Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 49101112131415 LastLast
    I just want the update to be released by all carriers in the same 3 day period.

But that will never happen with Verizon.
    Global Posts
    64 Global Posts
    VIRTUAL KEYBOARD. Seriously Palm and HP, why don't we have a virtual keyboard?
    Global Posts
    64 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lmschwab View Post
    3. Give us some more options for IM - why only AIM and Google Talk? What about Windows Live, Yahoo, Skype, ICQ, MSN? It would be nice to be able to use these with the built-in messaging app, and not have to have a 3rd party app.
    I have to agree here. Regardless of which service you prefer, Yahoo Messenger and MSN Messenger have more active users than both AIM and Google Talk. I really want Skype support, but not for IM. I want it for calling.
    Global Posts
    64 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Analog View Post
    Plaintext email.

HTML email, especially automatic loading of remote images, is a huge security hole. It's also obnoxious. The option to read and send email in plaintext would be a godsend in 1.5.
    Actually, the Pre already supports plaintext email. I get plaintext messages all the time. If the message is sent as a multipart MIME, and your email client supports HTML, it will display HTML.

So really what you want is an option to disable HTML support.

I on the other hand prefer getting HTML emails.
    Global Posts
    51 Global Posts
    Well this thread seems like an appropriate place to post an idea I had that would solve a commonly-complained-about issue people have had with WebOS on the Pre/Pixi.

I was thinking about the launcher arrow and how it is so useless and unremovable. It would be REALLY handy to be able to slide the launcher bar to the left and right to scroll through all the apps in your launcher without opening the launcher pages. You could put 10 or more most-used apps in order and then access them with the flick of your thumb.

It would also look pretty cool to be able to flick the bar left or right and watch the apps slide by. It wouldn't save a whole lot of motions over opening the launcher to get the same thing accomplished but would be a little less cluttered than opening a page of 4x4 icons or 5x5 icons.

Just a thought.
    -- Kevin
    Why is this thread still alive? There will never be a webOS 1.5...
    Global Posts
    51 Global Posts
    Because I didn't see a "what do you want to see in WebOS 2.0" thread and had an idea that I wanted to get opinions on and this one was on the front page.

If there is a WebOS 2.0 features request thread please link to it. I couldn't find one.
    Quote Originally Posted by geekpalm View Post
    The VK is not a mythe, I've seen it !
    besides, seriously, the viewing area is way too small for it and the keys are even harder to hit the he regular one.
    Which way to the java script for dummies thread ?
    webos 2.0
    I want my cursor to stay in the center of the friggin screen as I type in a text field so I don't have to scroll around to see what I'm typing.
    How about a new texting interface that allows you to select multiple recipients at one time, instead of having to go back and select another, go back and select another - ********

And somehow be able to scroll what you have written in the text when there are multiple recipients.

Their texting application is the worst I have ever seen. I am shocked that they would create such a crappy app for one of the most widely used communication tools.
    "What Would YOU Like to See in webOS 1.5?
    Now that we're all getting used to what 1.4 does - and doesn't - have, I thought I'd start a thread to see what everyone would like to see in the next webOS update."

WebOS 2.0
    If "If's" and "But's" were candy and nuts we'd all have a Merry Christmas!

System check, If this is a smart phone it should tell me when something is wrong and let me know what the problem is and how to fix it (lol).
    Quote Originally Posted by vasekvi View Post
    I want my cursor to stay in the center of the friggin screen as I type in a text field so I don't have to scroll around to see what I'm typing.
    I thought that was just me.
    I thank you !

Linux System file check from a command prompt I guess, # **** seems complicated looking through my dirty, tinted, scratched, foggy, small, windows.
    Just reload the entire os IMHO, its just a tiny phone after all. Hey, and its a good phone at that !
    The forum thinks the anacronym for File System ChecK **** is a bad word.
    http://www.kernelhardware.org/how-sh...x-file-system/

Will someone stop us eventually, or will we be old and grey still posting to this thread ?
    Quote Originally Posted by Solen View Post
    Everything everyone posted already here, plus the option to select what things Universal Search actually searches, while having the ability to search practically everything on the phone. Just saw a review of the BB Torch, and it seems BB OS 6 beat us to that one .
    Echoing this sentiment. The find feature on my Treo searched pretty much everything that was in memory. Was a great way to have a "poor man's link" between several types of entries that related to the same topic.

For those talking about additional IM options, you might check out Mundu. It pretty much covers all the IM systems except ICQ (which is pretty much dying anyway) and works quite nicely. Another option is IM+. To each their own, I got both during the 50% sale..but found that I like Mundu a little better.
    ---
    Handspring Visor>Sony 710c>Sony NX60>Sony NX80>Treo 700p>Palm Pre Plus>Went over to the dark side with phone->Samsung Droid Charge
    HP Touchpad!
    Quote Originally Posted by geekpalm View Post
    If the homebrew VKB is any indication, because it's not very smooth at this point. The lack of hardware acceleration in 1.x is just prohibitive for cool stuff like that. I can imagine a VKB shipping with 2.x, when animations and graphics can be handled by the GPU.
    SIDEBAR: Perhaps its time to rename the thread to "What Would YOU Like to See in webOS 2.0"?
    ---
    Handspring Visor>Sony 710c>Sony NX60>Sony NX80>Treo 700p>Palm Pre Plus>Went over to the dark side with phone->Samsung Droid Charge
    HP Touchpad!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bujin View Post
    I would like a built-in Tazer, that zaps you if you post about 1.6 the day after 1.5 comes out.

HAHAHAHAHA me too. I would actually pay big money for that one! :P
    Global Posts
    621 Global Posts
    video camera....

NOT "HP webOS"!!!
    Global Posts
    621 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GodShapedHole View Post
    If the homebrew VKB is any indication, because it's not very smooth at this point. The lack of hardware acceleration in 1.x is just prohibitive for cool stuff like that. I can imagine a VKB shipping with 2.x, when animations and graphics can be handled by the GPU.
    VKB doesnt work and hasnt for months

NOT "HP webOS"!!!