View Poll Results: Battery life in 1.4 - Better or Worse?

Voters
109. You may not vote on this poll
  • Much better

17 15.60%
  • Little better

26 23.85%
  • Same

33 30.28%
  • Little worse

18 16.51%
  • Much worse

15 13.76%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    570 Global Posts
    I know what I think, I want to get a feel for what everyone thinks so far. Please vote in the poll if you have used 1.4 enough to know.
    too early to tell
    Global Posts
    627 Global Posts
    +1

I have been "playing" with mine too much to be certain. I can tell if there are any changes they are not significant, whether + or -.
    I turned of that stupid blinking notification. Batter life improved. I guess its okay if your able to be with your phone at all times, but I have areas I cant take mine and its left blinking for hours.
    For me battery life is about the same as with version 1.3.5.
    Same. I'm on WiFi data all day at work so battery life isn't an issue. Also, Sprint has very good coverage in my area so it's never been a problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by crawdaddct View Post
    I turned of that stupid blinking notification. Batter life improved. I guess its okay if your able to be with your phone at all times, but I have areas I cant take mine and its left blinking for hours.
    Ooh Batter, can we have Pancakes?

I agree, blinks begone!
    same
    looks like the excessive drain problem with certain wifi routers is still present...anybody else having this problem?
    Global Posts
    570 Global Posts
    bump
    Global Posts
    696 Global Posts
    I wonder if it depends on the phone. I am seeing slightly better with the Pixi Plus.
    Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    In the last two days I've seen a huge drop in battery life. At home over the weekend I noticed a significant drop and the only condition that changed was the OS version - same usage, same router for WiFi. Another example - during my morning commute, I listen to the radio using RadioTime, read email, and use Twitter and arrive at work with approx 70% of the battery charge remaining (I have a long commute). Today it was 28% remaining.
    Global Posts
    696 Global Posts
    I am seeing improvements with a Pixi Plus.

Configuration:
    - ActiveSync with "As items arrive" setting
    - WIFI and BT always active
    - No Preware

Other:
    - stock Palm battery
    - moderate web serving
    - usually have calendar and email open
    Last edited by miata; 03/01/2010 at 07:56 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grey_girl View Post
    In the last two days I've seen a huge drop in battery life. At home over the weekend I noticed a significant drop and the only condition that changed was the OS version - same usage, same router for WiFi. Another example - during my morning commute, I listen to the radio using RadioTime, read email, and use Twitter and arrive at work with approx 70% of the battery charge remaining (I have a long commute). Today it was 28% remaining.
    I'm noticing a significant battery drain as well with the new update. I don't think it's related to the blinking notifications as someone stated earlier since I've had that patch installed ever since it was released. My commute isn't nearly as long (I'm guessing), but I'm noticing a drain of 10-20% more than I was in the past for either the same or less activity on the phone.
    I thought this 1.4 version was supposed to improve battery life???
    Global Posts
    733 Global Posts
    I don't see a major difference, other my wifi being nearly completely broken (see the thread I started).. I do have blink-notifications on, but I don't get a lot of e-mails/texts to set it off.
    Quote Originally Posted by bdickman View Post
    I'm noticing a significant battery drain as well with the new update. I don't think it's related to the blinking notifications as someone stated earlier since I've had that patch installed ever since it was released. My commute isn't nearly as long (I'm guessing), but I'm noticing a drain of 10-20% more than I was in the past for either the same or less activity on the phone.
    I thought this 1.4 version was supposed to improve battery life???

My battery really is draining so fast with the new update! I really can't put my finger on it. Everything is the same fromt the last update. I even switched email to manual check and wifi to turn off when phone is sleeping. I have tried just about everything I can to conserve battery life. I really isn't a problem for me because I have my Pre charged at my office computer during the day but this battery drain is really disconcerting. I don't know if it is 1.4 or not--probably an isolated case but I really need help to fix this.
  17. xtn
    Global Posts
    711 Global Posts
    First night after 1.4 update mu Pre wen dead from full charge in six hors of NO use. After charging it back up and restarting it though, battery drain seems back to normal.
    It seems like battery life has decreased, but I'm not really sure. I haven't run extensive diagnostics or anything.
    I feel like my battery life has definitely decreased since the update. I usually hardly use my phone at all during the day and leave work still above 90% battery but it's been getting down to the 70s and 60s in the past few days. Tried restarting and stuff and didn't seem to change. Just realized that GPS was turned back on after the update, though, so changed that and maybe that will make a difference. Same with wifi on sleep.
    Last edited by msmith1485; 03/02/2010 at 01:16 PM.
    I'd say mine has gone a little worse, but it's pretty subjective, besides I show off the camera to everyone
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast