1.    #1  
    I'm running into a problem when trying to run Preware after the 1.4 update on my Pre+. I have Preware but it won't finish opening so that I can check up on Apps/Patches.

I get the following error:

Service Method Exception: Exception (-22) : LSMessageReply: payload is not utf-8(/notset:notset():0)

Any thought about what this may mean and what needs to get fixed?
    Attached Images Attached Images
  2.    #2  
    *bump*

100+ views and no ideas?

Any help would be highly appreciated!
    Using Web OS Quick Install, uninstall and reinstall it. Then reboot.

*Make sure to reinstall the package manager service as well.
  4.    #4  
    thanks! I've done that but I'll definitely try it again.
    Global Posts
    76 Global Posts
    I'm having issues with the oackage manager installing but preware doesn't see it...it says its not running but i installed it and rebooted
    I have a problem with preware, it shows 5 updates, and they are from last week, I hit the button update all, and they keep appearing!!
    Global Posts
    311 Global Posts
    i finally installed Preware from the linke below....i had tried several attempts with WOSQI but nothing seemed to work...

Application:Preware - WebOS Internals

unfortunately, i'm having the same probs has some people here.... Preware refuses to finish downloading all the feeds....

any ideas? thanks!
    Palm Pre (Sprint)
    Same here, and Preware keeps hanging up while trying to fix the packages. I was able to update the package manager service though.
    Global Posts
    311 Global Posts
    i finally got it to work.... i went to manage feeds and turned everything off except the webos internals feed....

i was able to get the updated preware and package manager service from there....

then i turned on all the feeds again and they downloaded very quickly!
    Palm Pre (Sprint)
    I had the same problems, just after 1.4 update.

Preware feeds updating - going on and and on and not finishing.

First i updated installed patches using wosqi - this removed the non 1.4 compatible patches. (wosqi does this automatically, when you go into tweaks and device info)

Then i removed and re-installed preware, and the package manager service again using wosqi.

Then in preware i disabled auto feed updating, and set it to manual (preferences /startup)

Then i ran the emergency reconstruction utility patch (linux app /utilities),

Then i disabled all the feeds except the patch feed, and updated feeds till that feed updated.

Then i enabled each feed individually - in turn till they all updated.

Now pre ware is back to normal.

Tho it has failed to update feeds a couple of times, but most of the time feed updating works fine.

:-)
    My Palm Pre is tweakalicious! - Your iPhone is tweakaphobic!
  11.    #11  
    thanks for all the help!

finally got it working, but I can't pinpoint exactly what fixed it (I was trying a couple things). Removed it all, did EPR, cleaned the phone (caught some diseases from a dirty computer), reinstalled PMS and PreWare and everything works now.
    Quote Originally Posted by antmon1 View Post
    i finally got it to work.... i went to manage feeds and turned everything off except the webos internals feed....

i was able to get the updated preware and package manager service from there....

then i turned on all the feeds again and they downloaded very quickly!
    To confirm, I had this problem, and this is all that I did to fix.... Thank you for your help!