Voice Command +1
  2.    #22  
    Hi tweaka!

Hope this helps:

Launch webOS Quick Install
    Select Tweaks from Tools menu
    Scroll right to Online Repository
    Scroll down to Named Pages in Launcher

I took a screen shot for you, but it looks like the patch isn't ready to work with 1.4 yet. Hopefully soon!

Bujin, if you don't have anything nice to say....
    Attached Images Attached Images
    --------------------

Palm Pilot Pro > Palm IIIx > Palm V >
    Palm VII > Treo 755p > Palm Pre!

... and they're all still floating around
    my house somewhere, too...

--------------------
    -I would like to see notifications for subfolders with IMAP email.
    -More customizations with sounds
    -Some way to group contacts if possible (although with the various sources that synergy allows for contact categories would be logistically frustrating it could be done if all group-eligible contacts had an entry in the Palm Profile)
    -Birthdays automatically on the Calendar.

Oh Yeah
    SyncML (if possible)
    Last edited by mikeamoore; 03/02/2010 at 12:46 PM. Reason: remembered one more thing.
    Now that 1.4 is out I think webOS is missing very few *must have* features and improvements. The one thing I can think of that would really make my use with the phone drasically better is if they integrated the gpu and made everything more responsive. Its really not a big deal as it is now but you can never have something load too quickly.

Some minor stuff imo that I would like to see.
    -Better media functionality. The stock music app is garbage its hard to deny it. It does the bare minumum and honestly it looks pretty ugly. I'm a huge fan of amazon and would truly love to see them partner up and make a worthwhile media experience on the phone.
    -Better synergy. I still dont really get what synergy is lol. I dont get why linking my contacts is beneficial at all other than to clear up some clutter in the contacts list, which I literally never use.
    -Better back up. Another feature of webOS that confuses me. I really dont know what is getting backed up to the cloud. It would be nice if they created a portal so I could manage all of the content I have stored on my palm profile.
    -placeholder incase I think of some other minor things
    voice command
    camera zoom
    thats about it lol
    Quote Originally Posted by animemom View Post
    Now that we're all getting used to what 1.4 does - and doesn't - have, I thought I'd start a thread to see what everyone would like to see in the next webOS update.

Here's my short list:

1. Recurring tasks! The old Palm OS had this, why not the webOS? As much as I may not want to, I'd like a reminder in my task list every month that I have to pay my phone bill, etc.
    It's called the Calendar. Might want to give it a try sometime.
    Global Posts
    171 Global Posts
    +1 to voice commands, voice recorder, beefed up speed, improved synergy

I dunno what else...it's looking pretty solid!
    PALM Messenger to attract all the bb crackberry fans!!
  9.    #29  
    Quote Originally Posted by foosball View Post
    Thanks, foosball. That was ever such a very helpful suggestion.

Calendar: for recurring EVENTS

Tasks: needs recurring TASKS. I don't quite classify dropping off recycling or paying the monthly insurance premium as an event.

Palm OS (which runs in my Treo) features recurring tasks in its To Do app. There's no reason for there not to be the equivalent in the webOS Tasks app.
    --------------------

--------------------
    BT KEYBOARD!
    BT KEYBOARD!
    BT KEYBOARD!

And voice dialing. {Jonathan}
    Would like to see it stuffed in something other than a piece of plastic garbage.
    The Saint
    I would like to see
    -scroll bar things
    -voice recorder
    -visual voice mail
    - better auto correction
    - more landscape menus
    -intergrate more of the patches
    -better performance,battery
    -gpu!
    more custumization like themes or something
    Possibly a virtual keyboard...even though theres already a physical keyboard
    Voice dialing and visual voicemail
    Global Posts
    273 Global Posts
    I would like 1.5 to enable the Pre to transform into an autobot.

Tasks: needs recurring TASKS.
    All I know is that my bills get paid when my reminders pop up on the calendar the same way they would get paid as if they were in tasks but hey whatever makes you sleep at night.
  17.    #37  
    Quote Originally Posted by SiLlY View Post
    I would like 1.5 to enable the Pre to transform into an autobot.
    Oh, man.... then my kids would each want one!

Probably my husband, too. He's stuck on the Treo Pro and keeps eyeing my Pre.

Foosball, some of us have been enslaved to To Do checklists since they were written on (gasp!) paper. Call it an OCD thing. Plus, I share my Gmail Calendar with my husband and two oldest sons. They don't need to know everything I need to do, especially when it involves them!
    Last edited by animemom; 02/28/2010 at 10:45 PM. Reason: added reply to Foosball
    --------------------

--------------------
    Quote Originally Posted by foosball View Post
    Yes, the calender / agenda is for everything you need to do today or another specific time... Including repetitions of course!

And the Tasks / ToDo list is for everything you should do as soon as possible (prio 1) when you have time (prio 2) sometime (3) don't forget (4) and archive (5) which naturally must be sorted in smart categories, if you have a lot of info ;-)

I have never every understood why any ToDo entry should be timed in any way, when the calender is made for just that!

And if you sometimes want a "must be done" time, is it just to write the end date at the end of the todo post and that will also remind you, at the same time!!

And that idiotic check box, is also a waste of space that should be OPTIONAL because if you have to show your boss what you done, is it better to simply MOVE these post to a "done" category - so done stuff don't mess up your list with things you have to do!!

Now when I think about that, will I check if webOS still have the idiotic check boxes and if they have, beg them to make that optional...

But the missing note icon and prio number in webOS would be a pain in the behind - even if you can write that manually for each post, like.. "2 Post in forums so Palm fix webOS #"

Hope this help someone ;-)
    BB
    Thanks, foosball. That was ever such a very helpful suggestion.

Tasks: needs recurring TASKS. I don't quite classify dropping off recycling or paying the monthly insurance premium as an event.

Palm OS (which runs in my Treo) features recurring tasks in its To Do app. There's no reason for there not to be the equivalent in the webOS Tasks app.
    It's one obvious reason - if you place every timed task or event in the calender, must you only check one place every morning... The EVENT word is only a suggestion, jsy as the TASK word... I store my HiFi equpement setting and my finest poems in ToDo as example and meetings are more task than events, but you put these in the calender right ;-)
Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast