Page 1 of 9 123456 ... LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Now that we have a new camcorder, let's have some fun with it and show Palm how to promote this webOS thingy..

Members of your Pre|C family have taken their personal time to put these commercials together.
    Please take a moment to check out the creativity that is bubbling beneath these links (and feel free to comment) --

---> Check out this Totally Palmed article on one of the commercials that IcerC made right here!

http://totallypalmed.com/2010/03/03/...ttention-palm/

---> See how another site ripped off our idea just 3 days after we created this thread, right here!

http://palmnewsdaily.com/2010/03/04/...-their-phones/

From,

IcerC:

--

jalapeno:

--

Joescan09:

--

Adrianfern92:

I'll be updating this list daily...
    Last edited by dbdoinit; 03/08/2010 at 04:32 AM.
    here's my commercial.

3.    #3  
    LOL, badjokes, you call that a commercial?
    We're supposed to be showing Palm how to make a catchy, memorable piece of advertising.

But thanks for trying, badjokes.
    Thanks for trying.
    Quote Originally Posted by dbd View Post
    Now that we have a new camcorder, let's have some fun with it and show Palm how to promote this webOS thingy..
    Where's yours? O.o
    dbd, I'm genuinely interested to see yours. Lets have it.
    Sprint|Samsung Epic
    Global Posts
    747 Global Posts
    An idea could be great if it were managed well. Why not propose the guys at Precentral run a contest for best Pre videos?

Flood youtube with the coolness of the pre, make the contest a big deal, have different groups of people demonstrating multitasking on the way to the club, out running errands, or beside their favorite hang out spot.

With 20 or 30 videos, it would bound to be attention somewhere (Engadget easily) especially if they were done well. Couple that with a nice twitter spree, and suddenly out have articles talking about all the WebOS fans which might help as far as positive publicity (and eventual sales) are concerned.
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by brennan7 View Post
    Where's yours? O.o
    I was wondering how long it would take for somebody to ask me that.
    I have some ideas that i'm cookin' up. I was just hoping you guys could post some in the meantime, i'm really looking forward to it.
    When i make mine, you all can have a good time commenting (laughing) about it.
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by Stihl View Post
    This is actually a good idea, but it's something that needs support. Why not use this thread to discuss what would go into a user commercial as well as figure out who would be into making commercials.

Once you have a list of people (maybe 20?) and different criteria that each video is to meet, you all take videos describing the benefits of the pre.

badjokes had an interesting idea, showing the tethering ability and speed. Of course, others would focus on different elements: some could be done outside on the way to a club, in the car en route to an appointment, in the home calling a friend--all while multitasking.

Then once everyone has goon through the videos, assemble them in one big thread, have a Precentral front page article as well as a twitter push, then get some positive coverage for palm as all the sites cover it, while reevaluating the Palm Pre entirely.

If you would like to help save palm, love your phone, and think you can effectively communicate your phone's positive aspects, step forward.
    That's an interesting idea. Hmm...
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by ryleyinstl View Post
    dbd, I'm genuinely interested to see yours. Lets have it.
    Hahaha.
    I'm still cooking it up.
    Gimmie a couple of days...
    Someone can run with my idea:

Spoof the iPhone talking/multitasking commercials by depicting someone taking a call, opening up a game (still while talking), checking email, reply by SMS, and creating a dinner appointment in calendar...all without closing an app!

(might need a Pre Plus, since it has more memory...cant risk the "too many cards" error popping up)
    I'd probably win hands down with my worlds-first kermit the frog ukulele cover:

I mean, who wouldn't want a pre after watching that?
    correct me if i'm wrong but i thought if you were on a call, on a pre, you couldn't send email or surf the web. I know for sure you can text if on a call. My assumption was that you need to be on wifi in order to make a call and email/surf. Is that correct? If so, is that the same idea with the iphone? Or can the iphone do both without being on wifi?
    Quote Originally Posted by daisy96 View Post
    correct me if i'm wrong but i thought if you were on a call, on a pre, you couldn't send email or surf the web. I know for sure you can text if on a call. My assumption was that you need to be on wifi in order to make a call and email/surf. Is that correct? If so, is that the same idea with the iphone? Or can the iphone do both without being on wifi?
    You are correct. On CDMA devices, you need wifi to be able to do simultaneous voice and data.

My idea does not circumvent this limitation, but advertises the multitasking abilities of webOS. While on a call, you can check your email (not send or receive, although you can send and it would be cached for later), send an SMS (doesnt use data...MMS does), play most games, check and modify your calendar (again, uses cached data), and more! I think its a great way to advertise that webOS is not limited.
    Global Posts
    468 Global Posts
    We could bail Vince,the Shamwow guy, out of the joint and have him put together a commercial which shows off the phone.

Could also revive the guy from these videos, which are hilarious.

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...-4-videos.html
    Sanyo SCP 4500 > Samsung SCH 1900 > Sanyo SCP 5000 > Treo 755p > Palm Pre > HTC Evo
    yea, I completly agree, I wish the ads on tv would do something like this, kinda similar to what the iphone ads do, except the pre would look much cooler.

is iphone a CDMA device? does it need to be on wifi for voice and data?
    Quote Originally Posted by daisy96 View Post
    yea, I completly agree, I wish the ads on tv would do something like this, kinda similar to what the iphone ads do, except the pre would look much cooler.

is iphone a CDMA device? does it need to be on wifi for voice and data?
    No, its a GSM device in the USA. It can do simultaneous voice and data without wifi.
    Global Posts
    236 Global Posts
    i think the ad's need some explosions, exotic women, and fast cars. top gear style ya know.
    Je fais ce que je veux avec mes cheveux!!! Sprint: Pre+ 2.1
    You, a mirror, and a pre and that commercial is a go
  19.    #19  
    tried to make it show a lot... Palm Pre: for people with ADD

Selling my Palm things: just make an offer: http://forums.webosnation.com/market...nd-offers.html
Page 1 of 9 123456 ... LastLast