Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast
    theres not even an english virtual keyboard (officially) so i think not
    GPU / OpenGL integration into the UI. Oh Palm God's please! I want Butter smooth & Lag Free scrolling.

That, and BT File transfer Support.
    First Evar 1.4.0 Screenshot's Leaked By Your's Truly
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow-360 View Post
    GPU / OpenGL integration into the UI. Oh Palm God's please! I want Butter smooth & Lag Free scrolling.
    indeed. But when I heard they hired the AMD guy for it back in what, October? I knew we would not likely see it until webOS 2.0 with "Pre 2." Right now, I just hope whatever they do, will also benefit the original Pre.

So my realistic 1.5 wishes are more hooks for developers, better support for say flickr and google (when you hit back while browsing flickr, it likes to go back to the book marks. gmail/reader load better on an iphone, not to mention the floating archive button they get). better battery life.

I would love to see enterprise level WPA2 support. I want to sign on at work, but can't. Have to use the unsecured connection and a web login. Very annoying since I can't roam from hotspot to hotpot with that.
    Global Posts
    127 Global Posts
    Exchange HTML email support!
    1. A way to organize bookmarks so that sites can be accesses quickly instead of scrolling forever to find the bookmark your looking for.

2. A scroll bar down the right side of the screen so that you can tell how close you are to the end of a list of posts or the bottom of a web page.

3. Fix the battery life!

4. Camera zoom
    Good list. Ditto on all of it, with a '++' for voice commands and BT keyboard.
    Better bluetooth profiles (file transfer, BT keyboards), more voice-enabled and voice recording features, Better email (SMTP) support, Video recording at DVD resolution, Better SDK/PDK for apps like GPS Navigation (for us poor GSM people!), Speed boost (UI), better Battery Management...That's it..it would be perfect then!!!
    1. OpenCL support / Faster UI response
    2. Drastically improved battery life
    3. Autocorrect that actually works
    Global Posts
    2 Global Posts
    2 things:

1. Speed. The "app loading icon" only slows things down! WHY WHY WHY did they add this in 1.4?? IMO this ruined a perfectly good OS. I now, for the first time, can say that I do not like web OS.

2. Battery life. Even with wifi off and getting a good signal, the battery life is terrible.
    Quote Originally Posted by avrfreaks View Post
    Agree with the OP. Recurring tasks is the only thing holding me back from purchasing a Pre (and is the reason I returned mine on launch day).

The inability to set END DATES o recurring tasks is unbelievable. Typically, you have meetings every monday for the next 10 weeks, little league all spring, etc. I can't believe they left this out (or made it hard to find) when Palm Pilots had this a decade ago.

Also, the interface to set dates/times/recurring tasks on the calendar needs to match that of Google (or Palm Pilots). Scroll bars, calendar pages, etc.

Also, related to that, the ability to see text in any view (a la Palm Pilots...). A bunch of rectangles is pretty weak - how about showing as much text as possible in any view?

For non-calendar issues, ability to sort/organize/edit/hide videos/music/media,

And finally, I know it sounds silly, but I like the way-out-there ideas posted here (tazer, robot, etc.). Maybe in webOs 2.0? Something very fun, new, and unique. Something like the old Visor Springboards (they had modules to turn Visors into smart phones, cameras, gps, recorders, translators, messagers, bar-code scanners, car code readers, wifi/bluetooth, etc.). The "special sauce" venture capitalists always talk about.

Imagine if your Pre rolled off its touchpad at 6:00am and zapped you to wake you up ;-> Or killed evil centipede-like things while jedi were in the next room brooding about how unfair life is?
    KA1
    Visor Deluxe->Visor Prism/Digital Link->Treo 650->Treo 700p->Pre->GSM Unlocked Pre 2 (wifi only)->FrankenPre + Touchpad 32 ->+ Touchpad 4G ATT + ATT Pre3 + 64 White Touchpad... bliss.
    Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    1. Allow a basic backup on the desktop. It doesn't have to be a full software solution, but it would be nice to have the option to manually backup EVERYTHING on the Pre and have an easy restore.

2. Implement the Smartreflex feature officially. If a bunch of people in their spare time can implement this in a patch, it really shouldn't take too long for an officially tested patch to come out. Really this may have cut down on battery life complaints awhile ago.

3. Let developers work with the mic. I'm sure that independent developers would come out with a number of helpful apps and patches once they were given that freedom.

4. FLAC/OGG/WMA support in music player. If you could somehow beat a Zune Pass license out of Microsoft, that would be heaven.
    I'd like for Palm to replicate (at least) the Tasks functionality that we had on the Treos!
    a app that i can listen into peoples cell phone conversations
    a app that will tell me exact gps locations of police officers on the highway
    all the prls of evdo roaming on verizon
    a beverage opener
    an alarm system when someone enters the wrong password
    vehicle monitoring critical fluids and parts
    fm radio
    satellite radio
    ability to control government lazers to zap iran
    ability to pm everyone to vote to impeach obama
    a radar detector app

thank you mytether
    I don't want any new features in 1.5.

I want them to fix every known software bug they can and do what they can with battery life.

New features are nice, but you don't build a third floor if your foundation is cracking.
    Global Posts
    26 Global Posts
    how about a built in file manager system, where you can access all your folders and files right from your phone and move them around or what not
    Global Posts
    411 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mattykinsx View Post
    I don't want any new features in 1.5.

I want them to fix every known software bug they can and do what they can with battery life.

New features are nice, but you don't build a third floor if your foundation is cracking.
    After seeing things get broken that worked fine 1.3.5.x my wish list is like this now.

#1 Don't break ANYTHING else
    #2 Don't break request #1
    #3 Add whatever but don't break requests 1 or 2

Honestly, sexy is nice but you have got to have reliability if you want people to treat this as a must have device and not a toy.
    A better Home screen. The webOS homescreen is the most boring home screen Ive ever seen. 4 icons and a wallpaper? The lack of customization kills me. The iPhone is more customizable.
    Software keyboard that is GOOD.
    How about a release of a new device? With a screen that is 3.5 inches or bigger. Add that software keyboard in, even take out the physical one if needed! Ugh, ive been jealous of the iPhone lately.
    Wait, I lied. Make copy and paste easier! Seriously, the iPhone method is nearly perfect. If I were get a new hardware device, give me same form factor as Pre Plus, but add a bigger screen as mentioned above. With a resolution at 400x800. If you need a better graphics processor in there for the higher res screen, throw that in too. The CPU is fine, seeing as its the same as the Droids and that can be clocked to 1Ghz and up. I don't know how you could fix the battery, but it needs to last a while. The PDK is coming out and were gonna see some great games/apps, but im worried that the tiny little 3.1inch screen of the pre isnt enough for my fat fingers. Im loving the idea of webOS, geeky yet beautiful and im really seeing alot of potential, but pleaseeeee palm, let the c40 be magical, and on VZW. OH, add a freaking compass in there.

And, change the silencer switch to the one like the pixi and/or iPhone. I love that style.
    Last edited by techobsessive; 03/10/2010 at 09:50 PM.
    I'd like to see 1.5 shelved until they can get 1.4 right. they've got 9 chances before it hits 1.5. Let's just hope it doesn't take all nine attempts.
    Quote Originally Posted by jp99 View Post
    After seeing things get broken that worked fine 1.3.5.x my wish list is like this now.

#1 Don't break ANYTHING else
    #2 Don't break request #1
    #3 Add whatever but don't break requests 1 or 2

Honestly, sexy is nice but you have got to have reliability if you want people to treat this as a must have device and not a toy.
    Pixi: Sold. Pre: Passed off to another rep. Touchpad: Just a toy until Cloud syncing arrives, and a better doc editor.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bujin View Post
    I would like a built-in Tazer, that zaps you if you post about 1.6 the day after 1.5 comes out.
    +1
    i would have said it but then again .. i dont want to get banned on this forum
Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast