Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    116 Global Posts
    Anyone else having problems trying to send video via MMS to someone else? I recorded a 1 second video at 250KB using the Pre, and then sent it via MMS, but so far the recipient doesn't receive anything but the text. If I e-mail the video, they can download it and play it fine. The recipient uses a Blackberry on Sprint, but I don't think that would be a problem, and they can send videos via MMS to me without issues. I'm also on Sprint.
    I have sprint and have been sending vids back and forth to my daughter and her pixie all day via mms,,no problems
    Global Posts
    116 Global Posts
    Maybe it's an issue when sending to non-webOS users...Anyone sent a recorded video in MMS to a non-webOS user?
    very possible since BBerry phones view MMs differently. Try sending it to a non-bberry phone that can accept MMS.
    I am gonna try
    I have been tryin to send a video to youtube since 4:59pm and the video is only a min long and it's now 6:02pm and the video is still uploading. I had to call sprint because my web service stop workin but we got that fixed but the video still not working. I sent a mms at 12:35pm but the person I sent it to said they got a message but no video. Wassup anyone else having this issue
    sent one to wifes centro and she got itin 2 mins,,when she tried to play it it worked fine. I have been uploading vids to facebook all day in under 30 secs.
    the person I sent the video to had a treo, and the video I sent to youtube finish uploading but when I try to look at it from youtube it said it can't find this video
    Global Posts
    116 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Achill3s View Post
    very possible since BBerry phones view MMs differently. Try sending it to a non-bberry phone that can accept MMS.
    Thanks, I'll try this next...
    i sent video to my brothers iphone and my friends crappy flip phone on verizon. They both got it in a few mins. Verizon has a limit as to how long it can be and i got a txt saying they might not get it depending on length but they got it.
    Global Posts
    116 Global Posts
    Ok, sent video MMS to a Verizon BBerry Storm user, worked perfectly. Thanks for all the feedbacks, must be my girls BBerry 8530 having problems with MMS formats.

Very happy now!
    I have tried to send a video via mms to my wifes pre and daughters pixie and bot were a no go. Ended up doing it via email. they sent some to me with no luck...?
    to upload video, wi-fi is much better reliablity. to MMS verizon customers, have to crop video to < 1 MB (about 4 seconds max). Is there some way to reduce the quality of the video (I don't need high-res if can send longer clips).
    I tried to send a 20 second file to my wife's feature phone on T-mobile and got a SMS back about the possible size limitation of the receipients service... she never got the video! There has to be a way to reduce the resolution for sending.. Maybe in 1.4.1?
    Still waiting to hear back from other PRe user on Sprint about whether or not he got the vid I sent him via MMS. Email worked and Facebook upload worked as well, no issues there. It was really quick as well....

The email vid played back really nicely. Volume was much louder on email version compared to Pre version (Pre vid volume seems really low even though volume is at max).
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    upload to youtube not showin I did it once now not there can anyone help
    Global Posts
    29 Global Posts
    So is there a verdict? Its obvious that MP4's that the Pre makes is way to large for other carriers, thru MMS. Why didn't they make them record at 3gp like every other phone? My wife tried to send me a video from her Pre to my Hero and/or iphone and it says too large. Tried a 4 second video, 30 second video, and so on. Dang 4 second video on the Pre was 1.9mb. I sent her one from the Hero that was 7 seconds that was 321 kb. Crazy....no point in having a phone that takes video when you can even MMS it to someone?!?
    I have been trying to send video to family members all morning (this is my first attempt at sending video). So far all of the messages fail at sending and I get notice to "try again." I'm getting great reception where I am and one of the family members has an iphone so I figure at least one of them should get it. Video is about a minute long. Tried sending a 3 sec video, same result. What is going on here?
    Global Posts
    32 Global Posts
    i cannot send videos to anyone outside of webos...i limited the vid to 3 secs and still wont work but i know two people with pres and it works fine, i just cant send to non webos users
    I tried sending a 20 sec video to a friend with a Verizon Blackberry something and I got a message saying their carrier couldn't handle the awesomeness that was inside the video.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast