Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213 ... LastLast
    Someone mentioned cross posting to Palm. Here is a thread that may be of interest:
    http://forums.palm.com/t5/webOS-Soft...al/td-p/260305

However, officially you should also post a message for palm here www.palm.com/feedback
    Last edited by mikeamoore; 03/21/2010 at 01:58 PM.
    What I would like to see in 1.5

1. A much better and faster music app. The original and remix slow down my Pixi to the point of unusable. And NaNplayer is taking to long.

2. Visual voicemail

3. Voice memos. Really? We don't have this feature.

4. Bluetooth file transfer.

5. Some type of "live" wallpaper support. It doesn't even have to be interactive, as long as it moves or does something that will be fine.

6. SPEED!!! Webos is just so slow.

7. Battery life.

8. performance. See 6.
    +1
    []
    It would be nice to have a touchscreen keyboard like the I-phone. Not the app you can download where you type in your sms, then cut and paste to your contact. What the heck is that crap!!
    Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    1. Repeating tasks like the Palm OS
    2. Universal search
    3. Simple memo function with categories (get rid of the hard to read tack board)
    4. Desktop sync

It is interesting how the Treo is a great device for PIM but isn't very connected. On the other hand the Pre does a great job at being connected but is very marginal at PIM. Even though I like the Pre I am still carrying my Treo because of the poor Pre PIM functionality. Was the Pre really designed with business people in mind? I don't work in an office that supports MS Outlook so I always relied on the Palm PIM programs. Imagine my surprise after waiting for my carrier to release the Pre just to find out it is missing classic Palm functionality like universal search. I will stick with the Pre but I must admit that I am still disappointed that Palm didn't seem to honor their long time users. Or maybe I'm in the minority.
    virtual keyboard would be nice, for all the times I'm just listening to music... really :P

also new hardware, at this point I'm not sure if palm can invest so much more in the os when day by day my pre is looking less and less like a slider and more like a helicopter. we need better hardware and a few tweaks. I'm mostly happy with 1.4 as is (+15 or so patches).
    Life moves fast, don't miss a thing
    I would like a built in reminder in the calendar app reminding me to NEVER buy another Palm device, ever.
    JUST KIDDING.... I can wait until 1.6
    The Saint
    I would just like the ability to record my phone conversations.
    Better battery life

A phone app that works flawlessly

Wifi that works like it did in 1.3.5

Ability for apps to (with user's permission) view, add items to main contacts, calendar for any of their sources (exhange, palm, yahoo, google, etc).

Ability for apps to access microphone (with user's permission)

Ability for apps to access and react to and be started from bluetooth
    Everything that KoolKid09 said plus:

1. Signature option for texting

2. The date with the time above the wallpaper

3. Show animation on text message

4. A better sound recording in camcorder mode (you can only hear yourself clearly)

5. Copy text from web
    1. Better text entering: I'm an 'old-school' texter so I really want an onscreen keyboard with a phone pad with T9!!! Oh how I miss T9. There are a LOT of awesome things about the Pre that I love, but the little things like T9 that it doesn't have are huge - and it seems so silly! Like, how do they have all this awesomeness and then leave out stuff so simple that we've all come to rely on? Silly, silly, silly...
    2. And what's with the weekly calendar screen with no times and grids. I shouldn't have to guesstimate (or go into day view) to see what time something starts!
    3. Group categories for contacts.
    4. Voice dialing! (from bluetooth as well)
    5. Better UI with VZ navigator (my NV touch and voyager nav was amazing... this one has some work to do)
    6. On screen phone keypad with T9! (oh wait, did I already say that?)
    If not T9, then some kind of predictive text would be nice.
    I don't really feel like that is a lot to ask - I mean, I'm not asking for them to reinvent the wheel or create some ridiculous new technology - just give us stuff that already exists! Make this phone the one that has everything that is awesome from every other phone out there, plus the awesomeness that it has from just being itself - then it would be PERFECT!
    Grrr.
    Otherwise, awesome phone!
    Quote Originally Posted by nettyspre View Post
    how about a built in file manager system, where you can access all your folders and files right from your phone and move them around or what not
    +1
    First off these are the things I need.
    1. A phone that works. This one will go offline with no notice, cept on the screen. Great if your awake AND watching it.
    2. Did I say a phone that works? I just got a missed call message while I was looking at the phone with full bars. The phone did not RING!!
    3. EAS support for getting my corporate email on my phone, not just on my browser. I get emails that could mean hours or minutes of time where I can do other things and not haing eas I don't check the browser as much.

Wants.
    1. Bluetooth and wireless support. So I can buy a bluetooth keyboard and use it. Printing support, also through bluetooth and wireless.
    2. Battery life inprovement.
    3. Cheaper and more accessories. I paid 39.95 for my phone and 49.95 for the touchstone. Now if I want to buy the orange and black case that it came in, 29.95 is what I heard. Dis chit don't add up.

I could do more with my 755p then with this thing.Don't get me wrong, I've had a PalmV, handspring, Sony Clie and a Treo 755p. I love palm but the problems like the double keyying I also experience need to be fixed.

MAKE US PROUD AGAIN PALM, WE'RE YOUR BIGGEST AMBASSADORS OUT THERE!

First off these are the things I need.
    1. A phone that works. This one will go offline with no notice, cept on the screen. Great if your awake AND watching it.
    2. Did I say a phone that works? I just got a missed call message and a voicemail alert while I was looking at the phone with full bars. The phone did not RING!!
    3. EAS support for getting my corporate email on my phone, not just on my browser. I get emails that could mean hours or minutes of time where I can do other things and not haveing eas I don't check the browser as much.

Wants.
    1. Bluetooth and wireless support. So I can buy a bluetooth keyboard and use it. Printing support, also through bluetooth and wireless.
    2. Battery life inprovement.
    3. Cheaper and more accessories. I paid 39.95 for my phone and 49.95 for the touchstone. Now if I want to buy the orange and black case that it came in, 29.95 is what I heard. Dis chit don't add up.

I could do more with my 755p then with this thing.Don't get me wrong, I've had a PalmV, handspring, Sony Clie and a Treo 755p. I love palm but the problems like the double keyying I also experience need to be fixed.

MAKE US PROUD AGAIN PALM, WE'RE YOUR BIGGEST AMBASSADORS OUT THERE!

Quote Originally Posted by mrolesen View Post
    In my opinion with 1.4.0 webOS has finally achieved a state that it would have been acceptable to launch with; there's no more reason to cry about the state of webOS. The previous 10 months seemed like a paid public beta to me. Now they need to enable the graphics chip on the Pixi and make the webOS GUI be drawn by the 3D chips to make it run more quickly.

I'd like to see the following features next:
    -voice command
    -voice recording
    -bluetooth file transfer
    -office document creation and edit capability
    -desktop sync
    -spice up the calendar so professionals can rely on it
    -spice up the contact list with categories/groups
    Wow...what he said + Voice DIALING please!
    Oh, and performance, performance, performance. I don't mind waiting for an app to load, but once up, I don't want sluggishness, lag or seemingly frozen screens.
    1. Date picker that shows the calendar month for selecting a future event.
    2. More robust options for custom recurring events like the old Palm OS had.
    3. Ability to purge emails.
    4. Colored events in the month view of the calendar would be a nice touch.
    5. Ability to share a web address via SMS.
    6. Most importantly, a small, simple interface to add notes (i.e. memos) from a computer using a full-sized keyboard. Anyone who had a Palm in the past knows this was one of the most utilized and beloved features. I have hundreds of memos, but none of the current options are slick enough. I have no desire to go back to Palm Desktop, at this point. Why not a small executable from Palm on my PC that can interface with and edit my notes (and tasks)?! The current Notes application is the only one I never use. The old Memos application was the primary reason I felt loyal to my old Palm devices (V; Vx; Tungstens 1,2,&3; Treo 700p). You could cut and paste articles or lectures, clip from webpages, digitize your recipes, keep medical records, journal, turn a menangerie cluttered stickies into organized categories. It was simple and lightning fast without formatting hassles. Now analysts are talking about the loss of brand loyalty with cloud-based computing. I agree. This one old application made people attached to a treasure trove of easy to edit portable notes that never stopped growing. It's too bad it has been overlooked. I like my Pre, but I don't have that same feeling of allegiance.
    Last edited by grasshoppa; 04/15/2010 at 02:33 PM.
    you aren't running the patch for that? i have battery icon AND % because i like the look but there are a few different options for the battery in wosqi repository.

PS....i'm still looking for the BT keyboard recognition so i can pull out the full size KB in a bar and write stories like i did with the treo. bar people make great character inspiration
    Quote Originally Posted by wonko View Post
    Here are my requests:

1. Backup and restore via PC
    2. Backup and restore via PC
    3. Backup and restore via PC
    4. Restore and Backup via PC

The last one is optional
    Let me introduce you to PreImage...

http://forums.precentral.net/web-os-...-preimage.html

========

Personally, I'm only missing two things from webOS

(1) Mic APIs [bet ya didn't see that coming!]
    -and-
    (2) HOTKEYS (aka: keyboard shortcuts)!!!

Why in God's name would you release a phone with a keyboard that has no shortcut combinations built-in.... and then keep the phone without shortcut combinations for close to a year?? WHY?!??!?

EDIT:

Oh yea, and...

(3) Fix the "zoom ALL the way in" feature in the web browser. Just zoom to the width of the text field, and then I can zoom in from there if I need to. That is the most half-baked thing, and I can't figure out why nobody cares to fix it.
    i would like the ability to sync to my linux laptop among all the other suggestions mentioned.
    - Proper Unicode support, music player crashes with my files and I had to rename all of them
    - Updated Google Maps with Google account support (layers), StreetView, Search History
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213 ... LastLast