Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 389101112131415 LastLast
    With my sysadmin hat on:

The ability to sync contacts and calendering data via any set of open protocols. I'll take SyncML, LDAP, iCal, or anything else, but relying on outside services just doesn't work.

Getting todos and memos synced would be even better. SyncML does all of these, so it would definitely work.

More then just a silent/not silent toggle, being able to specify that the office rings no matter what would be, very helpful when on call.

With my personal hat on:

Text to speach for saying the name of the caller if they are in the contacts. If my Nokie E61 can do it, why can't a WebOS device?
    With my sysadmin hat on:

The ability to sync contacts and calendering data via any set of open protocols. I'll take SyncML, LDAP, iCal, or anything else, but relying on outside services just doesn't work.

Getting todos and memos synced would be even better. SyncML does all of these, so it would definitely work.

More then just a silent/not silent toggle, being able to specify that the office rings no matter what would be, very helpful when on call.

With my personal hat on:

Text to speach for saying the name of the caller if they are in the contacts. If my Nokie E61 can do it, why can't a WebOS device?
    Global Posts
    116 Global Posts
    Everything everyone posted already here, plus the option to select what things Universal Search actually searches, while having the ability to search practically everything on the phone. Just saw a review of the BB Torch, and it seems BB OS 6 beat us to that one .
    Palm Pre on Sprint. WebOS 1.4.5
    If I helped you, a thanks would be much appreciated (Thanks button located on right side)
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    Voice Features - as in:

voice dial
    voice activation
    voice memo
    voice SMS.

At this point it is going to be the deal breaker.. Love my pre but... if these features are not going to be on a new phone in the near future, I am going to be taking a serious look at the HTC and the Samsung that will be out soon with Sprint.
    Quote Originally Posted by icmfal View Post
    Voice Features - as in:

voice dial
    voice activation
    voice memo
    voice SMS.

At this point it is going to be the deal breaker.. Love my pre but... if these features are not going to be on a new phone in the near future, I am going to be taking a serious look at the HTC and the Samsung that will be out soon with Sprint.
    I'd rather have call recording on webOS than all those other features on an Android device and no call recording.

I'm not sure if Android will get call recording anytime soon... But if they do, it'll be curtains for webOS.
    1. I'd like to see Verizon not be the last to get it.
    2. I'd like to NOT see questions like "when is 1.6 being released"..before 1.5 is even out .
    Global Posts
    16 Global Posts
    I liked to see the ignore with text option my centro had when i received a call.
    I'D LIKE TO BE ABLE TO SEE WHAT I'M TYPING ON A LARGE TEXT FIELD, LIKE HERE AT THE PRECENTRAL FORUM, OR ANY OTHER FORUM, OR A BLOG.

I CAN'T SEE WHAT I'M TYPING ON ANY FRICKIN' WEBSITE!!!!

\/\/TF!!!

HASN'T THIS BEEN IN THE LOGS TO HAVE BEEN CORRECTED LIKE THRICE?!

<\/\/TF>!?

YOU DON'T EVEN HAVE TO MAKE ZOOM IN SO MUCH THAT YOU FOLLOW THE CURSOR AROUND. JUST ZOOM OUT TO THE WIDTH OF THE TEXT FIELD AND LET ME ZOOM IN IF I NEED TO!!!

For Pete's in' sake.
    Last edited by grndslm; 08/21/2010 at 06:49 PM. Reason: typing that without caps lock is a biznitch
    Quote Originally Posted by Steveborough View Post
    New Features
    - Voice dialing
    - Robust Music Player: Give NanPlayer guy some cash aaannnnd dun
    - Mic API in SDK/PDK: Shazam, Audio Memo, Voice Search/Nav, Mic in games, etc...
    - Touchstone Dashboard: Alarm clock, weather, feeds (FB and RSS), calendar in nice dashboard when on touchstone

Improvements
    - Calendar: Better Exchange syncing (still wonky)
    - Contacts: show all/FB/exchange/AIM button
    - GoogleMaps: Latitude, Street View, Google layers
    - Wireless: Allow File Transfer over wifi
    - Facebook: view FB profile
    - Chat: Voice (skype?), FB Chat integration

Wishful thinking
    - 3D UI with GPU (only if this improves battery life and overall speed)
    - New Touchstone w/ built in Rechargeable Battery and BT-to-stereo
    - EDIT MS OFFICE DOCS ALREADY! (this has been delayed so long, i can only wish)
    guess they listened to me about the dashboard suggestion while on touchstone!
    yeah, because nobody else ever thought of it...
    Quote Originally Posted by Steveborough View Post
    guess they listened to me about the dashboard suggestion while on touchstone!
    Pixi: Sold. Pre: Passed off to another rep. Touchpad: Just a toy until Cloud syncing arrives, and a better doc editor.
    Global Posts
    343 Global Posts
    Do we really think that there is going to be a 1.5 when they just released the SDK for 2.0? Just wondering.
    The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible.
    Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.
    More than anything, I'd like to see it ship. I don't even have 1.4.5 yet...
    I'd love to see all my Treo/Centro common sensical stuff. Otherwise I'd like to see WebOS 2.0 in 1.5 lol.
    i guess this is more of a "what do you want to see in 2.0" now, but i would like to have the option to compress video in order to send it via MMS.

i cant send a video longer than 4 or so seconds to my friend w/ an iPhone.
    Could a update make this phone physically bigger with higher res, and possible tighter hardware so its more resistant to atmospheric conditions like moisture, moisture resistant.

I am sure it could use more processing power all the way around. Could we just get a free Palm 3 with a trade in ? Are they even working on a Palm 3, will it be physically larger or smaller. Why not place it on my wrist and call it the worlds first smart wrist phone watch !

Stevebprough" Mic API in SDK/PDK: Shazam, Audio Memo, Voice Search/Nav, Mic in games, etc..."
    @Steve, I quit developing over that little sweatheart of a trick not being possible.
    1. MSN Messenger client.
    2. Virtual Keyboard w/ landscape mode.
    3. Playlists for the Music App.
    4. A more organized layout of the home screens.

Would be great if they managed to get more IM clients.
    Quote Originally Posted by Riboflavin View Post
    i guess this is more of a "what do you want to see in 2.0" now, but i would like to have the option to compress video in order to send it via MMS.

i cant send a video longer than 4 or so seconds to my friend w/ an iPhone.
    There's a patch for that ;-) (I mean to send videos, NOT to fix your lemming friend with the iPhone, lol)
    skype! and wifi range problem fixed!
    Fix the bug that causes HTML markups to be displayed in thr comments field of contacts...
    I would like to see bluetooth as we had it on previous palms like the centro, 700 or 650. being able to "beam" a contact or mp3 or a game or anything was great. it really makes no sense that saying "well, there were some proprietary issues and that's why that function was removed" is silly. Also, as far fetched as it sounds, i want to see all our Sprint Pixi's replaced or given that stupid radio card that the pixi plus got. I'm still ****ed about that. It was the reason I got the stupid pixi to begin with. Yeah, i too saw the first wifi ad for the Sprint Pixi and it was the reason i got it. I feel robbed. I'm holding on to it I know but grrrrr...damn you lying weiners at Sprint!