Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast
  1.    #81  
    Cross-posting at Palm is an idea, too!

So is being able to read all and delete all email without needing a patch.
    --------------------

Palm Pilot Pro > Palm IIIx > Palm V >
    Palm VII > Treo 755p > Palm Pre!

... and they're all still floating around
    my house somewhere, too...

--------------------
    1 - Voice control, living in a state that requires hands free this would be a God send, even before it was law I loved it on my Curve's voice functions.
    2 - like others have said, more complete syncing and more robust calendar / task tools
    3 - Make some of the patches official such as personalized ring-tones, message tones, themes, and other interface customization tools so us patchers aren't the only ones that get to enjoy that stuff
    4 - speed, speed, and more speed, our OS GUI should run as smoothly as flippin Need For Speed
    5 - Umm... my list is getting shorter with each update, I'm happy Palm has been very proactive on addressing our needs / wants. I know they're a smaller company and don't have the resources to just squash all the concerns we have, not that it's an excuse, I just understand the timing. My hope is by 2.0 there will be a sexy new wimax device (oh Lord please with a bigger screen) and most of our checklists are handled nicely.

BIG FAT EDIT: I just realized as a patcher / Preware junkie there are a lot of features I take for granted that aren't native features to the OS, such as "mark all as read" or "delete all", accelerameter in emails, blah blah blah. I guess for one the patching community will always be around, but it would be nice if some of the "no brainer" features were part and parcel to the OS. Everyone is going to have a different opinion on which ones those are, but... yeah
    Quote Originally Posted by trojandrew View Post
    1 - Voice control, yeah
    I was given a Jawbone for my b-day last year. I tried to like it. I liked it eventually. Especially when I hooked it to a phone that had voice commands on it for a short while. Mostly though I used it on my new pre. Until I broke the wire that goes around your ear ! What a cheap piece of crap I thought for the 140 bucks they spent on it for my b-day. Good thing they bought the 2 year warranty at Best Flies. So Today I went for a new one. They insisted I had to get the same model Jawbone which listed for 90 bucks.. I said "you mean its not a store credit !, I could buy 3 of the one I bought my son that I like for that amount. jeeez." I have to always turn off the jawbone feature cause it is never in contact with my face. Someday I will read the way to keep it off by default, but who has time these days...
    Thing is, if my pre had voice commands, I might like my 2 million dollar Jawbone bluetooth device that makes me look like George Micheals, a little bit more. Maybe not. But I would buy a different one just to celebrate !
    Which way to the java script for dummies thread ?
    4X4 icon option

Selling my Palm things: just make an offer: http://forums.webosnation.com/market...nd-offers.html
    Definitely a customizable lock screen with the black clock screen as an option. A must when using the touch screen. I would also like the ability to turn off the screen at night on the touchstone so I can have it next to my bed and sleep. I'd also like Yahoo IM in synergy on Verizon. Probably a carrier issue but no reason that Yahoo and MSN should have been left out. Would like voice dialing being that the law is so restrictive about using the phone in the car.
    -An easier way to move and arrange icons. Wow that is painful
    -Access to data files so we can back up application data before doing a hard reset or getting a new Pre when the keyboard starts to Oreo
    -categories
    - invitees for appointments and meetngs
    -built in themes and tweaks
    -flash
    -did i mention making it easer to rearrange icons in the launcher?
    New hardware. I just want a new WebOS phone.
    Global Posts
    1,714 Global Posts
    All of the messengers. I know that there's hacks and plugins for that but I don't understand any of it. Also separate ringtone volume for phone and notifications. Font control without a patch or hack.
    better GPU utilization and speed. I don't understand why apps seem to take a while to load, then you come across the "WoW Armory" and wonder why/how it loads so fast. Seriously. If you don't play wow, dl it just to see the speed.
    people call palm and tell them all these things that we want to see added to all webos devices,the more people call in the better it is for us to see all these improvements. Typing this msg on the pre sucks,cuz you have to keep moving the screen from side to side to see what ur typing.
    Someone mentioned a TV app that is free for Sprint. Um, Sprint TV, with the exception of the premium channels, IS free. Inclusive to your data package. That said:

1. Docs2Go. I realise this is not Palm's issue per se, but I agree with the poster that said Palm needs to light a fire under DataViz's a**.

2. BlueTooth Keyboard support. I could totally replace carrying my 10lb laptop to class for note-taking this way.

3. Desktop Sync. While I do currently back up to GMail, and haven't had an issue, a basic sync app for my comp, (Palm built) would be nice. I also refuse to pay out money for something that should have been included.

4. App Data backup. Some of my apps, such as Fuel, would be nice to be able to back up. I realise some of these apps already offer a export/import option, and kudos to the devs of those apps, but I forget to back them up often. A native back-up solution for app data would be stellar.

5. Colours in Month View in Calendar. I have to join those scratching their heads at the lack of this functionality. We have it in week view. Did the programmer for the calendar forget to program this feature?

6. Voice Commands. Jumping on the band wagon here. Not only is it safer, but I've kids approaching driving age, and am firmly in the camp of children learn behaviour best from modelling. If I MUST make a call while driving, it would be nice to do it hands-free.

7. Voice Recorder. I miss this feature desperately from my old phones. This is a basic feature, Palm. Why is it missing from a device as advanced as the Pre?

8. Ignore Call with Text. Not only the ability to do this, but the ability to set user-defined pre-programmed messages that would come up in a drop-down, so a quick response such as "In a meeting, will return your call in 60 min" or a custom message could be sent.

9. FULL control over contacts. Synergy is awesome. I do truly love it. I would like the ability to go back into the contacts and delete people I do not want in my contact list. I have 115 friends on my FB, all of them personally known friends or family. I do not necessarily want all 115 of them in mt Pre's contact list. I have Google Talk contacts that I don't chat with that cannot be removed without deleting my GTalk account. It is MY Pre. I should be able to fully control who stays in my contacts or not. Let the Synergy pull them all, that's fine. But let me edit them, and allow an option to keep deleted contacts from automatically re-synching.

All that aside, I do adore this phone. There is no other device on the market I'd rather have right now. The work and development, the updates we've received have been nothing short of phenomenal. It's a growing OS, still in it's infancy, and I think we can expect amazing things from it if we're patient through the growing pains. Keep up the good and steady work Palm.
    Just came up with two (which might already be listed):

I want Palm to include the option to play 'WMA or WMV' files. People have been wanting iHeart Radio and that needs the Windows Media Codecs.

I saw in the first post the Read/Delete ALL.

I want to be able to Search for Messages (example from someone) and then do a DELETE ALL of the FOUND messages.

Right now, with the patch, it will only do a DELETE ALL on ALL the message in a folder (usually INBOX).

I only want to DELETE ALL the messages from the SPAM Mail or the ***hole!

Rob
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    - Palm Pre (Sprint) - formally Palm Treo 650
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3
    Model: P100EWW
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware: CC1.4(510)

Agree with the OP. Recurring tasks is the only thing holding me back from purchasing a Pre (and is the reason I returned mine on launch day).
    a real homescreen,like the one on windows mobile,or a lockscreen like the one on jailbroken iphones using intelliscreen.
    i want my appointments ready to see when i turn on my pre...
    Global Posts
    343 Global Posts
    There are a few things I'd like to see.
    1. Voice dialing.
    2. Ability to save attachments.
    3. Some sort of file explorer.
    4. Categories & recurring appointments/events for calendar.
    5. Better BT function (all BT headsets sound worse with Pre).
    6. Desktop sync.
    7. I like the suggestion to have the Delete All from a searched list as well.
    Global Posts
    343 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rykatemom View Post
    9. FULL control over contacts. Synergy is awesome. I do truly love it. I would like the ability to go back into the contacts and delete people I do not want in my contact list. I have 115 friends on my FB, all of them personally known friends or family. I do not necessarily want all 115 of them in mt Pre's contact list. I have Google Talk contacts that I don't chat with that cannot be removed without deleting my GTalk account. It is MY Pre. I should be able to fully control who stays in my contacts or not. Let the Synergy pull them all, that's fine. But let me edit them, and allow an option to keep deleted contacts from automatically re-synching.
    Oh, and I really like this suggestion. In addition to this, I have some people who I know on FB who are idiots and don't know how to fix their contact information.
    I'd like to be able to change their phone numbers (or the type of phone number) within that contact. I totally get that I can't change it on their FB page...
    Working PDF reader and decent apps in UK is all I can think of.
    Absolutely mental Depeche Mode fan since 1988, iPhone themer, app UI design, PM me for anything graphics-wise.
    Voice dialing
    Wifi data transfers
    Bluetooth data transfers
    Global Posts
    921 Global Posts
    Windows Live email/calendar/contact syncing.

Bluetooth OBEX file transfers. (I loved sending music and photos) to/from my laptop.
    Arabic Language Support and an Arabic keyboard...
Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast