Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 ... LastLast
    I love 1.4. Thx for that Palm

OnTopic:
    - Bluetooth file transfer would be much appreciated
    - Paid apps in europe, canada and so on :P
    - Youtube landscape! <-a feature that should have been in 1.0 already!
    - Messenger landscape.
    - Email landscape.
    - Maybe some optimization and support for Preware :P
    - And last but not least: A build in possibility to delete/copy/relocate files in the 8GB-storage AS WELL AS a build in app to remote-use a computer/mac via wifi
    Here are my requests:

1. Backup and restore via PC
    2. Backup and restore via PC
    3. Backup and restore via PC
    4. Restore and Backup via PC

The last one is optional
    PalmPilot => PalmIII => Palm 300 => Treo 600 => Treo 650 => Treo 700 => Treo 750 => Palm Pre
    PRE NEEDS SPELL CHECK - still find it unbelievable that all other major smart phones have spell check and in PRE it doesnt exist. Just tried a friends DROID and the spell check is great..Also former Bberry owner worked excellent there also.... Please.... COME ON PALM......

well maybe two things.... AND an on screen keyboard for horizontal format....
    I'd like to see tethering supported by Palm.
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveKNOWS View Post
    PRE NEEDS SPELL CHECK - still find it unbelievable that all other major smart phones have spell check and in PRE it doesnt exist. Just tried a friends DROID and the spell check is great..Also former Bberry owner worked excellent there also.... Please.... COME ON PALM......

well maybe two things.... AND an on screen keyboard for horizontal format....
    Not sure what you mean about Droid spell check as there is no spell check on the Droid. What there is is auto-correct which doesn't work very well. I have a Droid and hate it with a passion. I'm still in my 30 day window and have been trying to figure out whether the problems I'm having with Droid (no full activesync support) are present on the pre plus.
    Let's get serious about the speed of the UI here. I mean, isn't that what we all want? I want there to be hardware acceleration going on. Would this actually be better for the battery life if the CPU and the GPU work together, like scaling? Other than that, push notifications would be nice, like Apple has done. I would love to get everything from one connection to Palm's servers. I am tired of having my Gmail pushed, my twitter checked every 30 minutes, and my FeedReader checked every hour. 1 connection would be great. So, in conclusion:

~Speed
    ~Push throughout apps
    ~More customization
    Quote Originally Posted by isotope View Post
    I'd like to see tethering supported by Palm.
    carriers won't let them if you're not paying for it/ they don't offer tethering plans so not gonna happen
    Again. Local sync for Mac.
    Global Posts
    403 Global Posts
    Despite all of the other annoying issues, the one that prevents me from using my Pre the most is the fact that when I am zoomed in on a page and typing something, the screen doesn't follow the cursor. So what happens is I am typing blindly (which would be OK if it weren't for the double/missed letter issues). The screen should scroll so that the cursor is always visible while typing!!!!

There should also be an option for "Lost Phone" on the PIN lock screen, so that if you lose your phone, you can put contact info there and there is a chance someone will return it to you.

If the phone is PIN locked, there is no real reason to have to unlock the screen. I shouldn't have to press the power button, drag the lock, THEN enter a PIN if the phone won't do anything until the PIN is entered anyway.

The screen shouldn't lock when it shuts off. If it is sitting on my desk untouched or I am reading an email for 31 seconds and the screen shuts off, there is no reason for it to lock itself. The screen lock should be on a separate timer, like the PIN lock.

One-gesture move for closing an open app (instead of minimizing it and then swiping it away)

The gesture area should be used for moving the cursor/selecting text, in addition to the main screen. How am I supposed to see what I'm selecting if my hand is in the way (eg. if I am selecting text at the bottom of the screen)?
    1. Recurring/floating tasks
    2. Task categories
    3. Task filters (combine specific categories, due dates, priorities, etc.)
    4. Task views (saved filters)
    5. Icon links for specific task views in the launcher

In other words, DateBk6 stripped down to what I actually used

6. Task integration with a cloud based task solution (i.e., RTM or Todoodle)

7. Hardware accelerated UI
    Palm 1000 > Palm Pro > Palm III > Palm IIIe X 3 > Palm IIIc > Palm TT > HTC Wizard > HTC Blue Angel > Palm TX > Zier 31 > Palm T3 > Palm Pre > FrankenPre 2 > TouchPad/Droid/Ubuntu > TP/ICS
    I would like for a larger screen, more realistic keyboard and the email sync to function like it did before the 1.4 update. It doesn't work now.

The only other thing I can think of adding is a collapsible hang glider in case I am at the top of the Empire State Building and all the elevators break down.
    I would like to see.

1. The Total And Complete Death Of The Card-Error!
    2. No More Browser Auto-Refresh.
    3. Spell-Check In Browser And Email.
    4. Auto-Saving Any Text Being Enetered At That Moment In Time. So If The Phone Resets, We Can Paste The Text Back Into Where We Were Writing It.
    5. Faster Phone Restart Time.

There is a lot, but these are the major ones for me.
    1.4 is cool! but im pretty impressed. but id love the connect the dots unlock screen instead of the 4number or passcode options. c'mon palm!!!! better battery life of course! thts all i can think about for now!
    Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    Can't view so many attachments... flash, wmv
    1. Better battery life!!!!
    2. Camera zoom
    3. Voice recorder
    4. Better battery life!!!!
    1) List view in calendar (see Agenda)
    2) Universal search for calendar, mail, messages
    3) Synergy-extension for Twitter/Buzz/... and 'last status' in contacts
    4) Include SMS and linked contacts (i.e. manual synergy-links) in daily backup to Palm
    a) Integrate photogallery with picasa, flickr, ...
    5) Keep up the good work ;-)

edit: wait a second, found another thing. I gave it a letter instead of a number
    Last edited by ltjSpin; 03/18/2010 at 07:51 PM.
    Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ltjSpin View Post
    2) Universal search for calendar, mail, messages
    4) Include SMS and linked contacts (i.e. manual synergy-links) in daily backup to Palm
    +1 to both of these! Not that I don't like your other requests, but these two are essential and should have been in there from the start as I'd bet most PalmOS users would agree. We seem to have been partially forgotten in the move to the more flashy OS. I understand why some believe in function following form these days (we expect the marketing types live by that credo), but people who actually use smart phones for their functionality are still being sold short.
    1. Universal search to include calendar...Almost a deal breaker. My whole business is in there. The old calendar could search. Need this.
    2. A really good virtual keyboard that would enable us to not need to open the palm at all if this was our choice. That would satisfy everybodys choices for physical or virtual keyboard.
    3. A real word correct like iphone has. Seems simple...
    ugh
    - better youtube app that you can sign in
    - battery life
    - facebook chat
    - better lock screen (its really clunky and windows mobile like in my opinion)
    - no auto refresh in browser
    - widgets for the home screen like facebook, texting, weather, and others (Not just like android but something there as an option would be nice)
    - NO MORE CARD ERROR!!
    - speed enhancments
    - official virtual keyboard
    - Voice recording
    -visual voicemail

Theres more but i cant remember now to many but if you do all that ill be a happy camper untill i find more problems and well do this again and is it just me or do you think palm is getting lazy because of all the hacking done on the pre, and MAKE FREAKING WEBOS AVAILABLE TO OTHER DEVICE MAKERS IF YOU WANT YOUR COMPANY TO SURVIVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    A new hardware platform with current specs and a high quality build.
Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 ... LastLast