Global Posts
    169 Global Posts
    Ok So no matter what I do, I cannot get my text messages that were active in my Pre to stay deleted. If I go fast I can get em all cleared then BAM they all pop back again. I used Internalz to manually delete them but nope they are still in my Messaging app. This is occurring in my SMS chat only as I have all other IM accounts deleted atm. There are some SMS messages from Facebook alerts, some with media attached both video and pics, and just some plain ones that are seemingly indestructible. So far they have been deleted 10 times and have returned each time.

Anyone else having this issue of SMS Text Herpes?
    Hey Twiktor,

I'm having the same issue. Dont know what the solution is for this.
    I use to have this issue like 5 months ago but with certain contacts who i use to text more then others, the only i was able to resolve it was to delete the message was from inside the conversation 1 x 1 and that will help so it would not re-appear, then i had to delete the contact and add it again. hope this helps or at least get you started
    Hi miguelchin36,

Thanks. Deleting all the messages inside does permanently delete the messages, but some of my conversations are very extensive. It will take forever to get rid of them with that method. This just started happening to me recently after the 1.4 update. So annoying! :-( lol Thanks again tho for the response.
    Quote Originally Posted by PalmLearner28 View Post
    Hi miguelchin36,

Thanks. Deleting all the messages inside does permanently delete the messages, but some of my conversations are very extensive.......................
    Yeah that was my problem, I would have 800+ text long conversations with someone and this would happen so i made it a habit to not keep messages longer then a week
    Global Posts
    169 Global Posts
    the only i was able to resolve it was to delete the message was from inside the conversation 1 x 1 and that will help so it would not re-appea
    I just quietly whimpered and am now going to hide under my bed in the fetal position as I debate the most efficient method of curing text herpes . . Doctor up and do a full erase starting fresh and snappy, then spend the morning repatching . . . or . . . endure hours of mindless swipe left to right - tap as I try not to get distracted by the content of many of the conversations which ranges from professional to the utterly disgusting.

Lesson learned . . delete that interspecies ambush pic immediately else you may be forced to see it again!