1.    #1  
    Every time I install something from the App Catalog, I get the "installed" message, but in the application, the "installing" button is still there, and the app is stuck at the full download circle. If I launch the app, it simply launches the app catalog.

If I then run luna manager, and simply hit 'rescan', the app icon becomes normal, and runs. Since the 1.4 update, however, sometimes luna manager's rescan option hangs with the rotating ring.

Preware installations all work properly.

Any ideas what could cause this behavior, and if there is a fix other than an app erase or webos doctor?
    I'm also experiencing this bug
  3.    #3  
    Anybody?
    I have this bug also on some apps, but others apps were fine.
    Global Posts
    627 Global Posts
    similalry, problem with some apps and not others. I have had one that would not install at all, just hung.
  6.    #6  
    Seems to be just things in the app catalog for me. Luna rescan and all is well, but it's annoying having to do that after every single install from the App catalog.
  7.    #7  
    I still have this. Has anybody else having the problem tried to resolve it through erase or WebOS doctor? Did it work? I'm hesitant to do those things with this being my only real problem.
    I just ran into this problem. I don't know if this is the problem or not but this worked for me. Recently, in order to be able to SCP files into the USB partition on my Pre, I followed these steps:

Patch webOS Make USB Partition Writable via SFTP

which essentially changed the owner and group of all files in /media/internal. I took a guess based on some observations of the installer log messages that this change was causing the problem. I undid the change and rebooted the phone. Since then, I can install apps from the App Catalog without getting into that "Installing" state. Well, I installed two in a row successfully after four in a row failing.

Hopefully, this will help.
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by meandmypre View Post
    I just ran into this problem. I don't know if this is the problem or not but this worked for me. Recently, in order to be able to SCP files into the USB partition on my Pre, I followed these steps:

which essentially changed the owner and group of all files in /media/internal. I took a guess based on some observations of the installer log messages that this change was causing the problem. I undid the change and rebooted the phone. Since then, I can install apps from the App Catalog without getting into that "Installing" state. Well, I installed two in a row successfully after four in a row failing.

Definitely need to look into that, since I do exactly that. Weird that root wouldn't be able to do what it wants though.
    : (){:|:&};:
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by meandmypre View Post

That was it.

So, I then tried just making the gid a group my user is a member of, leaving root the owner, and then mounting umask 0002. That didn't work. vfat mounting limitation, I guess, despite it saying that things are mounted the way I want.

Perhaps umask 0000 would work, but I really don't like the idea of any process able to potentially muck with my data.

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction! If you read this, could you be so kind as to letting me know what to grep for in the syslog? Debugging info on WebOS is insane. I wish they'd stop logging so much.
    : (){:|:&};: