1.    #1  
    OK guys i see so many threads with complaints.. but i want to make a thread that just says omg how i love this update and how much better it is in terms of speed and overall user experience improvements. Just from the few hours i have used my update i notice the following

1. major speed improvements with the phone, viewing photos and the app catalog

2. smoother transition between contacts to load up and make a call,

3. Very smooth fade ins/fade outs and overlays. This is a page right out of iphone. loving it

4. Contacts are now a lot smarter and beefier, the mail is a lot better and loads much faster than before, i dont get any errors loadinp up mail from before.

These are just a few features i have noticed. I wanna hear back from you guys though. what are you really digging so far?
  2.    #2  
    thoughts guys?
    seems slower to me
    this really should have been in one of the official 1.4 threads already in place
  5.    #5  
    Its way faster for me. when you take a pic or a video and then preview from thumbnail it loads up quick as hell. overall i think its a lot faster.
    Quote Originally Posted by PreMaster View Post
    OK guys i see so many threads with complaints.. but i want to make a thread that just says omg how i love this update and how much better it is in terms of speed and overall user experience improvements. Just from the few hours i have used my update i notice the following

1. major speed improvements with the phone, viewing photos and the app catalog

2. smoother transition between contacts to load up and make a call,

3. Very smooth fade ins/fade outs and overlays. This is a page right out of iphone. loving it

4. Contacts are now a lot smarter and beefier, the mail is a lot better and loads much faster than before, i dont get any errors loadinp up mail from before.

These are just a few features i have noticed. I wanna hear back from you guys though. what are you really digging so far?
    I wouldn't say that the speed improvements are "massive." In fact I'd say that they are rather modest. Of course 1.3.5 really sped up my Pre so while the improvements that 1.4 brings are noticeable, they are not as impressive as say the jump from 1.0 to 1.1 or the jump from 1.2.1 to 1.3.5. Having said that Messaging and Contacts are a lot faster than they were before and that is certainly appreciated.

But the thing that I really like is the new call history log. I love being able to see all of the phone numbers of a contacts right there in the call history.

I also just tested browser and it now seems to support Anchor tags, those little bookmarks that allow to jump to a certain point in a page. Before 1.4 tapping on a link with an anchor tag in it would just load the page, now the Pre's browser jumps to the position specified by the anchor tag.
    look they couldve released this in january and I wouldve been fine. I don't really care about the small bugs that are happenin becuz there's no way to fix every single bug. So I love the update but am still upset they took so long to release it. The only way to fix bugs is if you release it to everyone becuz you can release it to a small few but there pres might not have anything wrong. So next time release it to everyone then go from there. And I can't wait for flash to be released. That's what I really wanted 1.4 Anyways.