe the splash screen away and try again. Sometimes I have to do this 2 or 3 times to get an app to finally load.

Anyone else have this issue? Is it something related to 1.4 or is something else causing it?
    My device history:

- Jim J.

(On Sprint for many years)
    Palm actually did something ridiculous for 1.4 -- they changed the length of the text message vibration!
    Before, emails would get a short vibrate, and SMS/Chats would get a longer one, a perfect and elegant way to tell which was which.
    Now, they all get the same medium length buzz. WHY? What is the logic to this? To make things worse, there is no way to change the functionality.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast