Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2789101112131415 LastLast
    More efficient memory management and garbage collection - i.e. no more "Too Many Cards" error.

Speed and battery life improvements.

Tasks app should sync to cloud services like Remember the Milk.

A beefed up Memo app which syncs to Google Docs. Palm might actually want to grab the developer who is responsible for ClassicNote and replace the current Memos app. Or better yet, use the current Memos app to display recent Memos and ClassicNote as the "advanced" mode. But above all the Memos app should sync to Google Docs or some other cloud-based service.

A web-based equivalent to the old Palm Desktop (Palm Webtop?) which can sync to webOS and be backed up to a computer in open formats. It should also be possible for anyone to use this application even if they do not currently own a webOS device.
    Let's be honest here. If all I wanted my Pre for was a toy, I'd probably get an iPhone and play with iFart all day. What I need is a trusty PIM like My Treo and Visor before that.

Toys are all well and good, we business folks NEED built into the OS:
    1. Categories for contacts (not just by source)
    2. Categories for events (not just by source)
    3. Repeating events
    4. DocumentsToGo

The nice to have's are:
    1. Voice recording
    2. Camera zoom
    3. Bluetooth file transfer
    4. DarthRepublican's Palm Webtop (sheer genius)
    Last edited by JRoseman; 05/03/2010 at 09:02 PM.
    I would like a way to organize my web bookmarks.

I would also like a screen / touch disable. So if I'm flicking up, down, left, or right my finger doesn't accidentally touch a new link. It's so frustrating when you get sent to a new page accidentally!

I think lastly, color lighting for gesture area. Customizable, yellow for text, blue for email, red for missed call, green for voicemail...you get the idea.
    Quote Originally Posted by djr88fan View Post
    I would like a way to organize my web bookmarks.

I would also like a screen / touch disable. So if I'm flicking up, down, left, or right my finger doesn't accidentally touch a new link. It's so frustrating when you get sent to a new page accidentally!

I think lastly, color lighting for gesture area. Customizable, yellow for text, blue for email, red for missed call, green for voicemail...you get the idea.
    What do you mean when you say you want a way to organize bookmarks? I know you can rearrange them...

As for the color lighting, that's currently impossible. The LEDs can only be white.
    Organize bookmarks = maybe be able to have folders? I have like 100 bookmarks. ALot of them are weather related ( weather radars for different towns / different parts of the U.S. ) because I'm a truck driver. Quite a few are sports related, a few banking web-sites etc..... Folder 1 - Weather. Folder 2 - Sports. Folder 3 - Banking.
    When it comes to organizing bookmarks...

I'd like some kinda "extension" in the browser that hooks up to Xmarks or a similar service. That way I can organize them in one spot, and pull all organized bookmarks up on ANY computer I so choose.

Still can't believe there's no Xmarks integration that's happened yet. Perhaps there's another service instead?
    look in the app catalog for an app alled 'gmarks'

it used google bookmarks
    Thank you , trim 81. Great suggestion! I did not have a GMail account, til today. Bookmarked a bunch of my favorite websites using GMail, downloaded Gmarks. Gmarks synced with my GMail bookmaks. Now I have all my favorite websites organized! A bit time consuming but well worth it! Best part, did it all from my Palm! No need for the computer, Palm Web OS is so AWESOME! Thanks again trim 81. ---DJ
    I'd also like universal search to be more universal...include email, App Catalog, calendar, Notes app -if possible (by inglorious)

Camera zoom is another wish as well. Is this possible, or a hardware issue?

I'd also like to see repeating events.

Revamped App Catalog, with better search optimization, and integrate featured apps within the catalog. PayPal payments as well.

Maybe a "battery saver" mode, so that way I don't have to do things like shut off geolocation, data, app notifications, lower brightness and whatnot, individually.
    All of this ...

Quote Originally Posted by JRoseman View Post
    Let's be honest here. If all I wanted my Pre for was a toy, I'd probably get an iPhone and play with iFart all day. What I need is a trusty PIM like My Treo and Visor before that.

Toys are all well and good, we business folks NEED built into the OS:
    1. Categories for contacts (not just by source)
    2. Categories for events (not just by source)
    3. Repeating events
    4. DocumentsToGo
    ... and ...

5. SyncML
    Global Posts
    76 Global Posts
    I would really like to see a threading gMail app... and the ability to archive email. I actually run the web version of gmail from time to time just for those two features.
    Robert @ Mobile Cash Quest
    Your shot @ $5,000 is just a FREE App Away!
    Mobile Cash Quest - Scavenger Hunt for Palm Phones where you race other Palm owners for real prizes!
    Things I miss most:
    - Decent A2DP Bluetooth Stereo Quality.
    - Sync using syncml (for example for eGroupware)
    Working GPS for Verizon
    Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    can someone assist me in installing the new themes that are located on this site for the virtual keyboard...any advice would be appreciated...
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by iTz Nicholas72 View Post
    Working GPS for Verizon
    Same here. Actually, I'm hoping the carrier that delayed 1.4.5 for a bug fix was VZW fixing the GPS.
    I'm not sure what its called but I have seen other phones be able to scan bar codes on items in stores with the camera. The phone would use this to tell you if its cheaper at a different store and using the gps tell you how long it would take and how to get there.
    1. Bluetooth file exchnange
    2. Virtual Keyboard
    3. faster Systemboot
    4. Windows Live Messenger Client
    5. Flashplayer
    6. Voice recorder
    7. PayPal to pay Apps
    8. No restart after activating/deactivating Developer Mode
    Quote Originally Posted by wfcentral View Post
    I would really like to see a threading gMail app... and the ability to archive email. I actually run the web version of gmail from time to time just for those two features.
    +1
    I would love to see the following:

1. More custom recurring tasks. I relied on that with my 700p, and actually still use it for my tasks because the Pre is so lacking in this respect. I used Rick Huebner's ReDo, which was nice because it added recurring tasks only when you specifiy, so if you do something once every 6 months, for example, it doesn't clog up your task list for 5 months.

2. Ability to minimize cards or make cards invisible. My biggest beef with this is IM - since the Pre ONLY comes with the ability to use Google Talk or AIM (also #3 below). I have to use a 3rd party app in order to use Yahoo messenger, and have to keep that card open to stay signed in. That's irritating.

3. Give us some more options for IM - why only AIM and Google Talk? What about Windows Live, Yahoo, Skype, ICQ, MSN? It would be nice to be able to use these with the built-in messaging app, and not have to have a 3rd party app.

4. Ability to save e-mail attachments! I was appalled to find that I couldn't save anything except pics and pdf's! And, at this time it seems there are no 3rd party e-mail apps to fix this.

5. Ability to select color themes or more brightness options. With my treo, if I was in a really dark space (I work in a theater, so that's often!), I could turn the brightness to almost off, and could then have the phone on without the bright screen light being obtrusive. I have my Pre on the absolute dimmest setting, and the screen is still unbelievably bright! Another option to this would be to be able to select reverse colors, i.e. black screen/light type.

6. More ability to customize the Calendar app. I, for one, hate seeing the "8 Hrs 30 Mins Free" thing over the little accordion. The best would be if we could have Datebk6-like functionality, where the user could specify how many hours per day to show, and the more hours, the more the day view would be squashed, top-to-bottom. Also, I was irritated at having to install a patch to default the calendar view to week - that should have been included in the app in the first place.

7. Customization of phone app - I'm stuck with green!

8. Since we have the camera, why not a video camera?
    Better ability to sync up to a private server with open protocols. (Corporate and personal uses here.)

That's SyncML (or LDAP) for Contacts.

SyncML or iCal for the calendar.

SyncML for memos and tasks.

And support for arbitrary XMPP/Jabber servers for chat.

I'm not picky, I'm willing to provide any reasonably supported open protocol on the server end for the company, but WebOS needs to support _something_ that's not Exchange and which can be run locally.