Global Posts
    733 Global Posts
    I'm having strange issues when trying to use my home wifi, only after updating to 1.4. Some webpages see to take forever to load while others load fast.. Preware doesn't even work half the time, but when I use my 36 connection it works fine..

Anyone else having wifi issues since updating?

UPDATE: It's not just my wifi connection- I tried connecting through my upstairs neighbor's, and same thing.. Intermittent quality of connection especially with certain pages.
    Global Posts
    45 Global Posts
    yes, i am having the same issue after 1.4. If i'm connected to wifi on my home network my browser doesn't load, or takes extremely long to load. I just tested on the wifi at my office and wifi worked fine - the same page loaded in 20 seconds without wifi (full service) and with wifi on it took about 5 seconds. Is there a setting on my router that I need to make so that this will work with it again like before 1.4?
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    I'm having basically the same issue as well - EVDO works fine, but no good on my local wifi which was working perfectly before the update (I downloaded the update over wifi afterall )

Haven't been able to try any other wifi networks though. I can't even access my router webpage from the phone when connected to it at home, and bot the computers that are on that wifi network still work just fine. Strange - somethin' must be glitched. I don't have and have never had any patches installed. Only preware and upstart package manager for Doom/Quake.
    Global Posts
    733 Global Posts
    By the way, my wireless AP is a Netgear WPN802 and I normally use WPA-PSK2 with AES encryption..

But for the heck of it, I turned encryption off completely just to see what would happen.. Still does the exact same thing- poor wifi performance, with some webpages being worse than others.. Basically, wifi is useless to me (and my girlfriend's phone is the same way now!).
    I seldom use wifi on my pre but noticed other post about it not working after the update. my internet browers is not working. i can open the web bookmarks but when I hit one it just sits there. everything else seems to work fine even when I think it requires internet but the browser is not working.
    any suggestions?
    Same here, though I noticed my EVDO is worse too... and I'm using a Sprint Airave too.
    if you delete everything preware and hombrew and patches , and then your phone works it is the package manager thats messing everything up i would do a partial reset of your phone then install package manager with webos QI fisrt then reboot phone and put preware on next with everything else . anyways that what i had to do!
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Global Posts
    733 Global Posts
    shadavis-

were you having the same problems as other people here were having? Problems with webpages and apps that used the wifi connection, or just problems with Preware?

Let's not get two problems confused here- I don't want to have to delete everything if we're discussing two different problems.
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    I uninstalled the upstart package manager and preware, did a restart and no change for me. Still no wifi traffic. I suppose the next thing to try is to turn off encryption and see if that makes a difference as per one of the above posters?
    Global Posts
    733 Global Posts
    FYI this is still an issue for me.. Wifi works with SOME networks, but not all- my home network being the important one (that it doesn't work with).. My home wifi works fine with my Roku DVP, my Wii, and my Netbook, but not my Pre..

The people at palm's forums haven't really confessed to there being an issue either- yet. If you are having problems, please go to Palm's WebOS Software forum and leave a reply in my post..

Thanks!
    Global Posts
    45 Global Posts
    I need to jump in and let everyone know that I have never used Preware or any patches and I am having this problem as well - WiFi on and working then Downloaded and Installed 1.4, and then after the reboot, the WiFi didn't work. I have called Palm Support and they don't have any answers. The best they could do is tell me to use the WebOS Doctor. I think i'll try doing that today. No idea how things got messed up when I haven't done Preware or any other tweaking to my phone (besides installing homebrew apps way back when).
    Global Posts
    733 Global Posts
    Josh-

Just so you know, be prepared for a letdown.. I WebosDoctored my phone and it misbehaves as badly as before I Doctored it.
    Have the same problem!

But after the buy ist worked 1 day fine, an then it doesnet work, with 1.3.

webos docotr doesnt help update to 1.4 doesent help..

schould we sent it to palm service?

Palm chat couldt help me.
    For everyone who is having problems with wifi and evdo,try runinning J.R REPAIR UTILITY it did the trick for me and every thing is back to normal.

DON'T FORGET TO HIT THE" THANKS" BUTTON.
    ----------
    where can I find J.R REPAIR UTILITY ??? google tels nothing relevant!

Regards
    Global Posts
    186 Global Posts
    JR = Jason Robitaille. WebOS Repair Utility v2.01 is the repair utility that he has made available.

The forum won't let me post links yet, because I have fewer than ten posts and therefore cannot possibly have anything useful to contribute...like, you know, a link to WebOS Repair Utility v2.01. But plug that phrase into the search field and you'll find it.

I haven't actually tried this program (yet); I'm just letting you know what the other poster was referring to.