Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 39 of 39
  1. #21  
    you could try turning on the phone to see if you have a missed call, just a hint. Yeah it might be a little bug, but nothing really to get that worked up about.
  2. akt83's Avatar
    Posts
    19 Posts
    Global Posts
    62 Global Posts
    #22  
    From what I have noticed, I always get the slow pulse for missed calls/sms/emails only when I'm docked to the touchstone charger. BUT, when I charge with the wall plug or via USB, I get the quick blinks for missed calls/sms/emails. And when the phone is not charging at all, I will get the quick blinks for missed calls/sms/emails.

    Anyone else noticing this? I've tested several times and it seems consistant.
  3. etnpnys's Avatar
    Posts
    115 Posts
    Global Posts
    415 Global Posts
    #23  
    Quote Originally Posted by aktruong View Post
    From what I have noticed, I always get the slow pulse for missed calls/sms/emails only when I'm docked to the touchstone charger. BUT, when I charge with the wall plug or via USB, I get the quick blinks for missed calls/sms/emails. And when the phone is not charging at all, I will get the quick blinks for missed calls/sms/emails.

    Anyone else noticing this? I've tested several times and it seems consistant.
    I don't have a touchstone. My wife and I both have Pres. We charge them every night right next to each other. Every morning we wake up to find that each of us has one email that arrived sometime during the night. For some reason, I think hers is always blinking twice and mine is blinking once in the morning now.
  4. Nrbelex's Avatar
    Posts
    141 Posts
    Global Posts
    194 Global Posts
       #24  
    Quote Originally Posted by etnpnys View Post
    For some reason, I think hers is always blinking twice and mine is blinking once in the morning now.
    Hahaha, thank you. Case in point.
  5. #25  
    I think it's one by land, two by sea...
  6. #26  
    I hate the blinking. I get an email every 10 minutes or more, so the damn thing never stops. How do I turn it off, at least for email?
  7. Freshyz's Avatar
    Posts
    905 Posts
    Global Posts
    926 Global Posts
    #27  
    Quote Originally Posted by yacht_boy View Post
    I hate the blinking. I get an email every 10 minutes or more, so the damn thing never stops. How do I turn it off, at least for email?
    Patch it! 'No LED alert for email', or go to 'screen and lock' and turn it off completely.



    To 'dirtaymcgirt' did you ever hear back from Palm techs on the specifics of what the LED is supposed to do?
    Seems like if I get one notification of any kind I get the slow pulse blink. If that goes unnoticed and I get another notification of a different type it blinks quickly twice. I just can't be sure as it really does seem completely random.. .
  8. miata's Avatar
    Posts
    509 Posts
    Global Posts
    696 Global Posts
    #28  
    Quote Originally Posted by yacht_boy View Post
    I hate the blinking. I get an email every 10 minutes or more, so the damn thing never stops. How do I turn it off, at least for email?
    Screen & Lock Preferences -- at the bottom -- Blink Notifications On/Off. There really does need to be more customization. I'm like you where during the week I get 10-20 email an hour. I would like to only see missed calls and SMS messages an ignore email.

    Maybe next release.
  9. tomc1227's Avatar
    Posts
    1 Posts
    Global Posts
    2 Global Posts
    #29  
    Quote Originally Posted by miata View Post
    Screen & Lock Preferences -- at the bottom -- Blink Notifications On/Off. There really does need to be more customization. I'm like you where during the week I get 10-20 email an hour. I would like to only see missed calls and SMS messages an ignore email.

    Maybe next release.
    Ditto. This feature isn't worth much until Palm lets us discriminate between notification types. Are there any hacks out there for this in the meantime?
  10. Nrbelex's Avatar
    Posts
    141 Posts
    Global Posts
    194 Global Posts
       #30  
    Quote Originally Posted by tomc1227 View Post
    Are there any hacks out there for this in the meantime?
    Not that I know of, and I've tried asking the guys at webos-internals. If people wanted to start a bounty to convince someone to write a patch, I would contribute.

    Otherwise, keep on bringing it up in this thread at the official Palm forum...
  11. etnpnys's Avatar
    Posts
    115 Posts
    Global Posts
    415 Global Posts
    #31  
    Quote Originally Posted by Nrbelex View Post
    Not that I know of, and I've tried asking the guys at webos-internals. If people wanted to start a bounty to convince someone to write a patch, I would contribute.

    Otherwise, keep on bringing it up in this thread at the official Palm forum...
    There already is a patch - isn't there? I don't use it, but I'm pretty sure it's there...
  12. #32  
    I don't know how everyone's phone could be doing different things, lol.

    I am 100% sure, atleast on my phone that the slow pulse blink is for text messages and the fast double blink is for when I get emails.
  13. #33  
    There is a patch, and it's mentioned in the post above. "Disable LED notification for email". It works in 1.4 as well.
    Last edited by davidra; 03/02/2010 at 09:07 AM.
  14. miata's Avatar
    Posts
    509 Posts
    Global Posts
    696 Global Posts
    #34  
    It would be great with you could ignore all email EXCEPT ones that meet specific criteria: sender, urgency, subject string, etc. I would love to see a patch that did that.

    Glenn
  15. Nrbelex's Avatar
    Posts
    141 Posts
    Global Posts
    194 Global Posts
       #35  
    Quote Originally Posted by davidra View Post
    There is a patch, and it's mentioned in the post above. "Disable LED notification for email". It works in 1.4 as well.
    But that patch doesn't do what we want. It (obviously) disables the LED notification for E-mails. All we want is either a consistent LED notification which always works for every type of notification - the way it was in the commented out code up until 1.4, or an intuitive system for different situations (i.e. slow blink for one notification, fast blinks for more, or one blink for texts, fast blinks for everything else.).
  16. djmcgee's Avatar
    Posts
    626 Posts
    Global Posts
    627 Global Posts
    #36  
    Mine definitely only blinks at the rate of the first notification.

    My thinking is who cares so long as it blinks with notifications
  17. nsanders's Avatar
    Posts
    89 Posts
    Global Posts
    203 Global Posts
    #37  
    Mine did a slow blink while it was on the touchstone. But, when I removed it, it quit blinking.
    Nicky
  18. Nrbelex's Avatar
    Posts
    141 Posts
    Global Posts
    194 Global Posts
       #38  
    Well it looks like Palm is on the brink of acknowledging a bug with the LED notifications for missed calls... If only they'd make the distinction clear between the two rapids and one slow when they make the fix...

    If you agree that Palm should use an intuitive system for LED blink notifications, let them know here.
    Last edited by Nrbelex; 03/02/2010 at 07:16 PM.
  19. #39  
    This is so annoying not knowing the difference between slow single blink of quick double blink.

    Also, when I power off my phone, the notification area stays a solid white for 30 or so seconds. I always wait for it to turn off before pulling the battery in case the phone is still performing shut down operations. Anyone have any insight on this?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions