Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast
    @ allofthepeople------

you should probably go get an android phone then . They ave widgets galore. This is a palm pre and I like my background wallpapers unobstrucked .
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Quote Originally Posted by animemom View Post
    Now that we're all getting used to what 1.4 does - and doesn't - have, I thought I'd start a thread to see what everyone would like to see in the next webOS update.

Here's my short list:

1. Recurring tasks! The old Palm OS had this, why not the webOS? As much as I may not want to, I'd like a reminder in my task list every month that I have to pay my phone bill, etc.

2. Zoom option for Camera. Again, my Treo 755p has it. Why not the Pre?

3. Customize Lock Screen. Not the one that requires a PIN to release, but the plain old black screen with the digital clock and padlock. I'd like to have the ability to make this screen my choice of images.

4. Delete/Read all email. I know there's a patch for it, but how much effort would it take to include this in webOS?

5. Bluetooth file exchange capability with my laptop. Once again, my Treo can do it...

6. Easy way to delete bundled apps, mainly NFL and NASCAR. Yeah, I know, big-bucks sponsors. One can dream!

Anyone else?

Dang... make that "is" an "in" in the thread title...
    Agreed. I'd say that the "BASIC COMMON SENSE/WE HAVE HAD THIS ALL ALONG WITH PalmOS" stuff should have been there to start with.
    For now I'd like to see 1.4.x to hone in all the stuff we have, and get it all working before moving on
    Now that I've had more time to play around with 1.4, I have to add that the Sounds & Ringtones app needs to be expanded. I know that I can assign specific ringtones and alert tones to calendar notifications, incoming SMS, etc., but it would be nice to be able to do that all in one spot -- like Sounds & Ringtones -- rather than having to open each app and assign the sounds there.
    ^ This. I was really surprised to hear my phone vibrate even though I had my ringer switch set to "Mute". I can't think of why it wou...oh wait, I had text message events set to "Vibrate". This takes priority?! It's really obnoxious.
    Sprint Palm Pre
    Everything Data $69
    the ability to use Bluetooth and WiFi in Airplane Mode would be awesome
    how about someone compiles a list of all the things we want in the next update and get someone to post it on the front page of Precentral??? this page gets a lot of web-traffic so I'm pretty sure Palm would take notice of it.
  6.    #66  
    Quote Originally Posted by youngusaplaya View Post
    how about someone compiles a list of all the things we want in the next update and get someone to post it on the front page of Precentral??? this page gets a lot of web-traffic so I'm pretty sure Palm would take notice of it.
    Sounds like a plan to me... but I think that Pre Central would have to okay it, and probably compile it, too. Feedback from any of the Pre Central mods or reps about this??
    --------------------

Palm Pilot Pro > Palm IIIx > Palm V >
    Palm VII > Treo 755p > Palm Pre!

... and they're all still floating around
    my house somewhere, too...

--------------------
    would still be nice to have the option
    Hi. As others have stated, I would love to see these updates:

1. Categories in contacts
    2. Bluetooth file exchange
    3. Voice dialing
    4. Voice recorder
    5. Better battery life

And I would REALLY love to see these:

6. While viewing the calendar in "month view", the ability to see events blocked out in their assigned colors like the "day" and "week" views do. (Sorry if this already exists; I'm a new Pixi owner & still learning about my phone.)

7. Ability to create multiple photo albums while in the Photos app. (Same note as above.)

8. More integration of any Twitter, photo, or social networking app in menu commands.

9. A native multiple IM client messaging app!
  9.    #69  
    Quote Originally Posted by djclue8713 View Post
    ^ This. I was really surprised to hear my phone vibrate even though I had my ringer switch set to "Mute". I can't think of why it wou...oh wait, I had text message events set to "Vibrate". This takes priority?! It's really obnoxious.
    Agree totally. I have my calendar alert, which I set in Calendar Prefs, to a bell sound. While I was just typing now, a calendar alert popped up with the sound for Notifications. Wondering if I have to delete My Notifications now in order for the alert tones I've selected to become the priority ones....?
    --------------------

Palm Pilot Pro > Palm IIIx > Palm V >
    Palm VII > Treo 755p > Palm Pre!

... and they're all still floating around
    my house somewhere, too...

--------------------
    Quote Originally Posted by wallflower585 View Post
    Hi. As others have stated, I would love to see these updates:

2. Bluetooth file exchange
    3. Voice dialing
    4. Voice recorder
    5. Better battery life

And I would REALLY love to see these:

6. While viewing the calendar in "month view", the ability to see events blocked out in their assigned colors like the "day" and "week" views do. (Sorry if this already exists; I'm a new Pixi owner & still learning about my phone.)

7. Ability to create multiple photo albums while in the Photos app. (Same note as above.)

8. More integration of any Twitter, photo, or social networking app in menu commands.

9. A native multiple IM client messaging app!
    Amen!

1. Voice dialing and recording capabilities are a must.
    2. Cursor control would be nice.
    3. Battery life.

In short . . at least the capabilities of the Treo.
    New Features
    - Voice dialing
    - Robust Music Player: Give NanPlayer guy some cash aaannnnd dun
    - Mic API in SDK/PDK: Shazam, Audio Memo, Voice Search/Nav, Mic in games, etc...
    - Touchstone Dashboard: Alarm clock, weather, feeds (FB and RSS), calendar in nice dashboard when on touchstone

Improvements
    - Calendar: Better Exchange syncing (still wonky)
    - Contacts: show all/FB/exchange/AIM button
    - GoogleMaps: Latitude, Street View, Google layers
    - Wireless: Allow File Transfer over wifi
    - Facebook: view FB profile
    - Chat: Voice (skype?), FB Chat integration

Wishful thinking
    - 3D UI with GPU (only if this improves battery life and overall speed)
    - New Touchstone w/ built in Rechargeable Battery and BT-to-stereo
    - EDIT MS OFFICE DOCS ALREADY! (this has been delayed so long, i can only wish)
    1. Windows Live Messenger Client
    2. Voice Recorder
    Global Posts
    570 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    your peobably in for a longer wait than you realize for the next major update . As time goes by the more they fix the less they need to send out updates .
    Not unless their updates introduce new bugs.
    Visor/Sprint Springboard Expansion Module > Visor Platinum > Tungsten E > Centro (work) > Palm Pre
  14. 4AM
    I'd buy a Touchstone charging dock if I could get an iSync plug-in that would also sync music, video, photos, etc.

It's not difficult, just read the iTunes and iPhoto database files, add to them as necessary. Other phones do it, right? SyncML support would also work well with Windows and Linux, as I understand this is pretty standard on those platforms.

Sucks all these companies have to play their reindeer games and sue each other when the rest of us are left with our [expletive deleted] in our hands wondering why, in 2010, our phone can't sync with our computer! And no, I'm not paying $80 for Missing Sync, thanks.
    No Office Suite at this point is just unacceptable: Dataviz is even on Android. Yes it's third party, but Palm needs to do something to get them off their *ss.

Dismiss a call with a text message:
    one of the most useful PalmOS features. Too many damn steps to send a quick text to let someone know I'll call them in a few minutes, an hour, send me a text because I can't talk if it's important or whatever.

link contacts with appointments, tasks and what not. To me this has to do more with synergy than syncing with social websites. C'mon Palm, try integrating within your own OS before worrying about outside apps and websites. Solidify the core before venturing outside. Novel concept.
    Pixi: Sold. Pre: Passed off to another rep. Touchpad: Just a toy until Cloud syncing arrives, and a better doc editor.
    My take:

- Ability to lock Photos/Video folders (or the respective apps). A simple "pin required" would be sufficient, had several dumb phones that did this.

- Actually, ability to pin lock ANY app would be cool. i.e. ...Don't need an 8 year old checking out kamasutra or in your personal finances when he was playing NFS three seconds ago. (Before anyone balks at this, I'm not defending bad parenting...I don't have any kids in the house- jus' sayin'...it'd be a nice option.)

- A consolidated settings page/app WOULD be nice. You could combine most of the "third page" apps into one single app (date & time, regional settings, BT, Sounds, screen, etc...).

- Contacts and Messaging: groups/categories.

- Ability to edit .mp3s for ringtone/notifications. We can edit video (even uploaded video if its in the correct folder), how about letting me pick which section of music I want as a tone?

- Sound recorder- although right now I guess you could technically use the new video recorder for it...all you have to do is put your thumb over the camera lens.

- Voice command.

- MSN Live integration.

- An expanded universal search that searches the phone a little better...see the Droid robot "human" commercial..

- Ability to SMS more than one photo at a time.

- Batt life improvement, however incremental.

- Yes, Palm, take all these homebrew patches and integrate them! Someone said it already...a battery percentage instead of indicator- should be a choice, right? Hey, you could put that right in the consolidated settings page.
    -- Maybe a homebrew/patch application from Palm? Could be separate from the app store, allowing for easy installation of patches for the common "stock" user.

- Video recorder flashlight as a toggle, same as the camera app.

- OMG, fix the camera app shutter/sound lag.

- I also really like the expanded TS ideas. A simple built in photo slideshow would be too cool. ...again, that could be customizable in that new consolidated options app. "Touchstone" --> "When on the touchstone" --> Auto Lock w/Clock; Auto Lock w/Apps Showing; Stay On; Run Slideshow...with options of what photo folder to show. This could be even more customizable by time: go to clock option at bedtime, go to virtual photo frame mode during office hours..it'd be neat.
    Last edited by Binson; 03/03/2010 at 04:44 AM.
    Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    - MORE SPEED!
    - Option to stop new email polling when working in Mail app (slows it WAY down now)
    - Real sync to Outlook, others
    - Improved calendar (with features from PalmOS like search, categories, linking, etc.)
    - Bluetooth file transfer
    - Wireless phone-to-phone transfer of contacts and calendar events for family or team scheduling (like "beaming" did in PalmOS)
    - Dismiss call with text
    - Voice recorder (and audio in video recorder)
    - Edit Office docs
    - Voice dialing
    - A real Facebook app
    - Camera zoom
    - MP3 editor
    - Cursor control

Down the road:
    - FM transmitter (older cars don't have Bluetooth)
    - Bluetooth printing
    Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    2. Bluetooth file exchange or bluetooth photos to printer
    3. Voice dialing
    4. Voice recorder
    5. real facebook app
    6. camers zoom
    7. a gd tv app not paying for sprint tv
    Quote Originally Posted by youngusaplaya View Post
    the ability to use Bluetooth and WiFi in Airplane Mode would be awesome
    Menu > Turn on Airplane mode

Menu > Turn on Bluetooth

Menu > Turn on Wifi

(Airplane mode remains on )

I also think there is or may be a patch to simplify this and save steps.
    Sounds like a plan to me... but I think that Pre Central would have to okay it, and probably compile it, too. Feedback from any of the Pre Central mods or reps about this??
    Don't be so sure. When I called Verizon about the "Dropped/Double characters- flaky keyboard" issue, they called Palm directly cause the rep had no records of it in their knowledgebase at VZW. She called me back about 45 minutes later, and her word back from Palm was "first we have heard of it." I doubt this, but I can't question someone I can't see.

*shrug*

Then again Palm has its own blogs too, maybe we should cross post? lol
    Last edited by copasetic; 03/03/2010 at 09:11 AM. Reason: typos
Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast