Global Posts
    76 Global Posts
    I have a pixi and im trying to install the iphone spoof patch but it just says error..thank you

doens't give an error code or anything
    heh. to be honest, I've been wondering the same thing since I installed the iPhone Spoof ... how do we know it works?

Does anyone have any good examples of a web page that renders a certain way if the spoof is in place and a different way if it is not? Images appreciated for an anal-retentive comparison! ;-p
    I couldn check da iphone spoof tweak in webosqi
    Global Posts
    76 Global Posts
    go to chase.com if a login prompt comes up its working if it just goes to the normal web page its not...Has anyone installed this with 1.4? Did you get an error?
    Quote Originally Posted by mattfox27 View Post
    go to chase.com if a login prompt comes up its working if it just goes to the normal web page its not...Has anyone installed this with 1.4? Did you get an error?
    Using the "Chase.com Test" ... I do not get the log-in prompt, but instead get a full-blown website login screen.

I am running WebOS 1.4, and the latest update of Quick Install says I have the iPhone Spoof installed.

So, either it's not working, or I do not have it installed correctly (don't know for sure if I ever had it working properly, to be honest). Clear as mud? ;-)
    Global Posts
    473 Global Posts
    Its not working for sure.....my work login page loads in micro sized font without patch loaded......with patch it loads nice size fonts and buttons..........so far no uninstall or reinstall will make the patch work....it may look like its loaded and act as if it loaded via QI but it doesn't work as of 1.4
    T300 - T600 - T650 - T700p - T755p - T800w - Pre
    easy. Go to a site with a flash video. If you click get flash player with the iphone spoof patch is says flash is not available for the iphone. If no patch it says flash is coming to webOS in the first half of 2010.
    my local news site does this.
    iphone spoof no worky
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Is it still not working?
    Works for me. Allhiphop.com will not display properly without the spoof patch. Mine shows up perfectly and I get iPhone advertisement while surfing that site. (the rumors section is my test page).
    clipcarl just updated it! Is working now with 1.4
    I have just installed the iphone spoof, and now im rebuilding my phone from scratch..

i had the error message and the screen went black,, could not turn it back on ,, i had to remove the battery, but the phone will not get passed the initial Palm screen.. not even getting to my theme boot screen. i tried uninstalling the iphone tweek as i could still get to root on the plam but nothing worked ,, i even EPR'd the phone. incase there was was a patch conflict .. I'll try installing the spoof straight away as soon as me phone comes back online . i'll post the error message if i get one :-(

and i just had the phone the way i like it.
    Last edited by mrbee; 03/04/2010 at 10:34 AM.

well story is not so good with this one.. after the iphone spoof tweak crashing my phone.. now web doctor is failing when trying to re set up my phone. basically crashed half way through the update saying that web doctor failed please refer to pam.com. the picture of the chip and big arrow was still on the pre screen.. i eventually got the system backup and running but is was a mix of webOS 1.3 and 1.4. Once i got the phone profile applied i was able to run the doctor again wih the 1.4 jar file.,

and just to be sure if it was a patch conflict i tried the Iphone spoof on a clean 1.4 install

I WOULD RECOMEND THINKING TWICE BEFORE INSTALLING THIS TWEAK. !!!!!

i soon as I click on the install in WebOS QI the screen on the phone goes black, i can still root the pre but have to remove the battery to get any life out of it again . I did try start / stop LunaSysMgr - but removing the battery seems the only way.
    Also not sure exactly what the tracability on this tweak is as there is no record of it installed in the webos patch log file ?

when the phone comes backup up the palm writing appears but never starts to glow / pulse and just stays stuck there.

so once again im taking it to the doctor again just hope i dont have to run it twice this time. this has now taken up 2 hours and i still have no phone.

i am attaching the error that is posted when i run the iphone spoof,,

also my location is eu / ireland , i have tried it on 2 different sim cards. O2 and tescon mobile

I wanted this for google latitude, but think i will wait for the latitude work around patch to be updated ..

This iphone spoof tweak worked a treat for me in 1.3
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Quote Originally Posted by SISGO View Post
    clipcarl just updated it! Is working now with 1.4
    so is this working for you ? Really ? Are you sure ?
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    so is this working for you ? Really ? Are you sure ?
    You sure it's updated now? I'll try it in a bit.
    I agree that this tweak is dangerous. I am currently running WebOS Doctor to reset my phone.

When I tried to activate the tweak, WebOS Quick Install reported errors that my phone was disconnected. Then, the Luna restarted on its own and the phone seemed OK. But, about 15 minutes later, the phone said I was not signed in to any profile and to restart.

After I ran that recovery, I could no longer install apps and would lose my profile every 30 minutes or so. After the fourth time of restoring my profile, I decided to run WebOS Doctor. When it is done, I will let you know how it went.

Problem I forgot to mention is that I cannot install any apps from the Palm App Catalog. I can't even reinstall apps that were installed previously. Just get Install Failed.

WebOS Doctor is done and I still can't install apps. My phone is at default state without Preware or any patches.

You know there is problem with with the Palm Servers right causing your App Install problems and Profile issue...
    Use this link to install the spoof. This version will work with any webOS on any network:

http://forums.precentral.net/webos-p...perfectly.html