1.    #1  
    OK... Hrmm...

After getting to the point where I could finally install some patches (only did one, did Luna reboot, all was good) Preware is now locking up my entire system.

This is off FRESH COLD BOOT, nothing else running - gives me critical memory error (Too many cards) and freezes hard. Every so often, it'll come back and the wheel will spin...

Once, Orange+SYM+r rebooted it, but second time I tried i had to use POWER+rocker+rocker+rocker+RELeASE POWER to get a reboot to work...
    (EDIT: By the way, that's awesome how option 2 fades out the screen with a sepia/postapocalyptic look :-D )

Can server issues cause Preware to glitch this hard? Or should I be looking at uninstalling or reinstalling via WebOSQuickInstall? WebOS Doctor??

Or just hang tight until Preware servers aren't so crowded?
    Last edited by funktron2x; 02/27/2010 at 09:15 PM.
    same thing happening to me
    Just happened to me a few minutes ago.
    Preware servers are taking a huge hit with bandwidth due to 1.4.This will cause Preware and Repos feeds from WebOS Quick Install to error out or not load at all. Give it a day or two for the servers to slow down.
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    I am having the same issue.. Was not doing this all day when trying to run preware.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by Achill3s View Post
    Preware servers are taking a huge hit with bandwidth due to 1.4.This will cause Preware and Repos feeds from WebOS Quick Install to error out or not load at all. Give it a day or two for the servers to slow down.
    Good to hear, thanks! Always hope it's the mad rush instead of the mad REINSTALL!
    Same is happening to me
    I get that preware is busy but why the "critical memory error: to many cards open"? I don't even have any cards open and it freezes my phone so I can't even unlock it. I restarted and pulled the battery...any other ideas?
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    happened to me early today, was not sure what was going on thought I might have corrupted a file or something. So uninstalled package manager and preware via quick install then reinstalled them. have not had any problems loading since except it is really slow downloading feeds at times.
    Handspring Visor Deluxe, Platinum; Visor Phone, Palm Zire 72; Treo 270, 700p; Centro x2; Pixi, Pre
  10.    #10  
    Meh, I'll probably try that when I get home, then.

Having trouble getting QuickInstall to work on this Leopard Mac... And don't feel like screwing around with it much.

EDIT: NM, dumb me missed a step. Easy peasy.
    Last edited by funktron2x; 02/27/2010 at 10:08 PM.
  11.    #11  
    Used WebOS QI to install all patches. Smooth as butter, phone is rocking 1.4 with everything apropos.
    i havent noticed a problem, but a friend of mine is having issues
    This is happening to me also....however, it also happened to me with 1.3.5.1 running earlier today. Have not been able to get Preware up all day and now after 1.4 still have the exact same issue...so probably a server issue. Just gonna wait I guess....
    I had the same issue - mine was solved by this thread:

http://forums.precentral.net/webos-a...eware-app.html
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TBarb169 View Post
    I had the same issue - mine was solved by this thread:
    +1 -- worked for me,too