Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    IcerC get's good reviews on his Pre Add

An Amateur Palm Pre Commercial Emerges: Are you Paying Attention, Palm?! Totally Palmed

LOL his 2pm agenda item is to "make snow people"
    Last edited by zx600; 03/05/2010 at 10:37 PM.
    "I'm sorry your phone is smarter than you"
    Quote Originally Posted by zx600 View Post

Yea, but I like birds better - give it better production and a good ending like the one of the guy entering the house and putting the phone on the touchstone would be great
    I'm in complete agreement.
    Sprint|Samsung Epic
  3.    #103  
    Quote Originally Posted by zx600 View Post
    IcerC get's good reviews on his Pre Add

[url= Amateur Palm Pre Commercial Emerges: Are you Paying Attention, Palm?! Totally Palmed[/url]
    This is GREAT NEWS!
    I updated the OP to reflect all the latest.
    Just got a good idea for a vid; song in the backround - One from Three Dog Night, showing someone with their iPhone doing multiple things at once that requires alot of backing out and starting over in multiple apps. Then at the end someone doing pretty much the same thing but on the pre with multiple cards. What do you all think?
    Quote Originally Posted by Osiris_C3 View Post
    Just got a good idea for a vid; song in the backround - One from Three Dog Night, showing someone with their iPhone doing multiple things at once that requires alot of backing out and starting over in multiple apps. Then at the end someone doing pretty much the same thing but on the pre with multiple cards. What do you all think?
    I like it... or maybe have 5 clones of one person with an iPhone in each clone's hands and then have one Pre user. The image of 5 clones vs 1 person would work, all you would have to do then is show 5-10 seconds of someone flipping between cards, responding to notifications, resuming paused 3D game
    Global Posts
    747 Global Posts
    this thread is fantastic
  7.    #107  
    Quote Originally Posted by Stihl View Post
    this thread is fantastic
    Mentioned in the engadget podcast by Josh! 1hr 16mins whoo! ..but $50 bucks lol
    http://www.engadget.com/2010/03/05/e...86-03-05-2010/

now if precentral would just post a story... palms twittering ..engadgets chatting throw me a bone
    Last edited by IcerC; 03/05/2010 at 09:27 PM.

Selling my Palm things: just make an offer: http://forums.webosnation.com/market...nd-offers.html
    Global Posts
    347 Global Posts
    Hey IcerC, you got a mention on the Engadget podcast.

Engadget Podcast 186 - 03.05.2010 -- Engadget

Go to 1:16:00 and check it out!

EDIT: Dang, beat me by a few seconds!
    Last edited by Tibfib; 03/06/2010 at 10:23 AM.
    Hey guys here's a video I did really quickly. Nothing special but it shows off multitasking.
    Nice job Adrian I like it. I have another one being worked up but won't be ready to shoot it until later tonight.

Follow Me On Twitter
    http://twitter.com/Joescan
    Quote Originally Posted by IcerC View Post
    Mentioned in the engadget podcast by Josh! 1hr 16mins whoo! ..but $50 bucks lol
    Engadget Podcast 186 - 03.05.2010 -- Engadget

now if precentral would just post a story... palms twittering ..engadgets chatting throw me a bone
    This site has it up, along with a couple others

Challenge: Help Palm market their phones | PalmNewsDaily.com
    Joe Dirt: Well, I see you got those snakes and sparklers. But where's the good stuff man?
    Kicking Wing: Good stuff? This is the good stuff, snakes and sparklers.
    Joe Dirt: Are you nuts dude? You need stuff that'll explode. Go *boom*!
    Kicking Wing: Why is that good?
    Joe Dirt: Well, huh, might as, might as well ask why is a tree good? Why is the sunset good? Why are boobs good?
    Quote Originally Posted by Adrianfern92 View Post
    Hey guys here's a video I did really quickly. Nothing special but it shows off multitasking.
    Ah would be perfect without mistypes and if at the end the video notification pops up done. (short video, you would have to time it right, result would be priceless!)

Selling my Palm things: just make an offer: http://forums.webosnation.com/market...nd-offers.html
    Ah would be perfect without mistypes and if at the end the video notification pops up done. (short video, you would have to time it right, result would be priceless!)
    Yeah agree, the mistypes distract from it. Very good concept though. Seriously these are not far away from being ready to be turned into real commercials
    Joe Dirt: Well, I see you got those snakes and sparklers. But where's the good stuff man?
    Kicking Wing: Good stuff? This is the good stuff, snakes and sparklers.
    Joe Dirt: Are you nuts dude? You need stuff that'll explode. Go *boom*!
    Kicking Wing: Why is that good?
    Joe Dirt: Well, huh, might as, might as well ask why is a tree good? Why is the sunset good? Why are boobs good?
  15.    #115  
    Hey everybody.
    I fixed the links at the OP to actually work now.

(I usually do everything from the Pre itself, and the links were working from the Pre, so i thought they were working from PCs too.)

It's sooooooooo good to see the recognition that we're getting from all over the place!
    You guys are doing GRRRRREAT!!

I noticed that OTHER sites are copying our idea now.
    Notice that WE started this on March 1st.
    Like they say; "Imitation is the best form of flattery", right?
    Last edited by dbdoinit; 03/06/2010 at 02:51 PM.
    ok I just took this video from my pre and it's not a commercial but wanted to share how amazing the video quailty is coming from a cell phone.

Follow Me On Twitter
    http://twitter.com/Joescan
    Yeah I figured that, also the missing of the swiping to the next app. Thank you for your feedback!
  18.    #118  
    I think the one thing a lot of these videos are missing is a solid easy way to see exactly what they are showing off.

One specific example would be in the "Dad" one, "Steve Jobs" is really impressed by what the pre can do, but i don't think that the general population would realize that the non-intrusive notifications and multitasking are a big deal, even if the features are obvious to us.

I'm not just here to say whats wrong. first, I want to say that I think these are much better than the official commercials! Second, I have an idea for how to pull it all together, but I don't have a video camera (Besides my Pre of course ;D ) so I wanted to outline it and am hoping someone will give it a try!

Start: Playing NFS or Asphalt
    5-10s: txt from someone saying something simple like "what's up?" or w/e
    10-15s: second txt from same person "Whoa, Lets see that again!"
    Show ~2s of rewinding back to just before the first txt, then show first text again
    In place of the second text, use a third one saying "You kept playing right through my text!"
    Click the text, and respond "Yeah, background notifications rock!"
    Go back to your game and win the race

Close with a simple palm style font saying "Palm Pre"

All messages i suggested fit in the landscape notification area. Obviously it will take some editing to do the rewind, and if someone wants to shoot it but can't edit it, I would be happy to figure out the editing. Should probably overlay it with cool music like the Iphone commercials have too.

Like I said, I really hope someone gives this a try, this would be one that would work for the general public!
  20.    #120  
    OP is updated.