07/31/2010, 06:42 PM
I would love to see the following:
1. More custom recurring tasks. I relied on that with my 700p, and actually still use it for my tasks because the Pre is so lacking in this respect. I used Rick Huebner's ReDo, which was nice because it added recurring tasks only when you specifiy, so if you do something once every 6 months, for example, it doesn't clog up your task list for 5 months.
2. Ability to minimize cards or make cards invisible. My biggest beef with this is IM - since the Pre ONLY comes with the ability to use Google Talk or AIM (also #3 below). I have to use a 3rd party app in order to use Yahoo messenger, and have to keep that card open to stay signed in. That's irritating.
3. Give us some more options for IM - why only AIM and Google Talk? What about Windows Live, Yahoo, Skype, ICQ, MSN? It would be nice to be able to use these with the built-in messaging app, and not have to have a 3rd party app.
4. Ability to save e-mail attachments! I was appalled to find that I couldn't save anything except pics and pdf's! And, at this time it seems there are no 3rd party e-mail apps to fix this.
5. Ability to select color themes or more brightness options. With my treo, if I was in a really dark space (I work in a theater, so that's often!), I could turn the brightness to almost off, and could then have the phone on without the bright screen light being obtrusive. I have my Pre on the absolute dimmest setting, and the screen is still unbelievably bright! Another option to this would be to be able to select reverse colors, i.e. black screen/light type.
6. More ability to customize the Calendar app. I, for one, hate seeing the "8 Hrs 30 Mins Free" thing over the little accordion. The best would be if we could have Datebk6-like functionality, where the user could specify how many hours per day to show, and the more hours, the more the day view would be squashed, top-to-bottom. Also, I was irritated at having to install a patch to default the calendar view to week - that should have been included in the app in the first place.
7. Customization of phone app - I'm stuck with green!
8. Since we have the camera, why not a video camera?