1.    #1  
    I haven't had a problem extracting the files from the past webos doctors to my computer yet with the 1.4 doctor I am.

Can anyone provide insight on how to extract the sprint 1.4 webos doctor to my computer ?

Edit: If you want to run the WebOS 1.4 Doctor (to wipe your phone) go here: http://www.precentral.net/webos-140-...int-o2-verizon

Following the below instructions will not help you... extracting and running the doctor are two completely different uses of the doctor.
    Last edited by MLJones8; 03/02/2010 at 08:51 PM.
    Pre|central Peacekeepers
    Share your Mizzou pride:
    - wallpapers/boot themes - here
    - Black n' Gold theme - here
    Global Posts
    116 Global Posts
    You might have to use the .jar version linked at the below site...

Webos Doctor Versions - WebOS Internals
    Quote Originally Posted by Solen View Post
    use the .jar version linked at the below site...

Webos Doctor Versions - WebOS Internals
    +1

Download the doctor from the link. Question doesn't make sense to me, there is no doctor to "extract"
    you can get them from the .jar MLJones8, I'm extracting it now...
    "When there is no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth"

PM me your questions, If I cant find an answer, I'll show you who can.
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    The problem is that sometimes when you download the doctor it downloads as a .zip file instead of a .jar file. All you need to do is change the .zip to .jar.

If you are using windows vista or 7 make sure you can see the extensions on the windows explorer, if not hit the start button and in the search type folder options. When folder options comes up switch to the view tab, then find "hide extensions for known file types" and make sure it does not have a check mark next to it.
    Then open the windows explorer, navigate to where you stored the webosdoctor file, right click and choose rename, now change the .zip to .jar. Now it should work normally.
  6.    #6  
    Great, thanks all!

Quote Originally Posted by mjkjr View Post
    +1

Download the doctor from the link. Question doesn't make sense to me, there is no doctor to "extract"
    -The file I downloaded form Palm's website wasn't a .jar and thus wasn't extractable.

-Extracting the .jar allows you to browse all the files of WebOS (on your computer)... this is useful for creating themes and repairing files when testing various patches or manual edits.
    Pre|central Peacekeepers
    Share your Mizzou pride:
    I am having a little bit of a problem with this. I downloaded the .jar file but it seems to still be a .zip file. I read your instructions but I don't seem to understand how to convert it to a .jar file. I don't know what to extract when I view the unzipped file. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks
    There is no spoon
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by Blipstein View Post
    I am having a little bit of a problem with this. I downloaded the .jar file but it seems to still be a .zip file. I read your instructions but I don't seem to understand how to convert it to a .jar file. I don't know what to extract when I view the unzipped file. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks
    If you have WinRAR installed on your computer then just right click on the .jar file and click extract... after its extracted open the folder then open the folder titled resources then extract the WebOS.tar ... open that folder and extract nova-cust-image.castle.rootfs.tar.gz ... Then you'll have the full webos extracted and viewable on your computer.
    Pre|central Peacekeepers
    Share your Mizzou pride:
    Quote Originally Posted by MLJones8 View Post
    If you have WinRAR installed on your computer then just right click on the .jar file and click extract... after its extracted open the folder then open the folder titled resources then extract the WebOS.tar ... open that folder and extract nova-cust-image.castle.rootfs.tar.gz ... Then you'll have the full webos extracted and viewable on your computer.
    I extracted WebOS.tar and that just opened up another WinRAR window with a bunch of other files that I have no idea what to do with. Sorry. Any idea what the next move is? Thanks
    There is no spoon
  10.    #10  
    I extracted WebOS.tar and that just opened up another WinRAR window with a bunch of other files that I have no idea what to do with. Sorry. Any idea what the next move is? Thanks
    Yes.

... open that folder and then extract the file: nova-cust-image.castle.rootfs.tar.gz ... Then you'll have the full webos extracted and viewable on your computer.
    Pre|central Peacekeepers
    Share your Mizzou pride:
    Quote Originally Posted by MLJones8 View Post
    Yes.

... open that folder and then extract the file: nova-cust-image.castle.rootfs.tar.gz ... Then you'll have the full webos extracted and viewable on your computer.
    You're gonna hate me I have no idea whats going on right now. I'm about to lose my $hit. Another WinRAR window opened with a bunch of files. I dont know what to do. I have never had this problem with the doctor before. I have unzipped files before and had no problem. I feel like an *** right now.

I just want webOS doctor to open so I can begin.
    There is no spoon
  12.    #12  
    You're gonna hate me I have no idea whats going on right now. I'm about to lose my $hit. Another WinRAR window opened with a bunch of files. I dont know what to do. I have never had this problem with the doctor before. I have unzipped files before and had no problem. I feel like an *** right now.

I just want webOS doctor to open so I can begin.
    Hold on... you want to run the webOS doctor (as in wipe your phone)? These are not instructions to do that. This thread concerns extracting the webOS files to your computer... Not running the doctor. That is completely different.

Edit: if this is the case you want to go here: http://www.precentral.net/webos-140-...int-o2-verizon

And download the other version of the WebOS Doctor
    Pre|central Peacekeepers
    Share your Mizzou pride:
    "How do you extract the 1.4 WebOS Doctor? (sprint) "

Am I crazy or is this not the title of this thread?

The original post is totally relivant to my problem...it seemed anyway.
    There is no spoon
  14.    #14  
    "How do you extract the 1.4 WebOS Doctor? (sprint) "

Am I crazy or is this not the title of this thread?

The original post is totally relivant to my problem...it seemed anyway.
    I'm sorry that the jargon confused you... at least you still will find your needed solution
    Pre|central Peacekeepers
    Share your Mizzou pride: