Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    Global Posts
    44 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Joescan09 View Post
    Mine alittle longer than I wanted but i'll just call it a info commercial lol

Great video, I was thinking about doing something very similar to that. I don't have the time to make a vid, but mine would begin with someone's start of the day. The Pre's alarm clock wakes you up, you pull it off the touchstone, and then you progress through your day, and show off what it can handle. Something to that effect. Great commercials everyone!
    That was my original idea about waking up and going thought the day. Only problem was the way I wanted to edit it together wasn't going to be possible with windows movie maker.

Follow Me On Twitter
    http://twitter.com/Joescan
    The ADD vid I think is the best at showing the true power of webOS, but at the same time the I like Birds vid I think makes a better commercial, I'm really torn between the two. lol
    I love the birds vid its nice and simple and shows some nice apps and features.

Follow Me On Twitter
    Mine alittle longer than I wanted but i'll just call it a info commercial lol

I "Stumbled" this one and one other mentioned near the top of the thread.
    Palm history: II, IIIc, Kyocera 7135, Treo 650, Centro, Pre, FrankenPre+, (legit) Pre+ & TouchPad.
    Global Posts
    747 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by IcerC View Post
    tried to make it show a lot... Palm Pre: for people with ADD

Saw this video last night while trying to go back to sleep and loved it. This commercial makes me want to see the phone in action and try it out.

Hindsight is 20/20, but it's clear just how badly palm dropped the ball as far as commercials go.

Their first, larger than life commercials seemed to promotes the company itself: PALM and it's implied history and mystique were the stars.

The second 'creepy lady' spots were really not too bad, but were overconfident--they do more talking about the concept of the phone than they do the phone itself. In fact, you only see the phone in action from afar toward the end. Again, not terrible because of contend, but because of execution--it's the kind of commercial you come out with once your phone is already catching on.

The third set of pixi ads was better, but showed more of the concept of people out and about who happened to own the pixi. Have fun, give fun? What's the context? How does the pixi help me anymore than any other phone? The commercial really doesnt help.

IcerC and others with similar commercials are just the kind palm needed then and needs now.

Every time Apple shows a commercial, it demos a product, talks about the idea of the product, and shows it's brand name, something Palm tried and failed to fit into a single commercial.

Palm should be putting the camera right on the lcd during the whole commercial right until it pans out to being placed on a touchstone. They should also court three big-name developers a year to bring over critical iphone apps and feature these in commercials, but demonstrate how much more integrated they are with 1. the OS itself and 2. other apps they can communicate with.
  7.    #67  
    Quote Originally Posted by Stihl View Post
    Saw this video last night while trying to go back to sleep and loved it. This commercial makes me want to see the phone in action and try it out.

Hindsight is 20/20, but it's clear just how badly palm dropped the ball as far as commercials go.

Their first, larger than life commercials seemed to promotes the company itself: PALM and it's implied history and mystique were the stars.

The second 'creepy lady' spots were really not too bad, but were overconfident--they do more talking about the concept of the phone than they do the phone itself. In fact, you only see the phone in action from afar toward the end. Again, not terrible because of contend, but because of execution--it's the kind of commercial you come out with once your phone is already catching on.

The third set of pixi ads was better, but showed more of the concept of people out and about who happened to own the pixi. Have fun, give fun? What's the context? How does the pixi help me anymore than any other phone? The commercial really doesnt help.

IcerC and others with similar commercials are just the kind palm needed then and needs now.

Every time Apple shows a commercial, it demos a product, talks about the idea of the product, and shows it's brand name, something Palm tried and failed to fit into a single commercial.

Palm should be putting the camera right on the lcd during the whole commercial right until it pans out to being placed on a touchstone. They should also court three big-name developers a year to bring over critical iphone apps and feature these in commercials, but demonstrate how much more integrated they are with 1. the OS itself and 2. other apps they can communicate with.
    Stihl, i agree with you 1000%.
    IcerC, Joescan09, jalapeno and the others are on the right track.
    The public needs to SEE the phone in action, doing what it does best. Period.

BTW everybody:
    I edited the OP to make it easier for ppl to find our commercials. I will update it daily. Thanks for your efforts!
    Ok this is another quick one and I just wished I had better editing software. I might need to spend some $$ and start making really high quality commercials.

Follow Me On Twitter
  9.    #69  
    Ok this is another quick one and I just wished I had better editing software. I might need to spend some $$ and start making really high quality commercials.

[url= - Important Multitasking[/url]
    LoL!
    That's really cool!
    I like it. I had a similar idea.. with a different ceo calling lol.
    I will when my roommate gets home with his phone...

Selling my Palm things: just make an offer: http://forums.webosnation.com/market...nd-offers.html
    Palm Pre Commercial: Dad

Kinda more fun one. Again no editing haha.

Selling my Palm things: just make an offer: http://forums.webosnation.com/market...nd-offers.html
    Palm Pre Commercial: Dad

[url= - Palm Pre Commercial: Dad[/url]

Kinda more fun one. Again no editing haha.
    Have you heard from palm yet? I wouldn't be surprised if they called. Keep them coming.
    I think the Dad one is awesome good work. Now I need to come up with somethine esle lol.

Follow Me On Twitter
    speaking of commercials. this creepy girl commercial isn't THAT bad. I actually like it.

I like that commercial as well, I never though the guy was that creepy. On a side note I got another video idead i'm working on now.
    Last edited by Joescan09; 03/04/2010 at 11:21 AM.

Follow Me On Twitter
    I have another idea thats totally different.. we'll see if I can pull this one off though.. heh.

17.    #77  
    I have another idea thats totally different.. we'll see if I can pull this one off though.. heh.
    From the work i've seen from you so far, i'm looking forward to it.
    Cant wait to see your next ones!
    __

I dont have access to a decent camera outside of my wife's Pre, and she doesnt get home till late. I need light to execute my ideas. Maybe this weekend...argh! But I have to go out of town shortly and then there's the Home & Patio show... when will I make the time?
    IcerC, I love #3 - see that is a good way to have fun with the Pre
    Bjarne Winkler
    ---------------------------------------------------
    ==> Pre: There's a patch for that!
    Global Posts
    511 Global Posts
    When you record an incoming call be sure to cover/hide the phone numbers... I haven't had a chance to watch all of these but they look promising. If only you guys could get the camera rigs from CES.
    Last edited by Honis; 03/04/2010 at 01:31 PM. Reason: english